Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

Just thought of something:

Brain in a Jar cut it so all you have is just the legs

Add this figure

Aglanda 60136 (Pathfinder)

Either in trans blue or heck paint it in light blue colors

ala Darth Sidious via communication

:devil:  ^_^

Also would be nice to fill up the jar with a clear resin aka fluids. Ooooo so many ideas with that thing

• Like 6

Love the Behir, thanks Reaper! But I think I will skip this expansion, too pathfinder focused for my taste so far. Anyway, great expansion and really liked the themed / story based idea!

Working on an infobits summary, got two days worth to catch up on.  :wacko:

Taking a break right now; some of the more heated sections of the comments require some cool-down me time before I can continue.  :unsure:

But oh man, that Expansion. Literally every mini in it I ;wub;, with the Bahir getting extra hearts for being so AWESOME!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Hang in there OneBoot. The censor bar rules implemented by Kickstarter is likely to be brought up in comments periodically until the end. Add it to the list of other things like "double rewards?" and "ROW fair treatment" and "There aren't as many options now as at the end of the other campaigns." All we can do is acknowledge the conversation and stay positive while trying to be helpful.

• Like 2

Love the Behir, thanks Reaper! But I think I will skip this expansion, too pathfinder focused for my taste so far. Anyway, great expansion and really liked the themed / story based idea!

:huh::blink::unsure:
  • Like 6

Yah I was wondering that one myself. I thought more or less just a random D&D adventure myself.

• Like 4

The armadillo and the minotaur are sort of the weak models revealed here.  There are already lots of minotaur Bones figures.  And the armadillo seems too far fetched and wacky to seriously place on a table.  Has any tabletop publisher actually made stats for an armadillo lycanthrope?

TMNT and other strangeness,

Yah I was wondering that one myself. I thought more or less just a random D&D adventure myself.

I don't play pathfinder, so random goodness was my first thought as well.  But given the comments about stitch golems and whatever people are calling that mini-treant thingy, I'm assuming they correspond to specific monsters from pathfinder, but we just don't recognize them.

Edited by ApesAmongUs
  • Like 2

I know that all the large minotaurs are annoying when you want a minotaur pc ... But a minotaur should be large! Silly game balance.

I'm thinking of settings such as Dragonlance, where minotaurs are statted out as medium creatures. I'd still want them a bit bigger than a human, optimally, but not crossing that line where they take up a "large" space.

I don't play pathfinder, so random goodness was my first thought as well.  But given the comments about stitch golems and whatever people are calling that mini-treant thingy, I'm assuming they correspond to specific monsters from pathfinder, but we just don't recognize them.

Stitch Golems are just what Reaper called the not-Oogie-Boogie and his little friends. 

Twig Blights date back to D&D3e at least - they're basically miniature evil entlings. "Groot" is from Guardians of the Galaxy. 

The Brain in a Jar is a classic Horror/Skiffy trope - dating back to Burroughs, I think. There've been examples in various games - earliest in terms of D&D-alikes is almost certainly 3rd edition(ish)? - but I seem to recall at least non-mobile examples all the way back to Judges Guild products.

When they release Pathfinder-specific minis, they will definitely be called out as such - that's always been the case with all of the various licensed miniatures. 

Edited by izzylobo
  • Like 4

The twig fellow is a saproling, which Reaper has had around since at least 2008 (I'm too lazy to check my earlier Warlord stuff.)

• Like 1

I'm really curious what the next two sections of that expansion set will reveal. The alchemist and the druid mentioned in the little fluff bit of the announcement I'm guessing are both in the third section.

• Like 3

I love the werearmadillo. I am just sad that I can't buy him seperately. But really, reaper had me at Behir. And I have been wishing for gremlin minis for AGES. They are such a cool monster. I wish I could get multiples without getting multiples of the expansion but I wil survive. 

Personally I am drowning in minotaurs so I don't need anymore, and I have about 8 bears but they're cool so that's fine. Everything else in that set has a lot of potential use for me as a DM so I am stoked.

Also I don't see how bears and minotaurs and behirs are pathfinder focussed... lol...

Edited by cycnet
  • Like 3

Stitch Golems are just what Reaper called the not-Oogie-Boogie and his little friends. 

Twig Blights date back to D&D3e at least - they're basically miniature evil entlings. "Groot" is from Guardians of the Galaxy. 

The Brain in a Jar is a classic Horror/Skiffy trope - dating back to Burroughs, I think. There've been examples in various games - earliest in terms of D&D-alikes is almost certainly 3rd edition(ish)? - but I seem to recall at least non-mobile examples all the way back to Judges Guild products.

When they release Pathfinder-specific minis, they will definitely be called out as such - that's always been the case with all of the various licensed miniatures. 

Sorry guys, just assumed these gremlings, stitch golems, brain in jar (this one I know is from Pathfinder) and were-armadillo (someone in the comments told there is a specific rule in Pathfinder for them) were from pathfinder. I know they are not from D&D 5th edition and 3.5 core MM (didn't like the extra d20 stuff). On the other hand, I expect to see more blights so I can buy them at retail. But I'm not actually complaining, anything that people enjoy and help increase their pledges is fine for me!

• Like 2

You do know that brain in a jar was put out as a dungeons and dragons mini in the Lords of Madness set don't you? It's not strictly pathfinder... 

:)

• Like 2