Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

Ok, cool. That's kinda what I thought, thanks for the confirmation. Much appreciated.

Will the cemetery fence come in soft or rigid Bonesium? And will the fence be able to stand up on its own or will it need to be glued together or to a base to stand up?

Will the cemetery fence come in soft or rigid Bonesium? And will the fence be able to stand up on its own or will it need to be glued together or to a base to stand up?

Indeed, this is a pressing question. If at least the thinner bits are in rigid Bonesium, count me in, several times over.

Otherwise, I'm not so much interested in what I'd fear to be a bendy, rounded-off mess.

Didn't they say one could add money in increments in the pledge manager, this time, which isn't that something one couldn't do last time around?

Okay, I'd been holding off on Expansion #3 (barely) to see what would come next ... and I'd say part 2 just cinched it.  I sincerely hope there'll be a *part 3*, but I figure if I've already decided, I'd better go ahead and be honest and up my pledge NOW.  ;)  That, and Goremaw.  I'm holding out hope that both expansion 3, part 2 and Goremaw will get unlocked before Kickstarter's end.

Those fences look awfully useful.  I wish I could get an idea of how big they are -- Sir Forscale is useful and all, but this is a case where it would be meaningful to learn stuff like, "The gate, if surgically altered to be opened, would have a 2" wide entrance," or "the larger section of fence is 4" wide" or whatever is appropriate.  (Numbers pulled from thin air without justification, purely for example.)  I imagine that I may be getting some of this later regardless, but it's just the sort of thing I KNOW I can use almost immediately after the KS #3 box arrives in a year or two (or whatever the turnaround is), so I'd want to go ahead and get it rather than waiting for it to trickle into regular distribution (as KS #2 items still haven't fully propagated to the stores yet).

I positively love the fences, as they exemplify the sort of minis-friendly barrier that I could actually use on a tabletop with RPG or wargame situations.  That is, I could use the fences as-is to indicate -- well -- fences ... or else I could use them as stand-ins for wall dividers on a map tile.  The nice thing about the fencing is that you can SEE THROUGH IT to spy minis standing on the other side.  In war games, players are usually standing up and going around the table with laser pointers and tape measures and templates at the ready, but when it comes time for RPGs, I've got players parked in their favorite spots, with bags of munchies and plates of food and cups of soda (just waiiiiiting to get knocked over, or for someone's overly-enthusiastic die roll to get plunked into), and if I have a section of plaster wall that's 2" tall with a mini on each side ... well, players aren't going to stand up to get a better look.  If I move a mini around a corner, and somebody didn't see the model, I'm going to get complaints that it's "unfair" -- that "my character would have seen that, but I didn't see the mini!"  Hence, I tend to use fairly flat floor tiles anymore (albeit sometimes textured, made from Hirst Arts "floor tile" casts), and walls are usually just represented by whatever bare part of the table isn't covered in map tiles.  That's fine for underground dungeons, but a bit harder in modern settings where we'd expect the walls to be a lot thinner.

Lo and behold -- fences!  Granted, they'd make for a strange WALL for a building interior, but I could see using them to /represent/ interior walls in some creepy haunted manor or crypt -- making it clear to the players that, yes, these are WALLS, and you can't shoot or stab through them -- and as long as they seem to fit the general vibe (i.e., creepy, to represent a creepy place), it'll work just fine.

So, I am VERY happy to see these additions.  :)

Plus ... Graveyard Golem!  :D  That model is so crazy-weird, I simply MUST have it!  And it WILL be used!  (Perfect for a Ghostbusters-ish game, along with some of those translucent green ghosts from a couple of Kickstarters ago....)

• Like 3

I believe you can repeatedly add funds, but never subtract.

I don't know if you can subtract or not (never tried it), but you can cancel the whole pledge and try again.

Edit: Seems I confused subtracting funds during the campaign and after the campaign.

Edited by Cranky Dog

Once the project ends, you cannot subtract funds in the Pledge Manager. You can, however, add funds multiple times.

Cancelling a pledge post project isn't usually done. (Rare cases with extenuating circumstances)

• Like 1

Glad to finally see the graveyard golem, I just wish it wasn't included with so much terrain. I had a goal to not start collecting terrain. :down:

• Like 2

I have to assume that Mr. and Mrs. Bones won't be in the expansion, since they won't want to make people pay $50 just for them, and I'm guessing many people want the Boneses, but not the graveyard.

• Like 3

Numbers Based on 2100-2200 Reaper time today:

Total Gain Today - $193,191

Total Gain 24 Hours $210,670

Total to Next Goal - $80,485

New Backers This Hour - 27

Gain in last Hour - $12,043

Current Average Pledge - $166.29

Average Hourly Backers Today - 22.8

Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours - 22.2

Average Hourly Pledges Today - $8,781

Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours - $8,778

Hours to next goal based on gains this hour - 6.7

Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg - 9.2

Current Total Pledges $1,919,515

Current Total Backers 11543

Previous Hour Total Pledges $1,907,472

Previous Hour Total Backers 11516

Numbers Based on 1200-1300 Reaper time today:

Total Gain Today - $89,743

Total Gain 24 Hours $190,655

Total to Next Goal - $83,933

New Backers This Hour - 34

Gain in last Hour - $11,351

Current Average Pledge - $162.16

Average Hourly Backers Today - 12.2

Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours - 12.5

Average Hourly Pledges Today - $6,903

Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours - $7,944

Hours to next goal based on gains this hour - 7.4

Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg - 10.6

Current Total Pledges $1,816,067

Current Total Backers 11199

Previous Hour Total Pledges $1,804,716

Previous Hour Total Backers 11165

Since the 48 hour notice is going out today, the averages are about to get seriously skewed. :D

Yup...

Won't it be great?!?!

Numbers Based on 1200-1300 Reaper time today:

Total Gain Today - $89,743

Total Gain 24 Hours $190,655

Total to Next Goal - $83,933

New Backers This Hour - 34

Gain in last Hour - $11,351

Current Average Pledge - $162.16

Average Hourly Backers Today - 12.2

Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours - 12.5

Average Hourly Pledges Today - $6,903

Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours - $7,944

Hours to next goal based on gains this hour - 7.4

Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg - 10.6

Current Total Pledges $1,816,067

Current Total Backers 11199

Previous Hour Total Pledges $1,804,716

Previous Hour Total Backers 11165

Since the 48 hour notice is going out today, the averages are about to get seriously skewed. :D

Yup...

Won't it be great?!?!

a mathematical money black hole, where the laws of physics, economics and accounting break down all at once?  Glorious, and possibly only mappable in 21+ dimensions.

• Like 2

So, I went to Kickstarter and saw that we were over 1.9M, and thought to myself: "Sweet! I gots my Stormwing!"

Then I scroll down and see the expansion 3 stuff, and I'm thinking: "Aw, man, that's awesome, but I'll have to wait for retail to buy more fencing."

Then I keep scrolling, and am left with: ::o: .... :bday:

Aside from Ma'aldrakar, which we are likely to unlock by tomorrow afternoon / evening, I can't think of anything else I am waiting for. This KS hit all the marks for me. Reaper, I challenge you: Surprise me enough to make me demand more things! ^_^

• Like 4