Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

OK There it is, and I have to say, im still on the fence over the Mythos expansion.  I do like the Ogre command though.

The first four fishy smelling minis interest me, but the reaper gug isn't my cup of tea. Too blatantly freudian and awfully short for a gug. Subtlety can go a long way. Only thing this one seems to be missing to be as unsubtle as possible is a button nose.

Migo look interesting, though their wings look kinda thick. CAV scale shoggoth looks cool too.

The Female ogre reminds me of a certain Jim Henson puppet.

EDIT: This puppet http://darkcrystal.wikia.com/wiki/Aughra

Edited by scorpio616
  • Like 3

I was already backing the Mythos expansion, this stuff being added just sweetens the deal nicely.

Ogre command = awesome!

• Like 2

Well this is a fine how do you do. 

Reaper is making it harder for me not to pledge for both expansions, So nice job.

Unfortunately would bring me almost to the edge of my budget, and I would lose the add-on options.

The cultists and deep ones are the most tempting, but I think I can save money picking them up retail. 

- the next level may may require another SAN check.

As others have mentioned this expansion + black goat, practically writes its own campaign.

• Like 6

Sadly..the reality is that the cost of Tiamat might totally make me dump the Mythos expansion and a few other options depending on the number of copies of Tiamat I can afford.

• Like 3

I really like how different sculptors and artists interpret the mythos. Writers usually only alluded to how the monsters look, despite a seeming standardization of their appearance. I find it interesting when an artist or sculptor suggests a very different look for a well-known monster.

And when a miniature painter decides to mod it! : http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=56731.0

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 4

The Mythos Expansion is uniquely awesome. All those horror aliens are chomping to eat people and then spawn more horror aliens!

I don't know which are more enticing in the Ogre Command - the little goblin buggers or the ogre chieftans. I'm going with those crazy goblins, they look like they are having fun.

Edited by Canuck
  • Like 2

I've decided to up my pledge to JUST under what I spent last time.

right now I have leeway for about 10$, though I may adjust that a little bit.

I decided to get an extra set of goblins- so 2- (I only have Hearthstone redcaps) that gives me at least a few to throw out there (along with the standard and drums from Ogre Command)... to be fortified by kobolds etc by expansion 2 if I need a lot.

They're making it harder and harder for me . . . to actually get this expansion just for the cultists and altar. Lololol, I am just not a Mythos person.

Love how dat $ keep climbing, though.

• Like 2

Numbers Based on 0900-1000 Reaper time today: 
Total Gain Today - $20,947 
Total Gain 24 Hours $77,132 
Total to Next Goal - $41,364 
New Backers This Hour - 10 
Gain in last Hour - $5,786 
Current Average Pledge - $135.45 
Average Hourly Backers Today - 5.4 
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours - 7.9 
Average Hourly Pledges Today - $2,095 
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours - $3,214 
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour - 7.1 
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg - 12.9 

Current Total Pledges $1,408,636 
Current Total Backers 10367 
Previous Hour Total Pledges $1,402,850 
Previous Hour Total Backers 10357

• Like 1

Mythos I like, but not enough to pledge for it. The cultists kinda remind me of some of the TGG 2 KS stuff, which I backed, so I am all set on creepy elflike chicks. We like Lovecraft in this house, but I may wait retail just to get a few pieces.

The ogre command is so freaking adorable! My nephews love ogres, so I am gonna have to add $10 to my pledge for that. The female does kinda have an Augrah feel (from Dark Crystal) to her. 

• Like 1

The mythos monsters are the figures I would use for demons in a fantasy game. Most "demon" minis are closer to what I think of as devils. I'll probably never play a mythos game and I love that expansion.

• Like 2

I'm sure it's already been discussed, but for the newbie like me who blew this month's gaming budget on some minis and a pledge (plus a little more), how long can I add money after the Kickstarter is over? Because yeah. This is fun. :)

• Like 3

As of right now the only answer we've gotten is "till we tell you the boat is on the water". What that means in practical terms is around eight or nine months, best guess.

Edited by FaekiasDracon
  • Like 5