ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

So we all know that there will be new to KS or Reaper backers asking questions. Here is a small write up that I've come up with to help the ReaperPeeps answer in a timely manner. Feel free to use and add too, if adding please post here so that we all give the same info.

New Learn To Paint Bones Kits are in development, but they are beyond the scope of this project, and will be released through our normal channels, including retail and distribution

Pledge Calculator- https:ks.reapermini.com/bones3

The Pledge manager tool will help calculate shipping for international backers. --However, individuals are responsible for knowing their local import laws, to include customs and VAT fees, Reaper is not responsible for paying any customs or VAT fees. Please understand the potential costs before pledging for large amounts.

To adjust your pledge amount up, you must total up all the items you want and change your pledge amount to reflect that. The Pledge Calculator can assist with that. The Pledge Calculator will not charge any money now. Once the KS ends a few weeks later (about 3-5 weeks) the Pledge Calculator will become the Pledge Manager. At that time your KS pledge amount will become credit and you will have the option to add-on more.

We spaced out the first day goals slightly and then made the middle period goals closer together. It makes the middle 2 weeks easier to bear if the goals are smaller, since that time span has a smaller average pledges per day.—ie. Meaning that instead of waiting a day or two to hit a new goal, there should be one or two goals hit a day.

• Like 3

Humm. Are those goblins the ones Tre sold to Reaper last year?

According to the update, these are Bobby Jackson sculpts.

• Like 1

Do we know if the new copper triad is metallic or matte/NMM? They look matte, but they aren't labelled as such like the gold ones are.

Wren said they are regular (non-metallic) paint. Reaper makes the previews of metallics looks shiny.

Edited by FireElemental
  • Like 4

So we all know that there will be new to KS or Reaper backers asking questions. Here is a small write up that I've come up with to help the ReaperPeeps answer in a timely manner. Feel free to use and add too, if adding please post here so that we all give the same info.

• New Learn To Paint Bones Kits are in development, but they are beyond the scope of this project, and will be released through our normal channels, including retail and distribution

• Pledge Calculator- https://ks.reapermini.com/bones3

• The Pledge manager tool will help calculate shipping for international backers. --However, individuals are responsible for knowing their local import laws, to include customs and VAT fees, Reaper is not responsible for paying any customs or VAT fees. Please understand the potential costs before pledging for large amounts.

• To adjust your pledge amount up, you must total up all the items you want and change your pledge amount to reflect that. The Pledge Calculator can assist with that. The Pledge Calculator will not charge any money now. Once the KS ends a few weeks later (about 3-5 weeks) the Pledge Calculator will become the Pledge Manager. At that time your KS pledge amount will become credit and you will have the option to add-on more.

• We spaced out the first day goals slightly and then made the middle period goals closer together. It makes the middle 2 weeks easier to bear if the goals are smaller, since that time span has a smaller average pledges per day.—ie. Meaning that instead of waiting a day or two to hit a new goal, there should be one or two goals hit a day.

I'd fix it like thus, break it out so it's more legible. 

• Like 3

New Learn To Paint Bones Kits are in development, but they are beyond the scope of this project, and will be released through our normal channels, including retail and distribution

Pledge Calculator- https:ks.reapermini.com/bones3

The Pledge manager tool will help calculate shipping for international backers. --However, individuals are responsible for knowing their local import laws, to include customs and VAT fees, Reaper is not responsible for paying any customs or VAT fees. Please understand the potential costs before pledging for large amounts.

To adjust your pledge amount up, you must total up all the items you want and change your pledge amount to reflect that. The Pledge Calculator can assist with that. The Pledge Calculator will not charge any money now. Once the KS ends a few weeks later (about 3-5 weeks) the Pledge Calculator will become the Pledge Manager. At that time your KS pledge amount will become credit and you will have the option to add-on more.

We spaced out the first day goals slightly and then made the middle period goals closer together. It makes the middle 2 weeks easier to bear if the goals are smaller, since that time span has a smaller average pledges per day.—ie. Meaning that instead of waiting a day or two to hit a new goal, there should be one or two goals hit a day.

Dont forget:  Diabolus DOES have four legs.  One claw is just reaching up to slash a greedy adventurer who asked too many questions.  =)

• Like 3

Yes, it was the female giant in the second picture down here. Inside spoiler by Pegazus.

Ok, so I went to find more previews because I haven't been on here much until recently.

So the purple worm....dude....that needs to be put in there...That's not even a question.

and OMFG that thing is HUGE! (that's what tianot said)

• Like 1

So.  How's it going?

(I've been really busy this morning.)

• Like 5

I am impressed at the speed of the KS so far. I came in to Bones II pretty late in the game, with the extra $50 stretch sets already mostly unveiled and what-not. I'm excited to see what all is coming out, but I'm not chomping at the bit for anything yet the way I was for some of the latter Bones II stuff like DDS or Kanjira. Of course, that's likely to change in a few days, when the $ is way higher than it is now.

If I remember correctly DDS and Kanjira were like the last two days of Bones II.  We have a long way to go before we see pieces of that caliber I think....

Sure, I get that. I think part of my problem is, coming in as late as I did in Bones II, I have different expectations. Also, I'm not really feeling it for some of the stuff that's been stretched so far. I have a bunch of Warhammer Lizardfolk I haven't gotten around to painting yet because I haven't needed them, so extra lizardfolk aren't terribly appealing. I'd prefer large frost giants to huge ones, and I have plenty of warhammer goblins and orks, so I don't need those guys either. This is starting to feel less like something that I'll get much out of in the core. Obviously, my needs are drastically different from those of other players, and to each their own. I may just do this one a la carte when it comes to the pledge manager, especially since I can't really go over $200 without serious scoldings from the missus.

• Like 1

No translucent minis yet...

This is an outrage. That settles it; Bones 3 is nowhere near as good a deal as the first two. I'm dropping my pledge!

• Like 6

No translucent minis yet...

I'm guessing the fire sprite and/or the green slime on the map are for more translucents.  Hopefully.  Either way, we know they're coming.

• Like 1