All of this is just mind blowing. And i dont see a problem with your wall and floor bricks. A lot of medival castle were built with the same bricks for both. The floors could look more weathered by use since we dont walk on walls, the only other difference would be grass and weeds growing in the cracks.

What kind of foam did you use for the ruins? I have been wanting to do similar scenery but i dont know what to use to make that type of decor.

It is a standard pink foam board, used for insulating houses, I believe. Sadly it isn't real cheap around here (unless you steal it from construction sites) and it doesn't come very thick, so I had to build it up in layers glueing them as I went, then sculpting them into shape. This lends itself well to bricks at this scale though. More organic shapes might be more challenging. After I sculpted it, I fixed some spots with a spackle-like compound over the top, and a few dozen layers of watered down PVA glue to seal the foam before I spray primed. In artschool I found most aerosols will melt foam, so I wasn't taking any precautions there. Best of luck with your attempt. Let me know how it turns out.

• Like 2
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this is just mind blowing. And i dont see a problem with your wall and floor bricks. A lot of medival castle were built with the same bricks for both. The floors could look more weathered by use since we dont walk on walls, the only other difference would be grass and weeds growing in the cracks.

What kind of foam did you use for the ruins? I have been wanting to do similar scenery but i dont know what to use to make that type of decor.

It is a standard pink foam board, used for insulating houses, I believe. Sadly it isn't real cheap around here (unless you steal it from construction sites) and it doesn't come very thick, so I had to build it up in layers glueing them as I went, then sculpting them into shape. This lends itself well to bricks at this scale though. More organic shapes might be more challenging. After I sculpted it, I fixed some spots with a spackle-like compound over the top, and a few dozen layers of watered down PVA glue to seal the foam before I spray primed. In artschool I found most aerosols will melt foam, so I wasn't taking any precautions there. Best of luck with your attempt. Let me know how it turns out.

Thanks! And those are some great tips.

Simply stunning in your conception, implementation, and expression !

Now that I got that academic !

DANG IS THAT GREAT!

Welcome to the madhouse, and beautiful work.

Look forward to seeing more of your creations !

• Like 1