Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

ladystorm

Are you still going to allow people to join up via paypal through email?

I tried to email Reaper Projects but no response yet. Do I need to send an email to Kit or Ed instead?

Through email? That doesn't sound right.

I know we let people join the project after the Kickstarter Ends through our Pledge Manager AFTER we convert it over. It will be several weeks before that occurs.

I don't know what email you are using, try [email protected]

Maybe I should have said through Paypal, as Kickstarter doesn't support it (unless that has changed).

Okay, I guess I'll just be patient and wait until it ends. I guess I just worry about needing to get my foot in the door to avoid a price increase like with Bones 1.

I got the same deal with Bones 2, but I don't remember if latecomers had to pay more or not.

I guess I'll just be patient and see what happens. :)

I wish I had saved up some money for this. I'll probably just be getting a few options... so many neat things I want though. :D

If you pledge a $1 you can go back in later and get the KS prices, that's what I've done.

What I didn't do was check to see if this got answered in the two pages between where it was posted and where my quote is. :B):

• Like 1

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great points!  I saw the reveal last night and thought "cool!  Those are great!" and I wake up this morning and apparently somebody somewhere is disappointed. 

One of the things I like about what Reaper are doing is that they are expanding their Bones line, not just giving people a cheap Kickstarter deal, and so they are choosing the miniatures with a good, diverse Bones collection in mind.  Of course they want to offer some amazing 1920s investigators!

I'm surprised that this seems to get forgotten when something doesn't appeal to somebody.  Gee whiz!  Do you really expect every single miniature in a set to be exactly what you would cherry pick?  I don't.

Anyway, the Mythos set is well-rounded and a great addition.  I was thrilled to see it come together and I consider it a master stroke on Reaper's part.  It surprised me and got me excited.

Unfortunately, everybody has different tastes, and is looking for something different.  I've seen several people who (for example) were not interested in the Mythos expansion because they don't care that much about the monsters, but the investigators convinced them to pledge for it.  Like I said, the investigators are not for me, but I'm not going to begrudge anybody who is excited about them.  I hope that you don't think that I'm upset with Reaper because I'm not interested in a chunk of one of the expansions.  Their past and current success completely shows that they know what they're doing.

Personally, I'm thrilled that Reaper is expanding their line with new miniatures as well as converting the old ones.  There's no way that I'd ever be willing to get as involved in miniatures as I have without them producing the miniatures in Bones, and these kickstarters have introduced me to some fantastic older sculpts that I'd never even seen before.

I am glad that there are people who are happy for this expansion set as it helps all of us with reaching the stretch goals etc.  And the figures are awesome, great sculpts, not taking anything away from the artists. Like many about the only thing in that set that I might want are the cultists and the alter, which I can wait for retail to get.

And the Reaper Peeps are doing another fantastic job with this Kickstarter, and my anticipation is building as we continue to approach the end. There have been so many great reveals which is why I was a little underwhelmed by the evil weapons.

I am so looking forward to the Dwarf King Set though along with so many other minis.  Its going to be a long wait until next August/sept/oct or whenever they finally ship.... maybe they will get here before my birthday in Novemebr and it will be like a birthday present....

• Like 3

Core is currently at 123minis (w/o the weapons or bases) – 81 cents per mini. 

- Most Smaller minis go for: $1.99 - $2.29 (60% - 65% off) ~22 smaller minis so far in core 

- Most medium sized character minis go for $2.29 - $2.79 (65%-71% discount) 75 currently

- Most Large minis go for: $3.29 - $6.99 (75%-89% discount) ~ 22 ≥Large minis in core 

- 25 one inch bases are $4.99, x2 (we get ~50) is $9.98 which people are getting for free 

- 10 two inch bases are $4.99 x2 (we get ~20) is $9.98 again for free. 

- The weapon sprues in metal cost ~$8.99 (but guessing from the familiars and rats would be Between $1.99 - $3.99 in Bones) again, x3 ($6-$12) for free. 

Remember in metal all these things would be more expensive. For example the pathfinder troll is $15.99 alone in metal. Actually the Pathfinder II addition is $43.95 in metal, and would likely be at least $15.15 at retail in Bones. All yours for  ~$4.

- And when Wild West Oz unlocks: 129 minis – 77 cents a mini

But each person needs to find their own value in this. :)

Way to add perspective! ::):   The thing that really convinced me of the value of the Core is that the 3 Ogres alone in metal cost $60. Add in the giant cobra ($14), 1 Yeti Warrior ($20), and Foo Dog ($10); and you are well over the cost of the core for just those six minis.

I was looking for something the other night and I ran across one of the miniatures from Stoneskull and it was like $14 dollars in metal, one of the stitch golems I think. So, the maths add up pretty quickly on these, particularly for the giants, dragons, and other monsters. I'm not smart like ReaperBryan, but I bet some of these dragons in metal would cost a significant chunk of change.

Edited:

Ok so the 3 stitch Golems would run you just under $30 in metal, and there are a ton of other things in the Stoneskull expansion. Math so blatant that even I understand it.

That truly is impressive.  ::P:

• Like 4

I can completely understand people being disappointed about the final level of the Mythos expansion - I'm not, because I can think of half a dozen uses for those figures.  What I find amusing is the number of people on the Kickstarter comments and other forums claiming that Reaper doesn't know what they're doing, and suggesting alternatives.

Great points!  I saw the reveal last night and thought "cool!  Those are great!" and I wake up this morning and apparently somebody somewhere is disappointed.

I'm surprised that this seems to get forgotten when something doesn't appeal to somebody.  Gee whiz!  Do you really expect every single miniature in a set to be exactly what you would cherry pick?  I don't.

