Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

awwwwww ... what news?

just hoping for a Froghemoth & 5 headed dragon.

I have good news and bad news...

(Or possibly good news and unclear news)

Froghemouth is pretty distinctive and owned by someone, so they have stated that he's not going to be available.  Now, they could be sneaky and put in a Kaniira isn't really a Tarasque stand in, but it would have to be pretty different (maybe disappointingly so) to not be an obvious proxy.

• Like 3
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damnit. the CSM one won't be released due to the bankruptcy most likely.

GF9 has one but not sure when/if it will be released (it was shown @ gencon last year) 

May have to attempt to sculpt my own :(

Sanjay

So is this like last time, where more can be added onto an order AFTER the Kickstarter has ended? I want to hop on now, but due to being on bi-weekly pay, and this Kickstarter being absurdly short (to me), I want to just grahb a spot and worry about adding funds later. But if that's a no-go this time around, I may have to just pass up this time.

• Like 2

So is this like last time, where more can be added onto an order AFTER the Kickstarter has ended? I want to hop on now, but due to being on bi-weekly pay, and this Kickstarter being absurdly short (to me), I want to just grahb a spot and worry about adding funds later. But if that's a no-go this time around, I may have to just pass up this time.

Yes, but to get the full kickstarter prices you need to pledge SOMETHING during the Kickstarter.  (Wave 10 post Kickstarter pledgers ended up paying 30% more or so in most cases for Bones 2)  Find a $1 pledge and grab it, or help everyone and just start at the $100 marker. :)

Edited by Lochar
  • Like 3

Yep, anything you pledge during the KS helps unlock stretch goals, so every little bit helps.

And also yep, joining after the end last time, I paid $150 for the core set and more for everything else, too.

• Like 2

$50,000 to go to get the Ogres locked in.  You know, given their size and detail, once those guys get in the core set, that core set becomes a really great deal.  Those three alone in metal would run you $60.

Once the Ogres are in, the Core set comes to $1.05 per mini.

Edited to correct the price of the metal ogres.

• Like 9

It seems to me, that Tianot will be "colossal" sized when done. So I will be storing her next to our colossal red dragon from wotc. I think they will make a very impressive shelf in the d&d room.

He's 9x9, so I imagine I'll be buying one of those wooden plaques from hobby lobby to base her.

• Like 6

$50,000 to go to get the Ogres locked in.  You know, given their size and detail, once those guys get in the core set, that core set becomes a really great deal.  Those three alone in metal would run you $40+.

Yeah, I traded melt for one of the metal ones at ReaperCon (I am assuming these are the same sculpts?) They are quite nice.

Of course, we all know TaleSpinner just wants more core sets sold to get more implements of torture into people's hands for painting. :devil:

• Like 7

$50,000 to go to get the Ogres locked in.  You know, given their size and detail, once those guys get in the core set, that core set becomes a really great deal.  Those three alone in metal would run you $40+.

Yeah, I traded melt for one of the metal ones at ReaperCon (I am assuming these are the same sculpts?) They are quite nice.

Of course, we all know TaleSpinner just wants more core sets sold to get more implements of torture into people's hands for painting. :devil:

:devil:

Actually, I want more stretch goals and expansion sets so we can see all the other goodies yet to come.   ::P:

• Like 6

Find a $1 pledge and grab it, or help everyone and just start at the $100 marker.

Back it for what ever you wish to. You don't have to ONLY pledge a $1 or $100 to join. I think this gets lost in the enthusiasm sometimes. New to Kickstarter backers don't know these things.

If you think you want to spend $27, or $131, or $7,  or $734 on this project, you can pledge that amount. You'd pick either the $1 reward level or the $100 reward level (which ever fits your amount pledged) during the Backing Process, but you don't have to pledge only those amounts. You can (yes, I know a lot of you think this is blasphemy) even chose to not receive any items, because you wish to just donate money to help the project.

If you chose to raise or lower your pledge amount, you can do so at any time until the project closes on Saturday 7/25. That is when the money will actually be charged to your card.

Post project, our Pledge Calculator will be converted over to a Pledge Manager and you must allocate your pledge through that. At that time, you can add more funds however they do not help unlock goals like an increased amount during the run of the project do. Post project, you are unable to lower your pledge.

Changing your pledge amount will not change your reward selection (shipping wave) unless you pick a different one during that process. (a FAQ I'm seeing)

Remember, only you know what works financially for your situation.

Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 10

It seems to me, that Tianot will be "colossal" sized when done. So I will be storing her next to our colossal red dragon from wotc. I think they will make a very impressive shelf in the d&d room.

He's 9x9, so I imagine I'll be buying one of those wooden plaques from hobby lobby to base her.

Not not-Tianot, although I imagine it'll be about this size.  This one stands a bit taller than Khanjira.

post-13880-0-52062200-1424388773_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

*yaawwwwn* *scritch* *scritch*

So, I went to bed early. Did we unlock anything cool after I went to...

*drops mug*

Ohmygod.

I figured you'd like the new reveal.

I do, I really do.  So far in this kickstarter I'm in a weird place where I have no complaints about anything revealed, but much of it doesn't thrill me either.  Like the ogres and the goblins.  They are very nice ogres and goblins, I mean they look awesome.  I'm glad to see them in because variety of style is good.  There's thus no problem with them being in it or much to complain about, except that they each represent the third iteration of ogres and goblins.  So it's great they're there, but it's hard for me to get excited about them. 

Vrids and Kyravarath really light my fuse, though. 

• Like 9