03096: Barros & Tempest, Exchange Mini

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing these pics! I am thinking about doing a diorama involving these two, and I haven't been able to find good closeups, and especially with the lady-rider.

Also, beautiful paint job! I love palominos, and these colors are just lovely. What colors did you use for the mane?

• Like 1

THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing these pics! I am thinking about doing a diorama involving these two, and I haven't been able to find good closeups, and especially with the lady-rider.

Also, beautiful paint job! I love palominos, and these colors are just lovely. What colors did you use for the mane?

For anyone that paints her (and this probably goes for the male riders as well, but I didn't even test fit them) I recommend you take care of the face and hair before you pin the shield on. 

For the mane I used white as the base and made two washes.  The first was Scalecolor Birch and the second was Scalecolor Sandalwood.  No real color theory involved.  They were just sitting on my desk and looked like they would work.

• Like 1

Auberon what colors on the wings. One wing has been scraped to the metal in one small spat. I want to fix it.

Also looking at this while wide awake I am very impressed with how nice the palomino color looks. It is very well-done and I would say you captured the palomino look very nicely. I just attached the wings to Tempest once more

Auberon what colors on the wings. One wing has been scraped to the metal in one small spat. I want to fix it.

Also looking at this while wide awake I am very impressed with how nice the palomino color looks. It is very well-done and I would say you captured the palomino look very nicely. I just attached the wings to Tempest once more

Eh!?   Since I was mailing it I sprayed on multiple layers of protection.  :down:  Best seal it again I suppose.

... or it could have happened when I was taking it outside to spray and almost dropped it. I thought I looked it over... :unsure:

Anyway, the base coat was VGC Heavy Ochre.  Vallejo's GC "Heavy" line is apparently the same pigment formulation as their MC line so VMC ochre should be an exact match if you have that.  The reddish-brown shadows are VGC Dark Fleshtone while the deepest shadows are just an artist grade sepia ink from the local Hobby Lobby.  The yellow is VGC Sun Yellow with the most intense actually undercoated with VMC Ivory.  I had tried some yellow ink, but I thought it was too yellow and I believe that should have all been painted over.

But since you're probably a Reaper paint person you'll have to break out the color comparison chart.  I can't comment on the accuracy of the color match since I don't own the Reaper paints.  Basically it's a color grouping that you could use to paint NMM gold.  You might have to capture one of your Reapercon instructors and wring some paint-match suggestions out of them.  :ph34r:

I'll have a lot of work to do 

Its the shoulder join on the front sider. Right wing if looking at it (or left wing from figure perspective) Where the wing and the purple cloth meet.

We are slowly adding in Vallejo and other colors, but it is hard to find them at times