I think as long as they aren't ridiculously critical,  "expressing disappointment" in the selection is useful for Reaper peeps. I mean when they have choices about what to reveal next, how are they going to be able to do that unless they have some sense of what people want. It's easy to cross the line of appropriate on teh webz, though, even when not intended.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I'm interested in this time around - not everything, but enough to want the expansions and a few extras - despite planning on maxing 100$ less than I'm at now, with room to grow.

One thing that disappoints me about the move to next goal reveals, is that if you hit a stretch where you just aren't interested in anything, it can take quite a while to see something new that you might want. As soon as I see something I want (as long as I'm not still under my pledged amount), then I've been upping my pledge.

With timing being an issue, and me not wanting to do stuff from work/phone, there's no incentive for me to pay first and worry about reducing if nothing shows that I want. I don't know if I'm in enough of a minority for that to matter, so FYI, guys.

I hope people (who can afford to), who have just pledged a minimum, start throwing in all the $ to unlock a few things more quickly. I wonder if anyone is holding back at this point who doesn't feel they have to. I hope not.

• Like 7

One thing that disappoints me about the move to next goal reveals, is that if you hit a stretch where you just aren't interested in anything, it can take quite a while to see something new that you might want. As soon as I see something I want (as long as I'm not still under my pledged amount), then I've been upping my pledge.

With timing being an issue, and me not wanting to do stuff from work/phone, there's no incentive for me to pay first and worry about reducing if nothing shows that I want. I don't know if I'm in enough of a minority for that to matter, so FYI, guys.

This is exactly what I wanted to convey..  No Knocking Reaper or anyone that wants these goals. this is still awesome and I am having a good time being part of my first Bones Kickstarter. Looking forward to more awesome rewards.
  • Like 2

only thing i want so far is shub nigurath (or however you spell it) so i did $15. i also don't want to remove after. Hopefully won't miss any last minute stuff they show on saturday.

Spent over 1000 on 2 things in july so wife won't be happy if this gets expensive :(  Just want the big stuff; none of the core sets.

Sanjay

I enjoy the conversation here and I certainly wasn't addressing anyone in particular.   I personally am never disappointed by what is revealed even if I am not interested, because I know that not everything is being chosen to appeal to just one person or even one group of people. 

That's part of what's great about these projects: I can appreciate the stuff I'm not interested in because I know someone else will be excited about it. 

For instance: I have no interest in sci fi stuff.  Don't know why.  I read tons of it.  Don't play it.  But I know lots of others are into it, so I like the reveals on a more aesthetic level rather than "I want that" level.

And I am fascinated by following Reaper's strategy as the project proceeds, and wondering about their decisions.  I don't ever think "wrong move" -- I think:  Wow -- unexpected and interesting move.  I wonder what the reasoning behind that is.

• Like 7

The "problem" is that Reaper's not offering the most commonly wanted monsters, such as orcs and goblins, or not offering as many monsters as a small group of backers want (eg. more and more Mythos miniatures). But, with the commonly wanted monsters have already been offered in previous KS, Reaper has decided not to offer them again (funny thing, retail), and the market for these "super-niche" miniatures isn't as large as generic fantasy.

Still need hobgoblins.

• Like 4

CMON dropped tying the add-ons to SG's, which I think is a better idea. If you need momentum or won't hit a SG today, just announce an add-on. 

I can completely understand people being disappointed about the final level of the Mythos expansion - I'm not, because I can think of half a dozen uses for those figures.  What I find amusing is the number of people on the Kickstarter comments and other forums claiming that Reaper doesn't know what they're doing, and suggesting alternatives.

I think as long as they aren't ridiculously critical,  "expressing disappointment" in the selection is useful for Reaper peeps. I mean when they have choices about what to reveal next, how are they going to be able to do that unless they have some sense of what people want. It's easy to cross the line of appropriate on teh webz, though, even when not intended.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I'm interested in this time around - not everything, but enough to want the expansions and a few extras - despite planning on maxing 100$ less than I'm at now, with room to grow.

I hope people (who can afford to), who have just pledged a minimum, start throwing in all the $ to unlock a few things more quickly. I wonder if anyone is holding back at this point who doesn't feel they have to. I hope not.

This is kind of where I am as well. The reveal last night was disappointing for me. Like someone else said, the weapons are cool, but I don't feel like they stand on their own aside from being one of the surprise goals. And I'm in the camp of having wanted more monsters in the third tier of the Mythos expansion. However, I fully realize that the weapons are very popular. And also that a lot of people are pretty happy with the third part of the expansion. I don't think either are a mistake (I actually think they were both smart moves, as others have said, to help expand the line), it just kind of deflated my excitement last night. And part of that was just knowing that it would be a while before I see what the next goal is (waiting is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard... :blink: )Watching these Kickstarters is almost like being a little kid at Christmas. You just want to tear through all the presents, and then you'll take the time to look at them more closely when you're all done.

But overall I think this has been great! There's a lot of things that I want, and even though I probably won't be able to pledge much more than a core and a 5 headed dragon, I'll definitely be adding things after the campaign is over (most likely including the Mythos expansion). A lot of things (I wish I could afford to do it now to help out the unlocks). From one of the impatient ones, thanks for the ride!

Edited by Hestis
  • Like 3

CMON dropped tying the add-ons to SG's, which I think is a better idea. If you need momentum or won't hit a SG today, just announce an add-on. 

That is possible because CMON offers things through KS at close to retail price, so throwing out something early cuts into profits instead of being a loss.  Reaper could do that if they wanted to increase the price of everything right off the bat.

• Like 3