Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

ladystorm

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- torture chamber ... I mean TORTURE chamber, right?

::D:

I'm very happy you like them.

Andy

Should've known they were yours...  <_<

Very cool, Andy!

Yeah, great job!  I especially like the Dalek disguising itself as a human by wearing a head as a hat iron maiden.

I really hope your farm animals make it to bones as well!

• Like 7

Tiefling and Dragonborn....where are they reaper...

Wotc's D&D PHBs.  Reaper's equivalent are Hellborn and Reptus.

Nope....Im not playing that bs game my friend....They are Tieflings and Dragonborn..They know exactly what Im talking about.

EDIT: To be technical...Dragonborn would be Dragonman not reptus...Reptus are completely different in style.

If you want a precise mirror of the WotC look, you're going to have to start by arranging for Reaper to get the D&D license, similar to the Pathfinder, Savage Worlds and Nemenara licenses. Aside from that, there are some pretty convincing dragonmen interspersed with the the DHL and Warlord lines. I am particularly fond of 77060, which is already in Bones.

Of course, I wouldn't say 'no' to having more similar options. :;):

• Like 4

TaleSpinner: Didn't know those were yours ... but yes, yes, yes I like them a lot. They were just what I needed because I didn't get any torture chamber stuff in Zealot's Dungeon furniture Kickstarter (Twisted Catacombs) and I regretted that a lot.

That torture chamber was probably the thing that got me from "I will stay strong and skip Bones 3 ... at least until tomorrow" to "Neeeeed nooooow" ;).

• Like 6

I missed bones 1, I got at least 1 of everything in bones 2. I'll be somewhere in between here. Money isn't really an issue, but I haven't painted anything from bones 2 yet due to life and my wife doesn't like my filing the whole attic with bones. In a few more years I'll get the mini me to help me paint everything.

• Like 5

Core set, how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways:

• giant snake
  • death dog
  • foo dog (have no use for, but so cool!)
  • guard dog
  • DONKEY
  • LIZARDMAAAAAANS
  • centipedes/beetles.  More bugs are always good for Mice and Mystics and Myth boardgames.
  • More of Tre's orcs!  I missed out on Orcpocalypse in KS1. Now I shall make my own.
  • YETIIIISSSSSS...YESSSSSS
  • New goblins!!!  SO happy about that.  I love the new sculpts.  I think they will go very well with the oldskool Ral Partha sculpts from their KS.
  • Were-critters.  ALL the were-critters.
  • OGRES. I've been waiting for these in bones since they were previewed. LOVE the sculpts!

Even at discount-retailer prices, that is definitely approaching $100 in value right there, and since I know there's a bunch more cool stuff coming, I am glad to be in on the core set.

• Like 9

I guess I'm kind of a turd. I don't mind there not being as much stuff overall, necessarily, but I'm kind of bothered by the notion of paying the same money for a core set that's far less packed than the last. Different things, different times, I know. But, again: turd.

• Like 1

upped my pledge for the 3rd time! Can't wait for this to take off again!

Jessie, stop being such an ED RN and just throw a wad of cash at this thing the way I did. I put down $300 as my starting pledge and if I get close to that amount with the add-ons I'll be upping it to $500, etc. Throw the kitchen sink at it from the get go like a good OCD critical care RN. 

• Like 5

It is VERY liberating to have supper cheep Heroes. Just last week I had a niece and nephew visiting from out of town. They wanted to join into our family game night. 

Gallon size bag of hero figures gets dumped on the table. "Feel free to rummage through the pile of figures and pick out your favorite while I go grab the paints and some brushes. And when you head home the figures are yours to keep as a memento of your fun time with us!"

**** Kids eyes bug out of their heads  *****  "Uncle Dusty, your the coolest adult ever!"

• Like 22

I have always had a two part philosophy when it comes to buying minis:

1. I use them in my games whether they are painted or not (and the light weight of bones is a lot nicer than the metal for monsters).

2. When i am in the mood/have time to paint, the mood can be fickle.  I need a large selection to choose from so that I can sate that desire with something I really want to paint, instead of settling for just a few that I have on hand.  (I have many minis from the 80's and 90's that I still haven't painted, many of which are rare and worth a quite a lot now.)

So, if a large portion of my collection goes unpainted, so be it.  It still gets used and loved.

To that end, do yourself a favor and build a large collection of little critters; support the Bones III KS. You know you want to.  :devil:

• Like 11

I also agree that some people who backed all the KS might not be in on this one due to saturation.  Sucks for people like me who weren't into the hobby for KS 1 and 2, and sucks if we don't manage to unlock all the goodies of course. 

I'm in on this one, even though I've only painted maybe 20 - 30 minis from the first two kickstarters (and I got nearly EVERYTHING from both). I love Reaper, even if I kind of disappeared from the forums because life. I still want to support them in at least some way, so I'm at least getting the base pledge here.

But I'm getting ready to move to China for a year. A year without a job while my wife works on her dissertation. Can't really take minis and painting supplies with me, so no more progress there. I'm hoping to get a couple of books written, which would be awesome... but who knows.

That also makes it hard for me to go really big like the last two times. I'm feeling a touch guilty for even the 100 bucks I threw in now... but I'll also be bummed if I don't get anything at all.

Still, if I do get those books written, and even better, manage to sell them... then I'll have a lot more time for mini painting. And I'll have even more minis waiting for me ^_^

• Like 7

My 16th anniversary is coming up later this month. Surely the wife would approve of me dropping a ton of money on this, and cooking her a nice TV dinner at home, right?

Best not to ask, I suppose. I'm sure she would side with you bunch of enablers. 

Somewhere in there is a great bone/bones joke just waiting to happen.  :ph34r:

• Like 7