Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

Truly, my tablets auto-defect feature is about as useful as an elf in a dandelion patch >.<

Wha! I look all over for dandelion patches. They're my favorite green for sandwiches and soups.  ::P:

The way I play elves, they're a race that's constantly beset by a form of hayfever.  Where pollen causes a histamine reaction in most humanoids, it instead works on elves as a euphoric.  An elf in a dandelion patch is about as likely to do anything other than giggle inanely as a halfing is to not eat the sad away.

Edited by Laoke
  • Like 5
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea why the pumpkin cart and bulldog didn't make it into the kickstarter?

I think the bulldog you are talking about is in the core.

They mean the IMEF "Bulldog" powered exoskellington that was teased at ReaperCon.

• Like 1

As I understand it, Reaper planned to 5M, and, I'm guessing, expected around 3M+, which was the amounts Bones I and Bones II made. Today's add-ons, and the female free figures, I think, would have been added at 100K intervals, not added at the last minute. So it looks like we got 300K of SG's "free", but this wasn't enough for certain miniatures. Hopefully, when the KS dust settles, some miniatures not in the KS will still make retail or metal.

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 4

As I understand it, Reaper planned to 5M, and, I'm guessing, expected around 3M+, which was the amounts Bones I and Bones II made. Today's add-ons, and the female free figures, I think, would have been added at 100K intervals, not added at the last minute. So it looks like we got 300K of SG's "free", but this wasn't enough for certain miniatures. Hopefully, when the KS dust settles, some miniatures not in the KS will still make retail or metal.

Could also be that the reaction to the Blackstar Corsairs wasn't as good as they hoped, so they dialed back on the sci-fi. Maybe the same for the pumpkin cart due to the reaction to the non-human townsfolk. Or they could have been axed from the project for technical reasons before the campaign even launched, like the dragonette. We may never know.

Also, when was the Izzy sketchbook added to the options?! I combed through the updates, but didn't see anything about it!

Edited by Dai-Mongar
  • Like 3

Yeah, that's the thing that kinda annoyed me about some of the people screaming 'More Science Fiction!'

Reaper has access to far more sales data than we do.  They know what's selling.  I kinda trust them to do what's best for their business, and if their data is saying 'Yo, the kids want fantasy and Cthulhu, but not so much the Science Fiction figures' it just seems the height of arrogance to claim that the reason the Science Fiction isn't selling is because Reaper isn't putting their best Science Fiction figures into the line.

Given that the Corsairs were said to be running pretty much in the bottom 5 options for most of the Kickstarter, it's easy to see why Reaper didn't go all in with a Science Fiction expansion this go around.

That being said - I do have to remind myself that they're people in the same hobby, and I shouldn't knock them too much for being passionate about what they want to see.  For what it's worth - they deserve an apology for me for calling them 'space grognards' and losing track of that simple truth.

Sorry guys.  I actually happen to like the science fiction figures myself, and grabbed the Corsairs as soon as they were added to the pledge manager.

Edited by Laoke
  • Like 6

Maybe we'll just have to see a dedicated sci-fi/Chronoscope KS.

Also, just because something wasn't included in the KS doesn't necessarily mean it won't be made in Bones at some point. Hopefully the line can be self-sustaining now.

Edited by Dai-Mongar
  • Like 4

Got two sets of Corsairs myself. They are exactly the kind of sci-fi figures I want more of in bones; they've got that "not-GW" vibe to them, with a little Starcraft for good measure. Of course, GW and Starcraft give off much of the same vibe since a lot of the Starcraft IP and design is essentially "similar-to-but-legally-distinct-from" 40K.

• Like 7

Got two sets of Corsairs myself. They are exactly the kind of sci-fi figures I want more of in bones; they've got that "not-GW" vibe to them, with a little Starcraft for good measure. Of course, GW and Starcraft give off much of the same vibe since a lot of the Starcraft IP and design is essentially "similar-to-but-legally-distinct-from" 40K.

Yup, in for three sets myself. Still pondering exactly what I'll do for color. Then again, I've got a year to think.
  • Like 3

Was away for a few hours, knowing I'd miss the live excitement, but managed to look up the results a couple of times on my smartphone.

Conclusion: Wow! Just... just wow!

This is way, WAY more than I expected and hoped for.

[Tips hat in recognition of a job well done.]

Now go and celebrate and relax, you guys deserve it, for you set yourself to very high expectations in the next few months.

• Like 3