Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

ladystorm

Watching these Kickstarters is almost like being a little kid at Christmas. You just want to tear through all the presents, and then you'll take the time to look at them more closely when you're all done.

That is a very good description. I think I didn't really look at stuff from KS2 until they were supposed to ship. I try to save the dissecting and detail closer to getting the minis.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 5

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still 47$ under budget.  If its not spent on the KS then I can get a 5e MM, and have longer to set up my next campaign.  

if there are too many must have minis the Monster Manual can molder a month. 

still hoping for an elephant and an air elemental. 

I would like a frogmouth, but not sure its a must have. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 4

I actually like most of the investigators that compose the last part of expansion 2, but the guy in winter gear (Let's call him "Shackleton") seems lonely. We need sled dogs and a sled to go with him on his expedition. :poke:

• Like 8

I actually like most of the investigators that compose the last part of expansion 2, but the guy in winter gear (Let's call him "Shackleton") seems lonely. We need sled dogs and a sled to go with him on his expedition. :poke:

I thought that guy went well with the 'chill out' part of the core. I really like the sculpt and may buy extra of him at retail even though not sure what practical use he has.

I guess I'm part of the non-vocal folks who like all the monsters in the mythos expansion and like the newly added people as well. All my figures will be either for fun or for D&D only, so won't be using any for a Cthulu game. But I like the monsters and terrain for D&D aberrations and a lot of those people will make good townspeople. And bones are so easy to mod I might mod the ones I like with guns to make them less modern.

• Like 4

I think there are pieces of the Mythos Expansion that I'm going to buy when they hit retail.  The sacrificial altar, the cultists, the obelisk...all of those I feel like I would use in games...the rest, would probably end up in my bin of "To Be Painted" but never actually get painted.  Now, I'll kick myself if those pieces end up being more than $50 when at retail, but well, ya pays ya money and ya takes ya chances...and I've got most of my pledge allocated, and Ma'aldrakar (Tianot) hasn't even dropped yet...

Since I only run fantasy games these days, I am glad some of the investigators could be used in some fantasy games.  But with all the non-fantasy minis I've accumulated from Bones Kickstarters, one of these days I may try my hand at a different genre game after all.  In any case I can always paint for the enjoyment of painting them, or sell them, or give them away to my friends that like other genres as presents.  I definitely am planning on turning that miner/hillbilly miniature into a fantasy version by putting a shovel in place of his shotgun.

Edited by zoroaster100
  • Like 1

I definitely am planning on turning that miner/hillbilly miniature into a fantasy version by putting a shovel in place of his shotgun.

That's genius. I am in the same boat, only D&D right now and was thinking how cool that guy is and exactly what I could put in his hand. Shovel is perfect.

• Like 4

Just realized I'll be off the grid when this KS ends. 

Hopefully Tianot and any other coolness drops within the next two days.

While it is best to get the money in before the kickstarter ends and it is fun to watch the end of the kickstarter, you can at least add it after the kickstarter using the pledge manager (when they are ready to accept money from people). There was talk of Ma'aldrakar showing up before the last day to give people time to find out about him. But I haven't noticed any confirmation that they decided to do that yet.

While it is best to get the money in before the kickstarter ends and it is fun to watch the end of the kickstarter, you can at least add it after the kickstarter using the pledge manager (when they are ready to accept money from people). There was talk of Ma'aldrakar showing up before the last day to give people time to find out about him. But I haven't noticed any confirmation that they decided to do that yet.

I have seen a number of fans request it, but the official hints I have seen suggest that he will probably come quite late.

Things change, and Reaper might change their minds, but I would guess that the original date was close to last-day.

If it helps, you can always add him after the fact through the pledge manager. You could also make a guess at his price, and preemptively add the money. My guess*, is that he will be in the $30-35 zone.

* - Do not take this as real information!!

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 2

Numbers Based on 1300-1400 Reaper time today: 
Total Gain Today - $31,048 
Total Gain 24 Hours $69,509 
Total to Next Goal - $22,379 
New Backers This Hour - 4 
Gain in last Hour - $2,209 
Current Average Pledge - $149.15 
Average Hourly Backers Today - 6.3 
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours - 8.5 
Average Hourly Pledges Today - $2,218 
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours - $2,896 
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour - 10.1 
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg - 7.7 

Current Total Pledges $1,627,621 
Current Total Backers 10,902 
Previous Hour Total Pledges $1,625,412 
Previous Hour Total Backers 10,898

• Like 1

I have seen a number of fans request it, but the official hints I have seen suggest that he will probably come quite late.

Things change, and Reaper might change their minds, but I would guess that the original date was close to last-day.

If it helps, you can always add him after the fact through the pledge manager. You could also make a guess at his price, and preemptively add the money. My guess*, is that he will be in the $30-35 zone.

They've said he will be more than DDS2, which was $35.

• Like 4

They've said he will be more than DDS2, which was $35.

My guess is $40-$50... I'm going to make sure there's that much buffer in my pledge for Saturday, currently, my buffer is $75, but we've got reveals yet to reveal.

• Like 4

I'm actually on the fence about Takhisn't. It's so big I doubt I'll ever use it, and it actually isn't as cool as, say DDS2. If it runs up ad pricey as a whole expansion, might not be able to justify it to myself. Eh.

Then again, I'll probably add for it just for the hell of it, before it's all said and done.

But I do think it's been a bit overhyped. Impressive as it is.

• Like 1