Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

The previous 2 Bones KS have really eased my painting stress. I have a very short attention span and having a pile of figs to grab one out of and paint at my whimsy has been a godsend. I haven't regretted backing a single fig, only the ones I skipped.

• Like 6

Speaking of adding wings to gremlins, could we get a bones Wings sprue??

Yes to wings sprue!

And maybe one with a couple capes, and also one with a big scabbard, a big quiver, a secured shield...

Edited by gothikaiju
  • Like 4

Ooh! Wings! Yes! All the wings! Bat wings, feather wings, fairy (butter- dragonfly) wings! I might actually be able to get those on magnets and not have them fall off and giggle at me. *glares at metal wings that are too heavy*

.. um. Anyway. Yes. Wings! Ooh. Skeletal wings!

Sorry. I got up too early, and I'm not sure if I'm wired or I'm half awake. And I have Primal Wyverns on the brain (thanks, whoever you are that mentioned 'so and so could hint at something that starts with the letter P' - now I'm trying to figure out what the heck a primal wyvern would even look like).

Um. What would I use all the goodies in Stoneskull for? Dude. All the summons. Even when my party isn't going all 'Release the BEARS!' on me, it's not like my bad guys can't pull one of those. So, I will probably be picking up more dire bears, and maybe another Behir, depending how much a pain he is to paint the first time. I can justify that for just about everything but the brain-in-a-jar, and that.. heh. Either super-creepy scenery, or some kind of horrible mind-bending BBEG. I'm a GM, dangit! Gimme a mini, I /will/ find a use for it!

• Like 6

Speaking for myself, I will be shocked if I use the Behir in some kind of games as much as twice in the next decade. On the other hand, I think it looks like a beautiful sculpt that I would very much enjoy painting. When (if) I get around to it, I plan to get my fun out of the process, and if it manages to make an appearance on a D&D or Pathfinder table, hey, bonus for me!

I'm getting one for me and one for my wife. Time will tell whether I back Expansion Pack 1 twice or find some way to wait for it to retail.

• Like 2

Thanks for the answers guys. I have to admit, that with the pages on pages of bickering about shipping I was really concerned there were a lot of curmudgeonly old folk in here. These answers have shown that you're all just very enthusiastic about the products.

For now, I will stick to my $200 pledge. If finances allow, I will definitely pick up Expansion 1 on top of a double core. But really, as early as it is in the KS still, it is hard to say what my final purchase will be. There's still plenty to unlock!

I'm thinking that if I do get the Expansion 1, that when my players fight the Stitch Golem and 'kill' him, he breaks into the two smaller ones. "SURPRISE, I BET YOU DIDN'T THINK I HAD TWO SMALLER VERSIONS OF THIS MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

YASSSSSSSS. I like you. We will keep you!

Also, we are awesome and nice. The comments... less so. Is scurry there, stay here and be loved!

• Like 10

I'm thinking that if I do get the Expansion 1, that when my players fight the Stitch Golem and 'kill' him, he breaks into the two smaller ones. "SURPRISE, I BET YOU DIDN'T THINK I HAD TWO SMALLER VERSIONS OF THIS MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Nice idea.

Regardless of what you choose, I do not think you will be disappointed. Reaper does a good job.

For what it's worth, in 30+ years of gaming, I think I have encountered a Behir twice. I still want one. :upside:

• Like 5

When Bones II was live, I was in almost the same situation you are now, Canadutchian. I had just started Pathfinder (RPG) again with my family and had almost no minis. I went in for the core set and did not get the expansions ... and to this day, I regret not getting Expansion I. Due to money not being produced in my house, I have not (yet) added the expansion in this Kicktarter ... but I'm thinking about it.

Behir: Dragon-type - always useful as an end boss or just to scare the players

Minotaur: same as above

Stitch Golems: same as above (plus your idea;) )

Bear: always useful

plus all the things that will be added ... I don't doubt it will be worth the money.

• Like 3

Is this the right thread for mini requests? I ask because my post about bard instruments disappeared. Maybe it was assumed to be a joke. Try finding a tiefling bard mini and you'll understand!  ::D:

I'll post my full wishlist... just in case  ::P:

Bards of different races

Bard instrument/magical implements sprue

Warforged PCs

Druids

Tiefling PCs

Dragonborn PCs

Hobgobogeddon

Bones dice tower

• Like 2

Thanks for the answers guys. I have to admit, that with the pages on pages of bickering about shipping I was really concerned there were a lot of curmudgeonly old folk in here. These answers have shown that you're all just very enthusiastic about the products.

For now, I will stick to my $200 pledge. If finances allow, I will definitely pick up Expansion 1 on top of a double core. But really, as early as it is in the KS still, it is hard to say what my final purchase will be. There's still plenty to unlock!

YASSSSSSSS. I like you. We will keep you!

Also, we are awesome and nice. The comments... less so. Is scurry there, stay here and be loved!

Agreed.

RE: Brain-in-a-Jar---Not pathfinder at all. There was a BBEG introduced in a 2nd ed Ravenloft product that was a Brain-in-a-Jar. I don't remember the title right now, but I've got it stashed away in a closet somewhere.

• Like 1

Numbers Based on 1200-1300 Reaper time today:
Total Gain Today - $18,982
Total to Next Goal - $2,173
New Backers This Hour - 4
Gain in last Hour - $1,882
Current Average Pledge - $123.85
Average Hourly Pledges Today - $1,460
Average Hourly Backers Today - 3.5
Hours to next goal based on Hourly Avg - 1.2
Hours to next goal based on Daily Avg - 1.5

Current Total Pledges $1,217,827
Current Total Backers 9822
Previous Hour Total Pledges $1,215,945
Previous Hour Total Backers 9818

• Like 4

Is this the right thread for mini requests? I ask because my post about bard instruments disappeared. Maybe it was assumed to be a joke. Try finding a tiefling bard mini and you'll understand!  ::D:

I'll post my full wishlist... just in case  ::P:

Bards of different races

Bard instrument/magical implements sprue

Warforged PCs

Druids

Tiefling PCs

Dragonborn PCs

Hobgobogeddon

Bones dice tower

Currently, yes you can put it here.

For a more permanent place, try here:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/50125-bones-youd-like-to-see-thread-2/

The nice thing about that thread is that Reaper reads it; there are figures in this KS that have been requested in that thread.

Example: the non-human skeletal undead in 'Undying Lords'.

• Like 4

I have to admit, that with the pages on pages of bickering about shipping I was really concerned there were a lot of curmudgeonly old folk in here.

Hey just because we are sometimes nice and helpful does not mean we aren't old and curmudgeonly.

• Like 3

We're less than $2k from Stoneskull. Somebody go find a bunch of friends and make them pledge!

I needs a dragon-serpent and an Evil Brain in a  Jar!

• Like 2

Hey now, how do you know it's an evil brain in a jar?

So looking forward to seeing what's in the 5 minute long video... Can I sneak it while at work? I'm gonna try....

• Like 3