Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

ladystorm

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh... that big fat ugly Dragon Tyrant adds between $30-$40 in shipping for us Canuckistans. The dude needs to lose some weight. On the fence with him. He's awesome, but at $100 ... ehh.

I think the Shubster and his tentacles will have to do.

Edited by Canuck
  • Like 1

...well, carp. Looks like I'm doubling Expansion 3 in addition to DOUBLECORE and double Expansion 1.

Yeah. Part 3 of expansion 3 I think just flipped me from buying 1x exp3 +1 set fences, to 2x exp3. But then Maybe I'll need the extra fences to combine the mausoleums.... 2x exp3 +1 set fences isn't overboard, is it? I know this is the wrong crowd for an objective opinion on that ;)

Edited by UltraSalem
  • Like 6

I too am really tempted by the graveyard... but... I normally don't use terrain... use mats and markers... have enough to transport with the miniatures... Also, I don't know where to store it... I would love to have a permanent set up with the tombstones and fencing and what not all set up on a wooden board... Maybe with a mat with grid glued to the board then the terrain glued to that...

I don't know... Still holding out hope for a 13th hour scifi drop... Or the cart and a wagon, and a coach... and bones horses....

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 4

Canuck, $30-$40 is a steep price to pay for shipping. However, if you want this mini, consider that even at $100 total during the KS, it is very likely that this will still be cheaper than getting Ma'al Drakar when he hits retail.

But I'm just pointing this out for you to consider in case you weren't aware; don't do anything financially irresponsible.

• Like 1

I just noticed that the fences addon isn't the same as the included fences in expansion 3. With the fences addon, there's more broken fence pieces, but less of everything else (except the gate) than in the expansion. Weird. I guess that cinches it. 2x exp3 for me, no extra fences.

Canuck, $30-$40 is a steep price to pay for shipping. However, if you want this mini, consider that even at $100 total during the KS, it is very likely that this will still be cheaper than getting Ma'al Drakar when he hits retail.

But I'm just pointing this out for you to consider in case you weren't aware; don't do anything financially irresponsible.

It'd be $110 all up for me, which is close enough to retail that I can wait. Gives me time to paint up some of the dragons I already have, too.

• Like 2

As awesome as this all is I fear my desire for Bones superheroes is going to go unfulfilled for another campaign. I must come up with some sort of plot to raise awareness of this tragic shortage by the next campaign...

• Like 1

• Artists

I don't have a Tumblr or Flickr or whatever, so posting pics on Facebook is the easiest way for me to try to make them available for a fair number of people to see. Especially on annoying mobile! I know it doesn't work for everyone, sorry about that. :-(

• Like 6

I'll go on record as never really liking the reaper Superheroes...

There's not enough of them and they never really fit what I want...  When I play a superhero game, I have specific needs (usually established characters) and my PCs are very unique and/or need lots of customizing and modifying...

Usually I just go to the Heroclix when I play Superheroes. Hundreds of characters/sculpts/poses and I can mod them pretty cheap.

If reaper got a Marvel or DC license or something... that would be SWEET... but trying to fake it with a few generic archtypes won't be a big seller for my games...

• Like 3