ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

weird I'm sure I remember seeing close to 10k backers but this morning it's 8600? That's a big gap to be my error... But was I hallucinating? So confused this morning.

• Like 1

Morning all,

I'm not able to haunt the KS page nearly as much as I was able to in the first and second editions.  However, it is really awesome to pop in when I do to see how well it is doing and top up my pledge.

Gotta love the weapons pack options!

• Like 4

Upped the pledge, Hope it will help to unlock Kyra soon and I do think something cool will come next..

• Like 2

Preview I found I Facebook:

10940425_814671721902625_660578644768494

This comment went with it: "Hi Folks, I’m very excited to announce Jake and I have been invited to create a special project which will be a part of the current Reaper Bones III Kickstarter. This will be a special 'guest spot' for a Victoria Miniatures piece, and will appear approximately half way through the campaign. This piece is being specifically designed with Bones in mind, it will be cast in grey PVC, not the usual Bones white. 

I assure you I have no intention (or the cash) at this point, to retool the entire range in PVC. This project is currently a one off, that will give me the experience of working on project for metal tooling, and will expose Vic Minis to a whole new audience. It will be a good learning exercise, and I look forward to hearing customer feedback. It gives Jake and I the chance to make a big plastic kit without the usual risk and expense. Best of all Bones will enable us to offer if for an insanely cheap price if purchased as part of the KS. It will also be available after the KS from Vic Minis, and we have lots of resin add ons already in the works. 

It’s still a work in progress so I'll be posting some more pics in the next few days. 

Cheers, V "

Ok, so I realize that the piucture is sci-fi/steampunk or whatever (I.E. not fantasy), but I'm kinda surprised no one has commented on this. Victoria Lamb does some awesome stuff!! I'm looking forward to seeing what she comes up with.

ETA--Glad to see we got ogres overnight, and the weapon sprue is a nice surprise!

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 5

I can't cover a core set at all, and the only way I'll get much is via the manager.

BTW, thanks Reaper for setting it up so people like me can spend incrementally on the manager... if indeed it works that way. Does it charge as you lock in, or wait and charge at the end? After the KS is over I mean?

Oh, I very much look forward to seeing Victoria Miniatures upcoming thingie whatsit.

Also very excited at the rumour Reaper is getting into hard plastics!!!

Edited by ladystorm
merged sequential posts
  • Like 2

I can't cover a core set at all, and the only way I'll get much is via the manager.

BTW, thanks Reaper for setting it up so people like me can spend incrementally on the manager... if indeed it works that way. Does it charge as you lock in, or wait and charge at the end? After the KS is over I mean?

I'm in a similar boat. I pledged for $100 and I can't add another nickle until after the campaign is over. Kickstarter will charge your card for whatever amount you pledged, right after the campaign ends. The pledge manager will let us add to our pledges right up until shipping is about to start. We can add whatever we want, whenever we can, up until that time. That means, one month we can add this and it should charge our card, the next week we can add that (another charge). A couple of months later we can add some more monstrosities (charge again). The only thing we won't be able to do is remove items from out pledges. It's a one way road. We can add, but unless something serious happens, we can't subtract. That's my understanding. Pretty sweet.

Edited by CorallineAlgae
  • Like 2

Victoria Miniatures in Bones?  Fantastic news.  She was wonderful to speak to at ReaperCon and is a talented artist.

I am not sure what the hard plastic rumours are about but it sounds very interesting.

• Like 1

Victoria Miniatures in Bones?  Fantastic news.  She was wonderful to speak to at ReaperCon and is a talented artist.

I am not sure what the hard plastic rumours are about but it sounds very interesting.

The next stretch goal is for a weapons Arsenal that will not be made of Bonesium. It'll be made of the same material as the hard bases (only a lighter grey color). That will make plastic weapons for swaps a lot less flaccid.

• Like 4

Apologies if this has been asked before, but were the bonus lizardmen in the core set specifically, or accidentally, excluded from being optional "extra copy" purchases?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but were the bonus lizardmen in the core set specifically, or accidentally, excluded from being optional "extra copy" purchases?

That's intentional. They add those minis as bonuses for people who pledge for the core set. Every core set gets one set of 24 bonus minis. That's the only way to get them in the kickstarter. 

• Like 3

That's intentional. They add those minis as bonuses for people who pledge for the core set. Every core set gets one set of 24 bonus minis. That's the only way to get them in the kickstarter. 

Thanks for the reply.  I was just wondering if it was an oversight, as those are the things I'd be most likely to double up on (I'm already pledged for a core).  

edit: Double up on (so far...)  :ph34r:

Edited by VitM
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply.  I was just wondering if it was an oversight, as those are the things I'd be most likely to double up on (I'm already pledged for a core).  

Also, aren't most/all of the bonus lizardmen already available at retail? 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering if it was an oversight, as those are the things I'd be most likely to double up on (I'm already pledged for a core).
edit: Double up on (so far...) :ph34r:

Not a problem. I'm excited about them, too. I can't think of a better bonus set Reaper could've thrown out, except for hobgoblins, and that would still be a tossup.

Only 2 of them are. The other 2 lizardmen and the giant insects aren't out in Bones yet. This will be their debut.

Edit: Izzylobo is right. The tick is an existing Savage Worlds insect. Edited by ladystorm
merged sequential posts
  • Like 2

Yes, they are - Reaper is recasting one metal Lizardman, and the centipedes are new (I think) - all the others are already available in Bonesium, as far as I know. 

(edit - okay, two lizard-dudes. I think the other bug is from Bones2 - the giant prairie tick thing, though). 

Edited by izzylobo
  • Like 2

Did anyone else notice that Ms. Bones seems to have lost a "life" in the arcade game? I wonder what, if anything, that indicates.

• Like 1