Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

ladystorm

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Counting things:

core: 132 medium or small, + 7 large figures, + 4 weapon sets.

Expansion 1, 26 m/s  + 12 large 

anyone have a total for 1 of everything? 

Not Quite. Don't want the Cthulhu Mythos Expansion and don't want the Corsairs. otherwise I very much want. We will see how much we get to add before I am cut off.

I had a lot of fun watching this campaign.  I liked the shorter format, and the modified stretchgoal format.  It felt more eventful than Bones 2.  I managed to get cell service enough to get the last few hours of updates on the kickstarter page, and even bump my pledge up an extra 50 bucks.  For the grand finale, I think this one easily matches Bones 2, if not surpassing it.

Maybe it's burnout from already backing for a TON of models in Bones 2, but I found myself less drawn to many of the options presented here, and so far, managed to get away with a pledge that is 200$ less than my Bones 2 was.  All 3 expansions had stuff that I liked, but two of them lacked *enough* desirable things to justify the price tag.  There were more addons, too, that I found myself disinterested in.  I love that I've got half a year to change my mind as many times as I want, though.  Maybe in a little while I'll take a second look and realize that there's a pile more stuff that I wouldn't mind having.

I didn't read every forum post, and barely scratched the surface of the kickstarter comments, but it felt like there were less pouty/sulky/entitled folks this time around.  And I smiled to see forumites trying to play diplomats/moderators/educators over in the KS comments.

Anyhow.  This was great.  Thank you Reaper for continuing to hold these fun drives.  Thank you forumites for being awesome positive people and for your infectious enthusiasm for the hobby.

• Like 9

Maybe it's burnout from already backing for a TON of models in Bones 2, but I found myself less drawn to many of the options presented here, and so far, managed to get away with a pledge that is 200$ less than my Bones 2 was.  All 3 expansions had stuff that I liked, but two of them lacked *enough* desirable things to justify the price tag.  There were more addons, too, that I found myself disinterested in.  I love that I've got half a year to change my mind as many times as I want, though.  Maybe in a little while I'll take a second look and realize that there's a pile more stuff that I wouldn't mind having.

I can relate to this. I was on more of a budget this time around, sure, but even if I could afford it I don't think I would be getting the core set; two previous kickstarters and a large amount of metal (especially since I raided the boneyard at RCon) meant that not enough of the core set was "different" enough for me to want it.

Also, the previous two core sets had one particular mini in the initial group that I really wanted (Anvall Thricedamned and Dragoth the Defiler, respectively), while Bones 3 didn't have anything that jumped out at me.

There was still a lot to like in the campaign, and plenty of bits and pieces that I'd love to pick up at retail (some in great quantities).

• Like 2

Overall I was really impressed with the kickstarter, the shorter format worked well in my opinion and kept the progress going, I don't think we had to wait too long between goals.

That said the postage for some of the bigger items was quite steep. Whilst I recognise this is a reality of posting outside the U.S. I do find it quite upsetting that I could have had 2 extra core sets for the cost of my postage and few extra items!!

But I have still paid and really can't wait for the items to get to the UK.

• Like 1

Overall I was really impressed with the kickstarter, the shorter format worked well in my opinion and kept the progress going, I don't think we had to wait too long between goals.

That said the postage for some of the bigger items was quite steep. Whilst I recognise this is a reality of posting outside the U.S. I do find it quite upsetting that I could have had 2 extra core sets for the cost of my postage and few extra items!!

But I have still paid and really can't wait for the items to get to the UK.

Fully agreed.

This was my first bones KS. I had to get used to the unique format but I am glad that I partook. Even though the shipping and import taxes for Europeans are quite steep, I think the low bones prices more than make up for it. Even if you have to pay double for everything it is still quite worth it.

Although I might be a bit critical (I don't like most of the stuff, for instance not a fan of humanoids with animal heads or sci fi and steampunk stuff and I think most of dragons have weird poses or aren't that pretty and really too bad you can't order the Cthulu statues seperately) I still managed to get a list of around $200 worth of very nice minis (which will cost me around $325), totally worth their money. After TGG2 this will be my biggest investment in a KS by far.

So overall very happy!!! ^_^

Edited by Findariel
  • Like 2

I think my favorite things from the Kickstarter are Ma'aldrakar, the big non-dragon monsters (Black Goat, Dagon, plant dragon), the townfolk, the animals, especially the camel, donkey and dwarf mage's pony, the core ogres, ogre command and dwarf king's companions, the deep ones and the yeti. I also liked getting the graveyard stuff, especially the graveyard statues and fencing.

• Like 5

There were only three things I was really specifically hoping would show up that didn't. The larger bases (more useful to me than the smaller ones); a war elephant or mammoth with howdah, and the hobbits and pumpkin cart. I'm sure there are a thousand other things I would have loved to see as well. Those were just the ones I had some hope of seeing that didn't make it in. But they can't make every miniature in a single Kickstarter, and if they could it would get too expensive anyway, so I'm happy with the selection this time around.

• Like 4

I think I am going through withdrawal already..... I woke this morning to come check the progress and the forums and there is very little additional posting since the close of the KS. 

I didn't read it during the campaign because there was so much other stuff going on, Does anyone have the link to the story that the one poster was writing as the campaign went along, I would love to go back and read it.

<<<<<Runs out to check mailbox>>>>>>

Back to painting my 20 minis.....

THanks

Edited by jes72pony
  • Like 2