Sign in to follow this  
dsmiles

Dave Paints: Red Dragon [Enigma Miniatures ENM1260; OOP]

So, I got this dragon a while back:

20150626_081418.jpg

The only thing I know about it is that it doesn't exist. Even my considerable Google-Fu couldn't turn it up anywhere. I picked it up on Noble Knight Games under the Enigma Miniatures header, and it was produced in the early 90s. I have recently contacted the current Enigma Miniatures to see if they are the same company that produced this mini.

She's packaged as a Red Dragon, but with those ears and that nose horn, she more closely resembles a 1e/2e Blue Dragon; so that's where I'm going with her. I've got a bit more filling to do on her, the liquid greenstuff seems to have shrunk a bit since I did my initial gap filling.

That's a 120mm base with a Reaper scenic resin Treasure Hoard vignette base and one of the Treasure Packs attached. Since she's a Blue, the sand (and non-treasure parts of the resin base) will be painted as, well, sand. I'm probably going to work on that part first, since the lgs will need curing time.

• Like 11

Woot! A DRAGON!!!!!  :wub:

You don't get to hit this one with your axe.

I wanted to get some of these bigger, non-Bonesium ones out of the way before I deploy, since I have no way to transport them. But I can put them in storage.

• Like 4

Woot! A DRAGON!!!!!  :wub:

You don't get to hit this one with your axe.

I wanted to get some of these bigger, non-Bonesium ones out of the way before I deploy, since I have no way to transport them. But I can put them in storage.

I won't hurt the purty red dragon... this time...

Yeah, how long you deploying for?

• Like 2

6 months. I'll be able to take smaller minis and my paints, but nothing this size, unless it's indestructible.

• Like 3

Ugh, I feel for you there, having had to do that before.  Being limited on space sucks.  Looking forward to see your cool dragon come along.

• Like 4

Noble Knight rules, by the way.

Many a time I thought the chance of finding some out of production mini lost forever, only to find it in their fathomless, dusty vaults.

• Like 4

That's a great Dragon.

Lots of work for you ::P:

Yeah, I know. Especially since I plan on breaking out the Antimatter glaze painting tutorial for her.
  • Like 3

That's a great Dragon.

Lots of work for you ::P:

Yeah, I know. Especially since I plan on breaking out the Antimatter glaze painting tutorial for her.

Ooooo! The AM glaze tutorial!? I got it too, going to use it on a bit of my Summer Exchange project.

• Like 2

The was another, earlier miniature company by the name of Enigma from back in the 90's.

I've got a few things from them and my FLGS has a few packs on the rack still.  IIRC the company was based out of Ontario, Canada.

Either way, it's a cool looking dragon and I'm interesting in seeing what you do with it.

• Like 2

That's the one I'm thinking it is, but the product numbers are exactly the same (ENM####) as the current Enigma Miniatures.

• Like 2