• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is a great looking mini and would fit perfectly into my pirate seafaring campaign. I will add it to my list and watch this WIP closely.

*sits and begins eating popcorn*

• Like 3

Great job at assembly Pingo!   If this is only your second plastic then you are way ahead of the curve on becoming an expert at this.  I see no mistakes anywhere in the pictures or even a smudge of glue where it shouldn't be.  Now if that was me there would be a bit more than a smudge and I have done plastic kits since I was 10 and that is a long time ago!

I need to set up a multi monitor desk at home just to keep an eye on all of these projects you have on the go!

(joins Talae in watching.. hoping to share his popcorn  .. I have twizzlers)

• Like 2

The golem is now primed.  I laid down a thin layer of Titanium White, leaving some transparency, then washed Raw Umber over the whole thing.

I usually use Burnt Umber, a good rich warm very dark brown, but Raw Umber has a slightly colder, greenish cast under it which looks good for weathered wood.

post-8022-0-22500100-1437582231.jpg

• Like 18

Are you still working on him?

Eeeehhyyyyyesss?

It's kind of complicated. He's definitely in my working-heap, but it is a somewhat complex working-heap.

There will probably be updates after tomorrow.

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Chubby Lamplighter, along with his friends Skinny Lamplighter and Lady Lamplighter (who I haven't painted yet), who are part of the Jedza set from the game Malifaux by Wyrd Games.

Despite loving Malifaux figures I stopped buying them because they just look so awful when I paint them up, but after seeing this set being unboxed on Youtube I had to pick them up.
      Not my best work in general (I think I spent more time reattaching the incredibly fragile dangly bits on his staff than painting him), but much better than I usually manage with the Malifaux range.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Alfredo "The Dandy" Francini, a low level mobster with a love of brightly coloured clothes, he's part of the Scylla faction from the now defunct (I think) game Wolsung by Micro Arts Studio.

This guy has been sitting in my 'to be painted' pile for far too long, so I worked on him for the last couple of weeks in between other projects.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Inarah
      I went with saturated colors on this one.  Enough of the black and brown, this Sascha is from a dimension where the future's so bright you gotta wear shades. 

• By Crystocracy
      Before the known ages, the ancient gods, who were traveling through time and space, between galaxies and systems, between planets and moons, finally reached this small blue planet and its light gray moon. Millions of years ago, searching for the force on the dark side of this moon, they found the crystals that emitted enormous energy.

They took it with them and returned to the blue planet. With the use of the power from other dimensions they try to warp the crystal and use it for their own dark plans.
      It quickly turned out that the crystal emitted too much power, a power that did not harmonize with the forces of the Ancient One. The symbiosis caused conflict and damage to the ancients. The warped crystal had been abandoned by them here... and for millions of years, it had lain, covered by layers of earth and sand in the darkness and silence...

Hi.
      Greetings from Andrzej (Ater), Jakub (MiniaturesArtTeam), and Pawel  (PJG_sculptor). For some time we were working together on something on the side which finally became a big miniature project. We plan to put it together in a board-battle game!

But let's take small steps and start gently. In our first project, we want to offer you some miniatures from the world which were shown to us in the dreams by one guy, who calls himself Cthulhu (we know... it is quite weird, but the dreams were really cool).

Inspired by these visions, we create a new universe in the dark, steampunk/dieselpunk climate. Now we want to show you our project and we cordially invite you not only to participate in the project itself but also to create it. Please, share your thoughts and opinions with us! Please come closer, sit down and hear a story about the Crystocracy.

Instagram
      Facebook

Kickstarter

• By vulture
      My stash will arrive today!
      I haven't done a WIP in a very long time , something I intend to remedy.
      I am extremely excited to get my hands on my contribution to Bones 5, the Whispering Ghoulsbane. Maybe more so than any prior piece I have made. Seeing as how I don't actually have the mini in had at this moment, Id thought I'd fill this space with some history about the concept.

I like to watch reviews for feedback on pieces I've made (and learned a lot).  A few review waffled on what the thing was, exactly. Part of me revels in this ambiguity -it is what you want it to be. That said it does have a mundane monster  origin story.......wait, say, lets make a game of it!

Which "old school" monster served as the primary inspiration for the Whispering Ghoulsbane? take a guess.

Wait wait wait! it's here, at this very moment! Delivery! let the prepping begin.
      Step 1: Open the bag.

That is all for now.
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)