Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

I really liked this campaign, so many excellent minis and really delving into set pieces that would've been prohibitively expensive in metal. I blew past my Bones 2 total yesterday during those final exciting hours, yesterday.

Well done, Reaper, very well done, indeed.

To all the folks at Reaper, I'd like to issue a big "Thank You!" for an excellent kickstarter.

My wife and I definitely agree with Ron Hawkins. This year the art team did an amazing job! A majority of the minis offered were truly remarkable and special. This is definitely the best Bones KS of the three.

There's only one thing that isn't thankful for this kickstarter and that's my wallet, but to be fair, I don't care about the feelings of unliving objects.

Thanks Reaper!

• Like 5

teaser:

78261d06-da20-4645-933f-7e5660aa35f7_zps

After seeing the previous one you made (amazing skin texture BTW), a lot of people will have unreasonably high expectations for the new one.

• Like 2

Reaper said pledgers can add new items using the pledge manager even after locking in some items.  Have they indicated if this allows an increase in the quantity of a locked item as well as new items?  E.g., could I lock in a core set, then add a second core set later?  Would I remain in the same shipping wave or would adding a new core set send me to the back of the line?

• Like 1

Well, I had to take a nap yesterday, and woke up with 90 seconds left on the Kickstarter clock. So I was still reading the last two or three updates as the clock ticked down. Luckily, we'll be able to add later, because I really want a Dagon. I'm sure by Thanksgiving, I'll have added more that that.

Favorites: Hobgoblins, carnivorous plants, Steampunk Oz, sphinx/manticore, giant centipedes...

I do wish that the farm cart had been added. I like to have a good assortment of baggage train and 'civilian' items for all of my projects.

The big guys I might not be able to even buy through the Manager are killing me. They are so awesome. I want them SO MUCH.

Anyway, Reaper, once again a HUGE thankyou for bringing miniatures to the cash and time poor! You guys are just profoundly excellent, and I hope you get freakin' rich doing it!

And that means, thank YOU, everyone who backed! (And just so I could get stuff I wanted unlocked. That was very excellent of you!)

• Like 3

Well, the Bones III Kickstarter has come to a successful conclusion.

So, opinions - was the shorter Kickstarter a good idea? A bad idea? Don't know? Don't care? (I am sure that there is a way to add polls... but danged if I know it....)

I am in the 'I don't know' category, though I am leaning towards 'Should have been longer' - and thus this question....

It seemed like there were Bones that got left out this time, and the project did seem rushed... but given that Bones has become a fairly successful line, maybe that was the intention?

If I could have entered this as a Poll we might have had:

1. Shorter Kickstarter was a Good Idea - it cut out the mid campaign doldrums!

2. Shorter Kickstarter was a Bad Idea - it should have been longer, we didn't get to see everything!

3. I don' know - just not enough information for us to tell.

4. I don't care - I spent as much as I was willing to spend anyway.

5. Mouslings!

The Auld Grump

I would say it was long enough. In fact, I think the shorter Kickstarter increased the sense of urgency (a key marketing principle) and had more $ per day than others.

True, fewer items were unlocked as the total was less but I see that as a positive: less overhead cost in production; shorter product list should equal faster fulfillment; and it already has created hype for both metal products and the next Kickstarter.

I don't know how many comments I have seen for "I guess I will buy that in metal now" or "Hopefully it is on the next one"

Always leave on a high note keep them wanting more.

• Like 5

After being at HQ yesterday with my daughter and her cousin I have been tempted to not do the Core set this go and just double up on dragons.  They were both going nuts over the painted dragons that were on display.  I don't remember the one they saw in the case that was green but that thing was pretty huge compared to the others and they were wanting it right then. I may need to go through the pledge manager with them and say "do you want this one?  how about this one?" and once I get to the $$ limit I tell them that is all they can choose.  Then maybe run through the ones they picked and ask if they REALLY like that one.  At 5 years old this process may take a week or two.

• Like 4

I plan on making the froghemoth undeniably awesome. doubters beware!

My internet has been spotty lately. I didn't get a chance to see this until today. I am 100% behind this guy if Vulture is making it. Sorta takes the sting out of not being able to get your previous version, not completely but a little. So happy to see you get to do one more. 

I wasn't able to pledge as much as I wanted to get us to stretch goals this time but I plan to add more in the pledge manager. 

• Like 1

Vulture = Enos from the KS?

I'm NatoriErk. Nice to see you all again.

That was a heck of a campaign. I am already excited for bones 4 and might have to put a buck into legendary encounters just for the comments thread.

How many are like me, deeply analyzing and rebuilding your purchase list every chance you get? I know I'm going to add money which only makes it harder. I've removed things and added things so much I'm probably going to break the pledge manager. Trouble is as a multi genre gm, I can use everything in the kickstarter and there are only like two things I don't want.

Still sad that scifi got only a single addon (space murines don't count) This was a kickstarter for fantasy / wild west /near modern games pretty much. That's OK, it was amazing, but I was really hoping for some lasers and bug-eyed aliens that aren't lame "greys"

• Like 5

I missed the last hour but will be adding that crazy angel guy and the giant to my pledge later.

Thank goodness we got my frost giantess I am getting 2 of her, and therefore 2 of the king.

I managed to keep my pledge at just over $100. I needed the crypt so yeah, and sophie, and the female pack.... throw a skull or boobs on it and it may end up in my pledge manager... 

• Like 3