Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

ladystorm

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true FireElemental. And its good to see that the Mythos expansion is appreciated by people. I am more clockwork and steamy robot goodness to Star beast/madness but its good to see there is something for everyone.

Edited by Smokestack

Could we have a pic with sir Forscale and the sphinx and manticore. I would like to evaluate how big they are. 

+1 for Sir Forscale. He's was missing and had to be added into so many of the early reveals. I thought by this point he would be in all of the larger monster pics. He's a servant of the people. 

We can't add him t the pic if we built the art from a photograph of the green, whereas we can add it if we have the model already. We include wherever possible but sometimes we just can't at the same time as when we post the model.

Time to mail out SirForscales to every Reaper sculptor!

I have one, but the camel was still up on it's pins and I couldn't get Sir Forscale in the shot.

A great finish to the Mythos expansion, in my opinion.  I'm probably going to skip it for now simply because I have to stop somewhere, but I can totally see getting a number of the investigators at retail!

Edit: Oh, yeah -- yay camel!  And the pack is removable?  Even cooler!

The pack is removable, unless there are casting issues that require it to not be, which is always possible.  I've done it as one piece that custom fits to the camel's back, and the camel's hair is fully sculpted under it.

I'm glad you guys like it.

• Like 22

While I like the Mythos expansion, I don't think I can justify buying just for the few (alter, cultists, Glug, and now Camel) pieces that I want.  The others aren't a good fit for my games.  I think I'll hold off on that expansion.  Hopefully expansion 3 (if there is one), will garner my interest. 

• Like 1

Could we have a pic with sir Forscale and the sphinx and manticore. I would like to evaluate how big they are. 

+1 for Sir Forscale. He's was missing and had to be added into so many of the early reveals. I thought by this point he would be in all of the larger monster pics. He's a servant of the people. 

We can't add him t the pic if we built the art from a photograph of the green, whereas we can add it if we have the model already. We include wherever possible but sometimes we just can't at the same time as when we post the model.

Time to mail out SirForscales to every Reaper sculptor!

I have one, but the camel was still up on it's pins and I couldn't get Sir Forscale in the shot.

A great finish to the Mythos expansion, in my opinion.  I'm probably going to skip it for now simply because I have to stop somewhere, but I can totally see getting a number of the investigators at retail!

Edit: Oh, yeah -- yay camel!  And the pack is removable?  Even cooler!

The pack is removable, unless there are casting issues that require it to not be, which is always possible.  I've done it as one piece that custom fits to the camel's back, and the camel's hair is fully sculpted under it.

I'm glad you guys like it.

i will deinitely have to get a few camels!

dwarf greens

DwarfGreens_zpsvdg43fae.png

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 7

I picked up Cthulhu Wars and will be in for the upcoming Onslaught 2, but, afaik, neither will offer investigator miniatures. So part III is welcome, because I can use the mini's for Eldritch Horror and Arkham Horror. The statue and obelisk should be useful as Doom and First Player markers!

• Like 1

Numbers Based on 2100-2200 Reaper time today:

Total Gain Today - $59,020

Total Gain 24 Hours $70,420

Total to Next Goal - $63,965

New Backers This Hour - 10

Gain in last Hour - $5,978

Current Average Pledge - $146.64

Average Hourly Backers Today - 6.5

Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours - 7.0

Average Hourly Pledges Today - $2,683

Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours - $2,934

Hours to next goal based on gains this hour - 10.7

Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg - 21.8

Current Total Pledges $1,586,035

Current Total Backers 10785

Previous Hour Total Pledges $1,580,057

Previous Hour Total Backers 10775

Edited by Talae
  • Like 2

How does the camel scale compared to a Bones barbarian?

Is it punchable?

Not sure? :huh:  It is 47mm to the top of the head without the base (I still have to add a base, ran out of time last night).  I scaled it based on real people standing next to camels and used Reaper's 32mm human standard accordingly

Yes, the camel is a female, but I'm not sure she's a lady.  Do ladies spit?

• Like 11

How does the camel scale compared to a Bones barbarian?

Is it punchable?

Not sure? :huh:  It is 47mm to the top of the head without the base (I still have to add a base, ran out of time last night).  I scaled it based on real people standing next to camels and used Reaper's 32mm human standard accordingly

Yes, the camel is a female, but I'm not sure she's a lady.  Do ladies spit?

Very happy with seeing the camel and especially with a removable pack! ::D:

• Like 5

I dropped the Mythos expansion but I LOVE that they put in my childhood hero, Winston Churchill. So awesome!  ::D:

Edit: Ron just said that he's actually John Houseman. That's probably a better choice for an investigator anyway. 

Edited by CorallineAlgae
  • Like 2

I have a quick question about the scaling on the Pathfinder II figures....

Is that a properly scaled 1/58 (28mm) red mantis figure.. or is it..

A good 1/1 scale AntMan figure?

Pathfinder figures are scaled the same as regular Reaper figures.

Note the Bryangles on the side for measurement.

60049_w_1.jpg

• Like 4