Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

ladystorm

Working on an infobits summary, got two days worth to catch up on.  :wacko:

Taking a break right now; some of the more heated sections of the comments require some cool-down me time before I can continue.  :unsure:

But oh man, that Expansion. Literally every mini in it I ;wub;, with the Bahir getting extra hearts for being so AWESOME!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

You know One Boot, you can skip all that extraneous chatter. Click on Reaper's creator logo and go to their full profile page. From their click on comments and you'll see all of creator Reaper's comments. For those comments that are info bits, click on the hyperlinked date in the comment. It'll take you directly to the comment in the comments section. And from there is usually within 10 comments below to see the original question. And the same can be done for any backer, click on their name and it'll take you to their profile page where you can are what they backed and all of their comments. For Reaper folks like Ron, bookmark their profile page; not every backer can be found by searching their backer name.
  • Like 5

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just finished painting Ursula on her bear from Bones II, and realizing there's a pewter version of her, I'm glad that a dire bear mini is coming out, so I can represent that awesome dwarf both mounted and unmounted with her bear by her side.

this... is an amazing idea.

• Like 2

Numbers Based on 1900-2000 Reaper time today:

Total Gain Today - $60,782

Total to Next Goal - $14,000

New Backers This Hour - 5

Gain in last Hour - $4,239

Current Average Pledge - $119.07

Average Hourly Pledges Today - $3,039

Average Hourly Backers Today - 5.3

Hours to next goal based on Hourly Avg - 3.3

Hours to next goal based on Daily Avg - 4.6

I think we are looking at a goal before midnight Reaper Time.

Edited by Talae
  • Like 2

You do know that brain in a jar was put out as a dungeons and dragons mini in the Lords of Madness set don't you? It's not strictly pathfinder... 

:)

I didn't. I just look at my 5th ediiton MM (or 3.5 core MM I) and try to find the miniature there. I will surely get the behir, direbear, blight and you guys just convinced me to get the brain in jar (it's a cool figure, even if it doesn't see play). Maybe if they throw some more epic stuff, I will up my pledge to get this expansion.

• Like 5

Numbers Based on 2000-2100 Reaper time today:

Total Gain Today - $64,803

Total to Next Goal - $9,979

New Backers This Hour - 15

Gain in last Hour - $4,021

Current Average Pledge - $119.45

Average Hourly Pledges Today - $3,086

Average Hourly Backers Today - 5.8

Hours to next goal based on Hourly Avg - 2.5

Hours to next goal based on Daily Avg - 3.2

Current Total Pledges $1,150,021

Current Total Backers 9609

Previous Hour Total Pledges $1,146,000

Previous Hour Total Backers 9594

I'm unsure about the expansion pack. 

brain-in-jar, plant guy and dire bear are all good. 

I don't need  stitch golems, Sophie's Mom, or yet another Minotaur. 

The Behir and Were-texan are cool but would never see play and probably not paint. 

- I will see what comes next... 

The weapon packs and demi-human town folk are awesome.  Core rocks! 

- waiting on 2" bases .. 

The undying are on my bubble, just ahead of crusaders and behind extra-lycanthropes. 

New giants and Bonehenge are must haves.

but I'm not feeling it for the dragons - I indulged in a lot (5) dragons in Bones 2 and have only painted one. 

Except for the temple dragon ... and Tianot   maybe a few more dragons wont hurt my collection. 

Do I hear an elephant yet? 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 2

No use for a behir? It is a solid mid-level encounter. I guess to each their own.

At least it doesn't look like this guy: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/behir.htm

MM35_PG25.jpg

When everyone was rumoring there was going to be a behir announced I google image searched it (not as familiar as my spouse or others with D&D monsters) and see something like this guy and thought he looked ridiculous. But I really like the one in the expansion.

I am looking at the were-madillo and wondering if I could chop him up to make him just a normal armadillo. I think it's possible. I love pretty much everything else in that expansion.

• Like 3

I judge it more by whether I will use enough of the figures to make the expansion meaningful.  The behir is great, as is the saproling (wood fellow), and the minotaur might be useful.  The rest?  They're great miniatures, but I'm not playing anything that would benefit from them (plus I have eight bears already.)  That makes it $50 for two or three miniatures (plus some stuff to put in the 'maybe someday' box.)  At that point, it actually becomes smarter for me to wait until they're released and buy them elsewhere (besides, I'd want a half dozen of the saprolings.)  Of course, the next couple of addons may change that.

That isn't to say that the expansion isn't great, it just doesn't have enough pieces I'd actually use to be great for me, at least compared to spending $50 on options (if I had a spare $50!)

Edited by Blackhawk
  • Like 5

I was texting with Chaosscorpion earlier and though I can find some miniatures that I might not otherwise want for myself, creatures like the were-armadillo and so forth make excellent and affordable toys for my son who loves any and all spare miniatures I throw his way.

There is a use for every figure, pass along the goodness if it isn't your cup of tea!

• Like 10

2 - Will the expansions be available as extra options the way the core set is (IE - buy just the orcs, just the Chill Out, etc)?

Not if they are run like Bones II, the expansions formed $50 paywalls if you just want one fig out of them. IMHO this expansion is still all over the place; Behir, demon hoor, grizzly, Reaper Brayn, bagmen, etc don't feel very connected other than being monsters.

I love that succubus figure. (And I'd love her even more in metal) Too bad she's bundled with 10+ other figures I really don't want or need.  I was going to buy, like, 4 of her.   :down:

I feel the same way about the behir! Those scales are fantastic

• Like 1

Sorry guys, just assumed these gremlings, stitch golems, brain in jar (this one I know is from Pathfinder) and were-armadillo (someone in the comments told there is a specific rule in Pathfinder for them) were from pathfinder. I know they are not from D&D 5th edition and 3.5 core MM (didn't like the extra d20 stuff). On the other hand, I expect to see more blights so I can buy them at retail. But I'm not actually complaining, anything that people enjoy and help increase their pledges is fine for me!

Sorry if this seems like I'm piling on but most of these are actually AD&D monsters or monsters from 3.5. The gremlins are the most Pathfinder monster, though I'm not sure which specific pathfinder gremlin they're supposed to be (there are like seven different gremlins in PF). The stitch golems have no analog from Pathfinder, but seem to be either based on Oogie Boogie or the AD&D Ravenloft doll golems. The armadillo is weird and seems like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles monster. Then the blights are from the very first premade adventure for 3.0 D&D, the Sunless Citadel.

• Like 2