Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

ladystorm

Any of you thinking of getting more of 1 of the same?

Personally I think I will get multiples of the frost giants, the big wyrm and the ogres.

I'm getting multiples of the $2 weapon sets and 2x Frost Giants (any/all frost giants!).

• Like 5

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of getting a duplicate Core set, and a third set of each Lycanthropes I and II, as well as two extra sets of the Core Bonus centipedes and giant ticks.  Other things I'm weighing whether to order a second set: big worm, five headed dragon, and graveyard expansion (depends on what is in part 2 and 3).

• Like 3

I'm planning to get three of the big worms.  Let's be honest.  If your PC's are at a high enough level where they can handle one of them, you're not going to have that ultra-dramatic, stunned, all-divine-magic-users-start-praying-now! moment until three come out of the ground.

And my birthday is next month, so we'll see what  other duplicate small sets I can afford after that.  Undead Lords, Orcs, Hobgoblins, and weapon packs are on the table.

Edited by KoiPwned
  • Like 6

Prob no dupes for me. I see no reason why I need em.

Luckily for me allot of the dragons I don't want or need. (Stormwing? Bah I have him already ::):). As much as I like the Mausoleum I think I'll wait for retail as having exp 1 + Maal already ups me more then I thought I'd go.

• Like 1

I'm planning to get three of the big worms.  Let's be honest.  If your PC's are at a high enough level where they can handle one of them, you're not going to have that ultra-dramatic, stunned, all-divine-magic-users-start-praying-now! moment until three come out of the ground.

And my birthday is next month, so we'll see what other small sets I can afford after that.  Undead Lords, Orcs, Hobgoblins, and weapon packs are on the table.

I wonder if that's the sort of thing where a bit of boiling-in-water-then-drop-in-the-freezer could help to slightly vary the worms -- as in, one of them is leaning a bit to the right, another is leaning a bit to the left, the last one's straight down the middle, so we can at least pretend they aren't just three of the same exact model.  :D

That big worm would be perfect for Deadlands, by the way, as a Mojave Rattler.  Hey, I could even envision using it as some sort of mega alien thing for my IMEF troopers and Blackstar Corsairs (woo hoo!) to shoot at.  Hmmmmmmm.  Yeah, now you've got me thinking about whether JUST ONE will be enough.  Argh!

• Like 7

@Jordan Peackock: I'll have to look into it.  I've been doing metals for a while, but this kickstarter is actually my intro to Bones.  (I've done one or two bones pieces.)  They look pretty thick, so I would be a little skeptical, but that would be awesome.  If not, different paint jobs will have to do.

Edited by KoiPwned

So, based on the 24-hour lookback from the 0900-1000 report, that's $173,045 in the last day.  That's $7,210 per hour.  If we apply that to the remaining hours (55), that's another $396,561 by the end of the campaign, which would bring us up to $2,196,038 at the end.  Of course, that doesn't take into account the hockey-stick effect.  I don't think we need to worry too much about making it to Tianot.  I expect us to end with at least 2.5 million, if not higher.

• Like 4

I'm at my limit right now on sheer number of dollars spent. :/ I definitely want more, like the worm and Ma'aldrakar and tentatively the third expansion set. I'm grateful I'll be able to add money as more comes my way after the KS ends (and will be locked in for KS prices since I'm pledging) but I wish I could do more to help unlock stuff.

• Like 3

Although I am a bit worried about the SGs now. They go to 2,25k now and I don't see any more terrain pieces yet, and the kicqtrack trends towards around $2m.

No no, go back and read the update. Those are just a couple of future goals they wanted to show off (to build excitement). There are more goals in-between now, Dreadmaw and Ma'aldrakar, they just haven't been revealed yet.

• Like 6