Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

Good grief, more steampunk! aka Dodger from Twisted

The steampunk bug continues to bite hard!

Decided to try one of my new Twisted minis, before I end up with an intimidatingly large pile of them, choose Dodger:-

IKQ8cf.jpg

I hate it when they insist on making you cut those tiny, fragile pieces from great, big, giant lumps of sprue.

lFSBVr.jpgTkPcEC.jpg

As expected, removing him from the sprue cost him part of his scarf and coat, but I managed to do an okay job of repairing them.

I also managed to assemble him slightly wrong looking at the official pics, apparently he's supposed to be aiming forward.

7Xz6s5.jpg

Did his skin with a 1:1 Vallejo Dwarf Flesh/Vallejo Flat Flesh scheme. Also managed to get his teeth and eyes (no pupils though, they're too tiny!).

Started on his hair with Palomino Gold.

• Like 8

Thanks guys!

I prefer this pose too, it does seem to fit him better (in my humble opinion), makes it very hard to paint one of his arms though.

Progress:-

E6QAD8.jpg

Finished off his hair with highlights of Palomino Gold and Yellowed Bone.

He then got a Yellowed Bone shirt and I based his waistcoat (Vallejo Olive Green) and coat (Sapphire Blue), the blue needs another layer or two.

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Scarab Mummy, a minion for the Egyptian faction in the game Twisted, he's a mummy that's been redesigned to have a more pleasing beetle theme (which I guess technically makes him more of a Flesh Golem).

Had a lot of fun with this one, I'm still pretty bad at painting gems but I think I'm getting better.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting an Android Flower-seller, part of the Servants of the Engine faction in the Twisted game universe.

Had a lot of fun painting this one, although given a second chance I probably would've given her brighter flowers, and luckily you can't see the terrible bit of mold slip going on across her bonnet from this angle.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Skrill
      This project was initiated by a little failed experiment with 2 parts epoxy resin (for water effect) that snowballed into a completely unrelated diorama. 
      I put a kelpie in a clear tube and poured epoxy resin on it. There were too many bubbles in it. But this reminded me of the round aquariums so often pictured in mad scientists’ lab.
      The closest mini for scientists I had, were 2 chronoscope Bones. The furniture and decor is a mix of handmade (foam, clay, random recycling), Boardgame spare pieces (Dungeon Saga) and Bones. 

C&C welcome. 

• By aku-chan
      Starting a new mini, called Blunderbuss, she's one of my many, many (many) Twisted Urkins I have left to paint.

Made some progress today:-

Painted her gas-mask, it's mostly Red Leather shaded with Brown Wash, but it's also got Iraqi Sand stitches, Bronze bits, Oily Steel bits and a 1:1 Magic Blue/Ghost Grey eye lens. 
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 297 Guests (See full list)