ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

I wonder how many stretch goals we hit before Bryan gets the first update to post...

I'm stuck at processing, too. I understand if I don't get Wave 1, even though it still said it was available. But if I miss out on Wave 2 (or even 3 or 4) I'll be pretty bummed.

Agreed.  I was listed in the first 50 backers when I made my pledge. if they determine my wave by when the pledge gets processed, I'll be mightily peeved that KS bumped several thousand people ahead of me in line.

I'm hoping that it's just the backer number that gets bumped, not the wave number.

There's a reason there's 2065 people in wave 1, despite a listed 2k limit

• Like 2

Love the 8-bit graphics, kudos to whoever's idea that was. Excited about lizardmen. At least 1 sculpt looks different from the ones already out, yes? That Dragon looks fantastic.

• Like 1

Nice to see that rest of the world is being treated as second class citizens again with regards to postage. 

Nevertheless, pledge made...

You can't expect Reaper to eat the cost of international shipping. It'd be one thing if it was at all close to the cost of U.S. shipping but it is not.

Don't expect Reaper to meet the cost of international shipping at all. But US Shipping is free - i.e. subsidised by the campaign and receiving a discount from it and thus everyones contributions. ROW shipping is at cost. If US shipping was at cost, then all is fair. This is not the case so there's a lot of European people especially peed off at this. 

Don't pretend things are fair and equitable if they are demonstrably not. 

Nevertheless, Pledge made. Bring on that dragonny goodness...

US shipping is almost a flat cost compared to the exponential growth that overseas shipping sees.

Irrelevant. 

In fact, if the cost is really that flat, why aren't ROW backers given that same cost as a discount off the shipping? 

Just saying...

You are... it's built into the cost of everything else.

• Like 1

Okay, well at this point I'm just going to walk away from this for a bit, because I'm still getting the "your pledge is being processed" after almost 25 minutes, and I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do about it but wait and hope the stupid software figures it out. Wave I and Wave II ship within the same month, so what wave I get isn't really a huge deal. 

Have fun everyone, and best of luck Reaper. I hope in the end I actually get in the door and my pledge is counted. 

• Like 1

<<<MOD>>>

Please keep the offtopic and chatter off this thread. For now I'd suggest using the Randomness thread for that.

It's hard enough keeping up with this thread as it is.

Thank you.

-Darsc

• Like 2

I love the 8-bit graphics format of this one. Very well done, Reaper.

Oh yes.  I forgot to say that.

Now they just have to pretend they are steam and make that a real game for us to play during the pledging.  If 1000 people kill the boss on level 10, we reveal stretch goal 29. <crosses fingers>

• Like 4

I thought I was the same time zone as Texas but it's only 9:25 am here and the kickstarter's rolling. Pledged my $100 and am backer 1986 on wave 2. Now that's done I can relax and wait and see what opens up later.

Reaper is in U.S. Central time, which is UTC-6:00, however, like most of the U.S., they are currently in Daylight Saving time, which bumps them to UTC-5:00 (CDT)

• Like 1

Love the 8-bit graphics, kudos to whoever's idea that was. Excited about lizardmen. At least 1 sculpt looks different from the ones already out, yes? That Dragon looks fantastic.

I believe that two are Bones sculpts already and two are metal sculpts. I could be wrong though.

• Like 1

My pledge has been processing for 26 minutes now.

Mine also. This makes me sad :wow:

• Like 2

You guys think we will hit $300k before Bryan gets KS to load the first update?

Wave 3 since I went in for $1 to get addons as they get unlocked.

Edit: yes I downloaded google chrome, pledged then uninstalled chrome lest the IT peeps yell at me.

Edited by Bathory
  • Like 5

I believe that two are Bones sculpts already and two are metal sculpts. I could be wrong though.

The two on either end are currently available in bones, the middle two are the newer metal ones.