Sign in to follow this  
Muninn

Half-Orc Spellblade (or Eldritch Knight if you prefer)

She's gorgeous! I love how fast people are out of the gate for these figures.

• Like 1

You are off to an OUTSTANDING start on your personal challenge. She is a LOVELY creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted & with a FINE range of colors. VERY WELL DONE!

I haven't checked out the Stone Haven stuff for awhile. I see I'm going to have to wander over there...my checking account may never be the same.

• Like 1

Great choice of colors. And the eyes are... unsettling.

They're a bit beady, aren't they? I don't always trust my brush to pinpoint details like that, so I used a fine black micron pen.

I really like her. I particularly enjoy the uncommon choice of green hair. Good pick to go red for her clothes.

Thanks. I know I went kinda subtle with the pale green skin tone, so I thought the green hair would help emphasize it. Plus the red would hopefully help make the greens pop a bit too. 

Beautiful looking figure! Love the color scheme.  A miniature a day for a month?  Where do you people find the time?

Fortunately I quit my job at the beginning of Summer, so I should have extra time. (although I have twin toddlers & a few college classes, so it might balance out) Most of the minis are half finished or prepainted to some degree. Minis that I started, but got distracted before I could finish. You can see my previous challenge minis here. (this is my fourth year doing this)

You are off to an OUTSTANDING start on your personal challenge. She is a LOVELY creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted & with a FINE range of colors. VERY WELL DONE!

I haven't checked out the Stone Haven stuff for awhile. I see I'm going to have to wander over there...my checking account may never be the same.

The challenge starts on Wednesday, this year I'm doing all GW minis. I just wanted to give this one a nice quick paintjob. 

The Stonehaven minis are great, although some of their earlier stuff can be a little flat looking, particularly the gnomes since they the squished a bit in the molding process.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ooook
      What's better to start my KS Bones topic than Mr. Bones himself ?

(bigger pics on my blog : click the pic to go there)

(click on the pic to view more)

And some treasure/objective tokens with Bones bits and various other stuff (Alkemy, Oathsworn Miniatures, GW, and even Ex-Illis) :

• By Inarah
      Sophie at the Well of Lost Memories was my RC 2019 entry.  I posed her on a sculpted base, reading through a stack of old diaries and journals written by those who have gone before us.  She earned a bronze award. 

• By Lostwind
      I've backed all 4 Kickstarters, and in order to move on actually painting them I did a mass wash / prime.
      I've intermixed the bones by type (Monsters, Heroes, set dressing), and have a couple random pieces that got separated.
      Can anyone tell me what these parts belong to?
      TIA

• By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tiltfive/holographic-tabletop-gaming

I have me a bit of a dubious, largely because I'm not certain these will, in fact, work for anybody. But. Still.. the concept is pretty damn cool.

"Tilt Five is a whole new way to play games, in Augmented Reality (AR), with freaking holograms!
      When you slip on the Tilt Five glasses and look at the game board, a vibrant 3D world opens up to you.  Suddenly chasms seem to drop infinitely into your table, and game characters and monsters spring up from the game board.  This is gaming unlike anything you've experienced before. 
      "When we started designing the Tilt Five system our focus wasn't on the technology for technology's sake.  We wanted to provide an amazing gaming experience that blends the things you love about video games and board games. And we wanted it to be just as fun when playing solo, together with your friends, or even when you're apart."  Jeri Ellsworth, Co-Founder & CEO "

Be interesting to see if this lives up to itself.
    • By Lidless Eye
      I figured it was time to work on some Elves.  They're definitely the smallest part of my painted collection.

The first batch is all from Reaper Miniatures.  

These are the metal ones:

The Drow who snuck in (from the box of Goodwill, no less)

More from Reaper, but this time in Bones:

And the others.  Mostly Stonehaven

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 222 Guests (See full list)