Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

ladystorm

I was really hoping for the new map reveal...maybe even more than a goal (I know, blasphemy). It would give us more specific stuff to speculate over.

I'm sure that'll come ... in ... oh about $18K now (when we get the arsenal).

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How big are these ogres say compared to the Bones / LE  Ogre chieftain? Similar size or is the size more like Ogre chieftain = D&D 5E half ogre (4HD) / new BJ Ogres = D&D 5E Ogre (7 Hit dice)?

Judging by the metal ogres Bobby sculpted they are a solid 2 inches tall at a glance, and look to be based on 1.5" square bases.

Yeah, they are 50mm at the head and 60mm-ish to top of weapon.

• Like 3

Ub3r... just point him to your diaroma thread. Id5 look it up, but your a very prolific poster, and searching from my phone is not great

Good call.

How big are these ogres say compared to the Bones / LE  Ogre chieftain? Similar size or is the size more like Ogre chieftain = D&D 5E half ogre (4HD) / new BJ Ogres = D&D 5E Ogre (7 Hit dice)?

Judging by the metal ogres Bobby sculpted they are a solid 2 inches tall at a glance, and look to be based on 1.5" square bases.

Yeah, they are 50mm at the head and 60mm-ish to top of weapon.

Here's my diorama using 2 of them.

• Like 10

Numbers Based on 2300-2400 Reaper time today:
Total to Next Goal - $14,711
Current Average Pledge - $109.15
New Backers This Hour - 13
Gain in last Hour - $2,764.00

Total gained today: $87,729 (only the first 3 and last 3 days of Bones 2 beat this. The mid-days are where the gamble is. We will soon see what happens.)

Edited by Talae
  • Like 3

The first several are from ReaperMatt:

You see Bryan has been too lenient this year because there are pictures floating around the web.... But that does't guaranty those items will end up in the Kickstarter...

@Reaper - will we get the next SG and new map revealed at $950 or $1 mil.?

So @reaper (matt) were you given the power to post the next updatenif we achieve it before bryan returns?

Sorry folks, I don't have the assets. I didn't ask Bryan if he was able to take care of it tonight or not. And I haven;t seen the maps so I have no idea how it changes or when.

The weapons will be cast in polystyrene and will be an undetermined (as yet) gray color.

Like the Wings for the Clockwork Dragon, Matt?

Very similar, but if you have seen the dumpster, the foot locker or the container, like that. Hard plastic like a classic car, air plane, or ship model kit.

@reaper any close up pictures of what the rigid bonesium looks like?

@Eric Butler - it's the same plastic all of our bases are made of, but not black.

So, Matt/Bryan. Weapons made in-house for the KS on Thomas?

@Shakandara - Correct. We will probably have China do the initial run for us.

From Izzy aka Talin:

Fun fact: One of the figures that may or may not appear in this kickstarter was one partially modeled after me.

It isn't a human.

I need better sculptor friends.

I just peeked a stretch goal or two into your future. To quote Bobby Jackson, "OH, MYLANTA!" ;)

The rest are from ReaperBryan:

@Nate - in the end, people are upset only because they are excited, and disappointed that the deal is not "perfect: and/or could be better. We try to make it a good value, with great models for a great price, and hope that the value offsets the inconveniences of customs, shipping, and time.

@Janice - the "24 bonus figures" of the Core may not be purchased separately. The only way to get them is to get the Core Set.

@Reaper speaking with ROW backers last night they questioned Bones 2 having shipping cost added to value and that it placed a big chunk on them from additional customs fees. Is it possible for shipping to not be added in such-and-such way this time.

Second thing ROW backers pay actual shipping while US backers get free. Is it possible to give ROW backers a discount on the core set equivalent to roughly what US backers shipping would be?

@nate - we appreciate the feedback. That additional labour and tracking for international parcels is a significant part of why we do not offer them a discount. US backers do not require any special paperwork, handling, or tracking. There are also practical concerns behind why separate levels do not exist for non-US backers, which would be the only way to "discount the core" from $100 to $93.

Ultimately, we label the parcels in the manner consistent with the law, which mans a value of the items, and a value of shipping paid, and a total combining the two. Some countries use the item value only, some require by law the shipping paid, and some use the combined total. We cannot help that or mark the parcels in any different way.

I know these aren't the answers you hoped for, but I do hope it helps somewhat.

Back soon with more!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 10

Numbers Based on 0000-0100 Reaper time today:
Total to Next Goal - $12,920
Current Average Pledge - $109.14
New Backers This Hour - 17
Gain in last Hour - $1,791.00

Terrific ReaperBryan interview with Bones III spoilers. Don't listen if you don't want to hear the terrain spoilers!!

Spoiler at like 6:45min or so.

Preview I found I Facebook:

10940425_814671721902625_660578644768494

This comment went with it: "Hi Folks, I’m very excited to announce Jake and I have been invited to create a special project which will be a part of the current Reaper Bones III Kickstarter. This will be a special 'guest spot' for a Victoria Miniatures piece, and will appear approximately half way through the campaign. This piece is being specifically designed with Bones in mind, it will be cast in grey PVC, not the usual Bones white.
I assure you I have no intention (or the cash) at this point, to retool the entire range in PVC. This project is currently a one off, that will give me the experience of working on project for metal tooling, and will expose Vic Minis to a whole new audience. It will be a good learning exercise, and I look forward to hearing customer feedback. It gives Jake and I the chance to make a big plastic kit without the usual risk and expense. Best of all Bones will enable us to offer if for an insanely cheap price if purchased as part of the KS. It will also be available after the KS from Vic Minis, and we have lots of resin add ons already in the works.
It’s still a work in progress so I'll be posting some more pics in the next few days.
Cheers, V " Edited by ladystorm
merged sequential posts
  • Like 6

Infobits, Part 2!

