Hi everyone!

We wanted to share our Kickstarter with you all and get your thoughts and feedback!

effwords_logo_by_hoostino-d8zeja0.png

EFFWORDS: A Game of Effed-Up Words

EFFWORDS is sort of like Scrabble, but here's the catch: Players can only play fake words that they make up! One player, known as the judge, uses letter tiles to create a fake word, and the other players anonymously submit cards with definitions to define the word. The judge chooses the best definition for the fake word, and the player who submitted that definition earns points. Think Scrabble meets Cards Against Humanity!

effwords_promo_image_by_hoostino-d8zejmy

How to Play Video

Print-and-Play

You can try out the game using a rough sample of the print-and-play version of the game:

Print-and-Play

Printing Instructions

Rule Book

Graphic Design

We have about 95% of the graphic design finished for the game, and you check out out some of that on our Kickstarter.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, questions, and comments.

The EFFWORDS Team

Edited by hoost
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'm tired of the "party game for adults" angle. One or two party games is all a serious gamer needs, and none of them really need to try so hard to be crude to be enjoyable. The CAH thing is old after one play, but games like Balderdash, Wise-or-Otherwise, or Wits and Wagers endure as party games because they don't really lose their novelty.

These type of games are like the Weird Al song of the board gaming world (who I find brilliant as a musician myself; I'm not slamming him, and think he is tremendously talented) - the first time you hear it it's awesome, but the next you pretty much get the joke, and might as well be listening to the original.

That being said - good luck! I don't begrudge anyone else their success, and I'm sure this will entice a percentage of the populace interested in casual board games. 

Edited by pinkymadigan

Personally, I'm tired of the "party game for adults" angle. One or two party games is all a serious gamer needs, and none of them really need to try so hard to be crude to be enjoyable. The CAH thing is old after one play, but games like Balderdash, Wise-or-Otherwise, or Wits and Wagers endure as party games because they don't really lose their novelty.

These type of games are like the Weird Al song of the board gaming world (who I find brilliant as a musician myself; I'm not slamming him, and think he is tremendously talented) - the first time you hear it it's awesome, but the next you pretty much get the joke, and might as well be listening to the original.

That being said - good luck! I don't begrudge anyone else their success, and I'm sure this will entice a percentage of the populace interested in casual board games. 

Our goal with EFFWORDS is not to be as offensive and vulgar as Cards Against Humanity. We want cards that are edgy without being obnoxiously crude, and our hope is that this game allows for more creativity and fun than CAH. EFFWORDS is all giving players the freedom and creativity to make up your own words and assign the best definitions to those words. There are also lots of cards (called lucky cards) in the game that allow you to sabotage other players or mix up the rules. For example, one card requires players to make up their own definitions and announce those definitions out loud. 

We hope that our game gives people the power to shape the English language with their own unique words and definitions. Overall, we just want to create a game that's downright fun, humorous, and ridiculous. The playtesters who have tried our game all had a good laugh while playing, and we hope others will too!

Thanks for wishing us luck! We hope this is a success as well.

• Like 1