Tiniest paints a Lion Man: Tuma Windrunner

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This bust is turning out amazing! Makes me want to pick one up and paint it...

Thanks Talae! He's not too pricey...you could have him in about a week...just sayin... :-)  

His left shoulder pad is making me want waffles.....mmmmmm

Also....in before the "these pretzels are making me thirsty" quotes appear.

Great, now I want waffles.

Also, Lol

• Like 1

For my own edification: does viewing the bust in black and white help you see the shadows better?

It helps you see the highlights and shadows better, the contrasts. So if it looks very monotone, then you need to punch things up or down or both.

• Like 2

For my own edification: does viewing the bust in black and white help you see the shadows better?

It helps you see the highlights and shadows better, the contrasts. So if it looks very monotone, then you need to punch things up or down or both.

Yup.

For me, I feel confident in my ability to put color to mini that make sense and looks good. My trouble starts with the contrasts. I always stop to soon, I know I stop to soon, yet my brain says STOP! Your going to ruin it. So by changing it to black and white I can look at it and my brain says, huh, you should continue.

I'm not quite into the habit of doing that for every mini yet but I'm trying to remember. Especially since once I call something done, I have a very hard time going back to fix things. I'm trying to break that habit too.

Edited by tiniest rhombus
  • Like 2

This bust is turning out amazing! Makes me want to pick one up and paint it...

Thanks Talae! He's not too pricey...you could have him in about a week...just sayin... :-)
Such an enabler...

Soon I will purchase some busts and whatnot. Right now is Bones 3, Zombicide, and some real life bills.

• Like 3