Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

ladystorm

True, fewer items were unlocked as the total was less

Interestingly there were actually more total unlocks than in both Bones 1 and Bones 2 (60 unlocks in B1, 63 in B3, and 72 in B3).  Maybe the impression is that there were fewer models in each unlock?

It is hard to do an exact model count comparison but including the weapon sprues as equivalent to ~2 models, the total model count in the B2 and B3 core sets (B1 was just crazy) is similar (and there weren't any additional core unlocks in Bones 2 after 2,460,000).

So the only way the shorter time might have hurt reaper was in less total Kickstarter dollars, and a possibly crazier schedule for them.

Edited by oelwyn
  • Like 1

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot how long the Bones 2 KS campaign lasted but I do remember a lot of slow spots.  It brought in ~$3.16 milltion in that time.  Bones 3 brought in ~2.73 in a little more than half a month.  Yeah...I think it was a good thing and worked out just fine.  My wallet disagrees and the wife does too knowing I have enough backed up from the last 2 and all the ReaperCon stuff.  Time to start giving away/selling things I know will never be painted so I can make room for Bones 4 and all these monstrous minis I picked up this time.

• Like 1

Not sure what to think. While I am happy with the amazing deals and everything, it is rather sad to have the void of not checking in for the next stretch goal. As this was my first kickstarter it was a rather interesting and exciting event. On the other side, I think I won by only overspending spending 2 - 1/4 (225%) times over  my no crap limit.

I suppose its time to recover / start saving for """""Bones 4 Scruffy escapes The Vet!!!!""""

you mean Legendary Encounters this fall, right?

I will not be participating in Legendary Encounters this fall. I have a move in my future that will be involved instead. That and from what ive gathered most of legendary encounters is pre-painted and painting them is 1/2 the fun. While it would mean over a year I am really hoping Bones 4 will be in the fall. While 2.7 mill is successful I do think the timing of this even with kids being home for the summer, gencon, main vacation time for people, and several other similar time frame related reasons  is the reason this kickstarter did not break 3 or even 4 mil.

This may have been covered before, but how can I get the pledge manager to reset? It doesn't show my initial EB pledge in the manager. I have tried logging out, and back in again. That doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Reverend Shartan

Did you try the "reset all choices" link at the bottom?

This may have been covered before, but how can I get the pledge manager to reset? It doesn't show my initial EB pledge in the manager. I have tried logging out, and back in again. That doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Reverend Shartan

I think that the pledge manager isn't linked to the amount or wave we pledged for in the kickstarter yet. Reaper won't know how much each of us pledged until Kickstarter hands the money and pledger info over to them in a couple of weeks.

• Like 2

Any help is appreciated.

Reverend Shartan

I think that the pledge manager isn't linked to the amount or wave we pledged for in the kickstarter yet. Reaper won't know how much each of us pledged until Kickstarter hands the money and pledger info over to them in a couple of weeks.

That makes sense now that you mention it (duh)

Thanks Wyvernfire :)

Reverend Shartan

I really don't know enough about Reaper's private business to say whether it was "good" or "bad", but it seems to have gone smoothly and 2.7 million is nothing to sneeze at.  We got an awesome number of new models, even if we didn't 'get' everything that was teased or wished for. 

• Like 3

I stalked the second Bones, and pledged too heavily on this one (as I'm sure most first timers do).  It definitely felt more urgent, and more energetic.  I think it will be a week before I'm not reflexively checking my phone or computer whenever I pass, hoping another stretch goal has broken.  

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this has been specifically addressed yet, but I have a core set pledge question.

Someone from Reaper (Brian maybe?) said earlier in the forum discussion that we're not obligated to get a core set if we pledge at the $100 level; the only reason they have that level is because people expect it.

But on the KS page, it says "This is what your $100 pledge will get you..." to introduce the core set.

Additional core sets are $60.

My question is this: If I am planning to get a core set, is the first one $100 and duplicate copies are $60? Or can I check the $60 option initially, and I'll have a $40 cushion that I've been overlooking up to this point?

I've just been shuffling my want-list a bit, and noticed that was a bit confusing. Trying to narrow down exactly how much cushion I left myself, now.