Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

So, based on the 24-hour lookback from the 0900-1000 report, that's $173,045 in the last day.  That's $7,210 per hour.  If we apply that to the remaining hours (55), that's another $396,561 by the end of the campaign, which would bring us up to $2,196,038 at the end.  Of course, that doesn't take into account the hockey-stick effect.  I don't think we need to worry too much about making it to Tianot.  I expect us to end with at least 2.5 million, if not higher.

I'm still thinking it will push 3 mil.

My instincts point more towards 2.3-2.4m, but Reaper has consistently proven me wrong throughout the campaign, so absolutely nobody should pay the slightest attention to my numbers.

It's possible that they are better at this Kickstarter thing than I am. :ph34r:

I completely underestimated them the last two KS's.  Not this time.  I'm sticking at 3 mil.  I may be wrong, but I don't think it is a wild hope either.

I think would push it would be Flying Camels with Gatling guns!!!  :rock:  ::P:

• Like 1

Two serious Pledge Manager questions for the Reaper Guys:

1) Can you disclose the weight of the packages to allow us to look into reshipping options?

2) I understand that when you choose the options and save the options that locks them in - but does it lock in the postage? If I choose a reshipping service at a later date will/can the pledge manager cope with this?

Reasons being Ma'alDrakar - that's a $60 Dragon + $60 shipping for me.

Plus 17% Duty and then 20% VAT on the cost AND the Duty (this is what I was charged last time, potentially a bigger package this time...)

Thats a $160 Dragon right there :(

At that rate, it is going to be cheaper to wait and buy retail with free shipping and in a single package which will come in at under the duty threshold.

• Like 2

So, based on the 24-hour lookback from the 0900-1000 report, that's $173,045 in the last day.  That's $7,210 per hour.  If we apply that to the remaining hours (55), that's another $396,561 by the end of the campaign, which would bring us up to $2,196,038 at the end.  Of course, that doesn't take into account the hockey-stick effect.  I don't think we need to worry too much about making it to Tianot.  I expect us to end with at least 2.5 million, if not higher.

My instincts point more towards 2.3-2.4m, but Reaper has consistently proven me wrong throughout the campaign, so absolutely nobody should pay the slightest attention to my numbers.

I completely underestimated them the last two KS's.  Not this time.  I'm sticking at 3 mil.  I may be wrong, but I don't think it is a wild hope either.

Well...I am still working on the camel (the side not seen in the photo), so possibilities exist, but wings are not currently on my list of possible gear additions. (Right now I am working on a water jar and small chest for the other side.)

• Like 8

Well...I am still working on the camel (the side not seen in the photo), so possibilities exist, but wings are not currently on my list of possible gear additions. (Right now I am working on a water jar and small chest for the other side.)

Instead of another weapon pack, we should have a wing (or alternate/extra limb) pack as a stretch goal.

• Like 1

Is there an anticpated retail price for Ma'aldrakar?

According to the Pledge Manager, shipping alone on Ma'al to Soviet Canuckistan is going to cost $45USD.  Add the exchange rate, tax, and border handling, and he totals to $160CAD.

If he is going to retail for ~$100-$120 USD, I'm better off to wait.  If he's going to retail for much more than that, well, I don't need him that badly.

In my case, it's not impossible in the future to find him retail in Canada for at the US price. One of the FLGS I used to frequent has Bones at about the same US price value. So $3US in Reaper's store would be $3CDN in my FLGS. Though the FLGS would need one in stock for it to happen. A $150+ mini feels more like a collectable than a regular Bones mini.

And if they do have one in stock, and I happen to be there during one of their quarterly sales (say -25% on minis). :bday: [Highly unlikely, but I like to dream.]

• Like 2

Is there an anticpated retail price for Ma'aldrakar?

According to the Pledge Manager, shipping alone on Ma'al to Soviet Canuckistan is going to cost $45USD.  Add the exchange rate, tax, and border handling, and he totals to $160CAD.

If he is going to retail for ~$100-$120 USD, I'm better off to wait.  If he's going to retail for much more than that, well, I don't need him that badly.

$120-150 is our estimates. The more are pre-ordered via KS the cheaper we can get the unit cost and we can make it at retail.

HAH! I called that sucker right on the money. I said "$120+" 

• Like 4

I'm not sure I want to know what it would cost to make tianot out of metal

All the money. it would cost all the money.

• Like 4

$1.81M goal achieved!

Undead vacation villa unlocked!

Hobgoblins warband unlocked!

New dwarves revealed:

10b33ad81580cd4939e322bc3e6ff8c0_origina

And new details on Ma'al's heads.

Wonder if they're interchangeable?

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 3

Y'know, if they got it into their heads to do an LE Ma'aldrakar in resin, or even in metal, I might actually throw up to $300 at that - and I say 'might', because predicting the budget is like predicting the weather around here - because that sculpt is just ... *mind asplosion noise*. Which is to say, I'd be willing to throw it, assuming I have it at the time (or I'm present - I have to actually plan, deliberate-like, if I want to attend a Reapercon).

Annnnd... *SQUEE* Hobgoblins! Awesome!

Ooh. Yet more dwarves, too. Nifty!

• Like 3