Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

ladystorm

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To get Stormwing, or to not get Stormwing...

Wait, wait.

You, not sure if you're going to get a dragon?

@Reaper people: I think Siri's account got hijacked.

I have limited commission money to work with  ::P: Priorities! And who knows what awesome stuff is to come that I'll want?

• Like 2

There is also the choice of sending the package to a friendly Store near the border. You then pick it up there when it arrives. Example of that is shipping shops in Massena NY or UPS.Store close to the Border. They charge you about 5$ per box per week to keep it.

I know about that and looked into it for Bones 2 when I lived closer to the border. But now my closest American border is 1,820km away (plus ferry). ::o:

So, Kaladrax the Ginormous is $75 dollars retail. Think about how expensive Tianot is going to be. I realize that $60 seems like a lot to a lot of people, but it seems to me that it's a pretty substantial deal. I guess I better go ahead and start shopping around for a new airbrush.

For ROW pledgers, it's another ballgame.

Including shipping, current exchange rate, taxes/duties, Ma'al will cost me over $150CND. It is quite possible I'll get if for cheaper by paying full price during a visit to RCon.

Yes, that is possible. Ma'aldrakar kicks you up to a much larger box and a not inconsiderable amount of weight over just a Core Set and a few smaller add-ons. However, the more things you buy, the more likely it is that you'll end up with that bigger box with or without him.

Sadly, shipping is also by weight, not just by volume.

Looking back again to Bones 2, me and some friends believed we would save on shipping by combining our pledges. We didn't. Virtually the same cost combined or separate. But during the campaign, the pledge manager wasn't functional like it is now, so shipping costs could not be anticipated.

• Like 2

I think Stormwing was the last "classic" dragon we were waiting for from the Reaper catalog.  I'm very happy that it has made an appearance.

This KS has really added a lot of variety to their Bones line.  My only hope is that some more of those great sci-fi figures from ReaerCon make it to the stage.  What I'm REALLY glad for is that we can add more money after the KS is over.  I'm in for over $400 already but don't think it is wise to add more at this time.  I have a convention this weekend and GenCon next week.  Considering how poor the exchange rate is with the USD, I think I will wait to contribute more in a few months.  I don't feel too bad since my pledge is currently more than double the average.

Ahem, Gauth and T'Raukzul. Maybe classic Kaladrax.

And I also realized the $CAN is not in our favor these days. Enough to make me reconsider Ma'al (heresy, I know) and its huge shipping cost.

Once it hits full price retail, assuming we still have free shipping to Canada, it may be cheaper to wait.

Very true.  I'm lucky that I have a US PO Box so shipping is still free for me.  I'm sure it is still a great value even with the exchange rate.  I just need to make sure I don't run myself short for GenCon money.

• Like 4

I have limited commission money to work with  ::P: Priorities! And who knows what awesome stuff is to come that I'll want?

If by commission you mean I send you the dragon and then you paint it for me because you love painting dragons then we have a deal! :P

I will probably get them all just to let my daughter pick and choose which she paints over the years. By then she may have so much or be done painting (GASP) that I have it just sitting in a box and wanting a home.

• Like 2

added some giants

I think I may need to change my pants. This right here is the very definition of amazing!

Really too bad I missed the other KS .. the bone dragon is waaaay more expensive now! :wacko:

I think that's my biggest regret for missing Bones 1. I'll get Kaladrax someday, but man how nice would it have been to get him that cheap? I"m so glad we can add stuff for such a long period of time for this one. It's going to enable me to get so much more from it.

• Like 2

If by commission you mean I send you the dragon and then you paint it for me because you love painting dragons then we have a deal! :P

I will probably get them all just to let my daughter pick and choose which she paints over the years. By then she may have so much or be done painting (GASP) that I have it just sitting in a box and wanting a home.

Never worry.  There is always hope of more commissions in the next couple of months to add it to your pledge.  Like me, it doesn't help with the unlocks right now but at least Reaper doesn't lose a percentage to KS for these later additions.  I don't like doing things this way but with the current exchange rate, I'm about $550 dollars.

• Like 1

I am very interested to see the next two parts of expansion #3. Will it be terrain? Will it be that graveyard golem? Will there be fancy skeletons? How about a big bell?

Fascinating. 

Fancy skeletons? Will they have a top hat and monacle?

I can only hope one will. otherwise I will need to add my own hat.

• Like 2

Whoa.  Signed in this morning, and ... AWESOMENESS!  I don't know how much of it I'll actually be buying, as the price adds up after a while, but there's a whole lot to WANT.

I'm very eager to see what more happens with the new "terrain" expansion.  The mausoleum alone isn't enough to justify $50; I find myself comparing it unfavorably with various Warhammer scenery pieces, price-wise.  If Part 2 and Part 3 make it more impressive than the Garden of Morr, then I might just have to grab it.  

I am hopeful that the separate doorway piece means that'll be something I can get multiples of once it hits retail.  It would just be nice if it would also include a DOOR that fits it (a la the similar-looking doorway on the front of the mausoleum).

The "Tianot" dragon centerpiece is truly amazing, and right now at $60 it's actually looking like a better bargain just for TERRAIN than the mausoleum.  (I'm struggling to imagine a practical use for the dragon itself in a gaming/RPG situation.  If I put a McFarlane dragon on the table, my PCs bolt, even in a game where they've got warjacks.  I haven't even fielded Kaladrax yet.  If I put THAT THING on the table, I think the PCs might just sit there in stunned silence for a moment, then quietly hand over their character sheets and start writing up their replacements in order to skip the formalities.)

Oddly (I mean, what with all the other amazing stuff going on), I think the Hobgobageddon is what most immediately has my interest.  A female hobgoblin!  One that doesn't look cheesecakey, nor does it look like gouge-yer-eyes-out horror, either (like a matron ogre).  This looks pretty viable as a stand-in "goblinoid" female character type for any of a number of fantasy settings where such types are a bit under-served.  Judging from the concept art, the armor and outfits look at least a little vaguely Eastern-ish, and I could envision painting them up and billing them as "bakemono" for an Eastern-themed game setting.  I might just have to get a few more.  :)

I just wish I had a better idea on the scale of the hobgoblins.  I mean ... how tall IS a hobgoblin?  If you see a pack of investigators, you can assume, "human-sized."  But is a hobgoblin human-sized by default?  Slightly larger?  Slightly shorter?  I really have no idea.

The huge worm thing ... at $15, and large enough to be scary, that is the perfect price-point for me, so once that unlocks, it'll be a no-brainer add-on.  It's not so pricey as to make me stutter and reconsider; it's BIG enough to give players a "Whoa, *bleep!*" moment for an encounter, but not SO BIG that the players just look at me with disbelief that I even bothered setting up the table because you KNOW the only viable option is to run like crazy.  ;)

• Like 12