Sign in to follow this  
Kang

dropper bottle source?

Hey,

I have not been checking here nearly so obsessively over the past year or so; perhaps this is old news already...  If not, maybe it'll help some people who want to store their paint mixes in something convenient.

But the place where I get my e-cig juice sells little 5ml (I think) dropper bottles that look like they'd be good for paint, and they are only a couple bucks each.  The 30ml bottles the juice comes in look like they would work too, but then you have to pay for the e-juice too... unless you vape and would be buying them anyhow, or know someone who does.

These droppers aren't exactly the same as Reaper's, and I haven't tried putting paint in them - they may need some tweaking (I can imagine having to drill the tips out a tiny bit wider maybe) but I think they would work.  Last time I read about people wanting empty dropper bottles, you basically had to order huge numbers of them online or else pay an arm and a leg.  That was back before I ever saw anyone using an e-cig though, not like now where almost half the nicotine addicts hanging around the front door of my office tower are now vaping rather than combusting.

Kang

• Like 2

Reaper sells dropper bottles as well if you want a small number.

I get my dropper bottles from US Plastics.  About $0.35 each the last time that I bought some.  But, you may want to buy a bunch to make the shipping worthwhile.  I use about 22 a year for my GenCon classes, so I tend to buy in bulk every few years.

Ron

• Like 3

Didn't realize Reaper was already in the empty dropper bottle game...  Like I said, I'm not as active here as I used to be.  I'm definitely not beating your US plastics price either.  Though I do get to forego shipping charges. 

Amazon has them for like $10--$12 for 50. They are shipped free from China. I like the 15 ML bottles as the 20 are too big.

• Like 4

OK, so I'm behind the times, seems like these are much easier to find nowadays. What's next, is someone about to tell me Reaper started selling unpainted plastic minis or some such outlandish thing?...   :;):

I still maintain that this might be the only dropper bottle option you can pick up from a kiosk at your local mall on the way home from the office though. 

Edited by Kang
  • Like 1

I get dropper bottles from a local art supply store for $0.85 each.  They seem a little bit smaller than Reapers bottles, but work just fine.  Look for a specialty art supply store, not a big box craft store.

Always good to have this information. I can attest from personal experience that the dropper bottles I picked up from Hobby Lobby are not good for washes or other uses. They leak prodigiously when you shake them.

I've ordered 2x from Amazon and not had a single problem with over 70 bottles that I've used thus far. They aren't as thick of plastic as what reaper uses, but they are still very good quality and so so inexpensive.

• Like 1

SKS Bottle sells all kinds of sizes and materials of dropper bottles. Look at the Plastic Natural LDPE bottles  Item 0001-11 is a 1/2 oz bottle.