Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

The people getting hung up are folks that tried to pledge in the first minutes of the KS going live, when the servers were getting pounded so hard, Reaper couldn't even update their stuff.

• Like 3

I dunno if Gene thought of the Chainmail Bikini Mouseling himself, or if he took my suggestion. But bless him for doin' it, and Ron and company for approvin' it...

• Like 6

I'm not expecting Reaper to comment on the timeout thing -- it's completely a KS thing. 

I was posting and reading here to get suggestions from the hive mind that may have encountered similar problems and offer a solution.  Which is what happened.

I'm worried this one won't back. I'm just not sure there is enough interest in more bones.

By "backed" do you mean will it actually happen? Cause it's funded like... 14 times the base goal. It's happening!

The people getting hung up are folks that tried to pledge in the first minutes of the KS going live, when the servers were getting pounded so hard, Reaper couldn't even update their stuff.

Yea I was on the page at 8am and had my pledge done within the first 3 minutes with no issue....

I made an account just to say this: first time backing any KS whatsoever and I am not disappointed. I am so excited, I refresh every time I get a chance (I work contracted IT, so I am on site at clients pretty much all day).

Let's do that F5 thing again and see if we have the paints yet!

• Like 5

Looking at the game map, anyone else notice Player Two is now in play and that several items have been gathered on the bottom of the screen?

Really wondering the significance behind these items: Two potions, sword, book, lantern.

And hooray for (eventually) unlocking new paints. A shadow/base/highlight NMM gold, metallics, liners and washes.

Looks like the "Player 2" score is the difference between the last stretch goal and the next one. Not sure about the potions and such.

• Like 2

I'm worried this one won't back. I'm just not sure there is enough interest in more bones.

Agreed.  It looks like this one may come down to the wire.  Fingers crossed, lads!

• Like 4

Yea I was on the page at 8am and had my pledge done within the first 3 minutes with no issue....

That's how things work in computing. Some requests get through, others sit and spin and wait until there is less traffic. Many got through, many others did not until things slowed down.

• Like 1

I went through my history and found the page that asked me if I wanted to pay x amount with this credit card and I clicked pledge again and it ended up processing just fine I am now a backer in wave 1.  I dont know if this was just fortunate timing or if what I did had something to do with it!

Thank you Crimson, I just did this and it finally processed.  ::):

Started a new topic so it does not get lost.

For those stuck in the pledge processing purgatory nightmare.

Go to your history and go back to where you had to confirm payment. Reconfirm payment and your pledge will go through. I was processing for over an hour. It holds your spot so as soon as you resubmit payment that way you will be in the original wave you pledged.

• Like 5

By "backed" do you mean will it actually happen? Cause it's funded like... 14 times the base goal. It's happening!

Hah, biggest whiff on internet sarcasm since I called the races in Lord of the Rings Online, "derivative and boring"  then got lectured on the history of fantasy literature.  Haha.

At least I'm assuming...

• Like 3

I have posted a thread about the pledge processing issue. Your spot in line when you pledged is held. It seems to have already counted you as a pledge but won't take you through any farther. Once you resubmit payment via the history work around you will be in the spot you pledged originally. DO NOT PLEDGE FROM ANOTHER ACCOUNT! this will cause the KS funding price to rise only to fall again when cancel you pledge. Your first pledge is already counted it's just in limbo until you do the history work around.

• Like 3