Pledge Manager is giving me a session time out message when I try to recalculate.

@Edmayhall - log out and back in.

@karl lindemann - We have previewed a 5 headed dragon that many of our fans believe is a Tiamat analogue. We have declared most definitively that it is NOT Tiamat. Thus they have christened it "tianot" because this is the internet.

We have not yet announced the official name, but it is NOT Tianot.

@Jared Strawdinger - Traditionally we introduce Mr/Mrs. Bones in the Core closer to the end of the project.

@AWS - Core Level does not mandate that you spend your pledge on a core Set. Keep the wave you have and choose to spend your pledged dollars on whatever rewards you want.

A lot of people with Wishlists are going to be very happy at future reveals...

Texas Tax? Didn't pay tax on the last 2 Bones.

@Mark Arvidson - We charged Sales Tax for Bones II. It's even in the Bones II FAQ.

Is the tax across the board, or only Texas residents?

@Mark - only for those with Shipping Addresses in Texas.

@reaper do you guys ever post sale stats on your popular / unpopular minis?

@Eric - pretty much never, no. I will occasionally indicate "popular vs. not" but never give details.

@Reaper: First off, that Kayra/Lavarath sculpt looks wonderful! I see a lot discussion of "Will the saddle come off? Will the Rider come off? Will there be a hole?" and I see your responses of (paraphrased) "Time will tell as the sculpt is prepped for mass production".

Would you consider exploring the option of including a "plate" to fill the whole, if one is produced, so that the saddle/rider can be "hot swapped" based on user preference? While neat, I don't know if it's feasible or economical....

@Spade - given that we don't know the mold makers requirements, we won't know to cult a plate that would fit.

Quote limit reached, back for more!

EDIT: The forum seems to be doing weird things to my formatting; perhaps it's choking on too many quotes in one post.  :unsure: 

EDIT EDIT: Okay, looks like I fixed it. 

Huzzah!

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 6

Infobits part the third!

@Reaper did Mrs Bones lose a life in one room? I though she had 2 extras before. Did I miss this explanation before?

@Cimmerian - she loses lives and gains lives on occasion. It's not indicative of anything affecting the project or rewards, just something I do when I think the "monster" she is fighting is tough.

@reaper- just outta curiosity... can you give us any clues as to a possible meaning behind the items in Mrs. Bones inventory?

@Shane Main - It's literally me telling the story Mrs. Bones collecting and using items as she goes. For example, she picked up a sword in the room with the sword racks.

There is no "in project" meaning. I'm just having fun.

@Weresheep - the Fomorian is new form the Core 30, all others are metal being turned to Bones. All 4 Heroes of Heroes I are new.

@Thes - Ron made many of the Stretch Goal images, but I (Bryan) made the maps. Izzy made the first Mrs. Bones Sprite, and I made the animated variants.

@Tiniest Rhombus - in our METAL version Kyra can be removed. The mold engineers will make decision based on many factors, and it is possible that they will change the location of cuts and seams, up to and including joining them in the mold so removal requires cutting.

@Aryanun - Roller Girl is an unlikely reward, but your request is noted.

I cannot reply individually to every request, but we do read them and make notes. You guys type way faster than I do

@Reaper - One of the questions I keep seeing about Kyra and Lavarath is can you remove the riding saddle without leaving a gaping hole in Lavarath's back? Can the dragon work on it's own without modification.

@Paul Unger - there will likely be a small hole, yes.

@Reaper,

Is there any chance we could get a better look at that mutated Ogre. That is such a crazy unique mini, but I can't see all the details.

@Adam Waters - a video is planned for early next week. We will add them to the list.

@reaper do I correctly remember you guys saying that core expansion options would be up today or was that a pleasant dream?

@Eric Butler - we indicated that they would be up in the future. Today is the future from that perspective, but we never promised today.

Better cut the post off here to keep the formatting happy. :)

Huzzah!

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 8

Infobits the fourth and final!

@Reaper: Are those bases the same as the bases in last Kickstarter?

@Weresheep - yes.

I wonder what % of Reaper's catalog is now available in Bonesium...

@Keilinger - approximately 1/8th.

Someone asked yesterday, since the mounted dragon in metal came with three torsos, in bones will it just come with Kyra?

@GK - We never did alternate Torsos for Kyra. I believe someone is confused with our Pegasus riders, Burros and Tempest.

@Reaper - are you liking all the @Reaper questions?

@Baphomet - it helps us determine questions from idle chatter, so yes.

@reaper - any chance we will see some Yuan-ti figs

@Roakor - there is always a chance. We shall see if we get that high ;)

Is there a Kyra figure without the dragon, unmounted?

@Aryanun - I am not aware of a non-mounted Kyra sculpt

@Reaper- any chance for a Mrs. Bones mini to go with the Mr. Bones from last KS???

@Shane Main - I'd say chances are amazingly good, although it is planned for later in the campaign (closer to the end).

Is there some reason people keep calling her Tianot? She's not IP, you know.

(from Wax Eagle)@shakandra the way I've heard it is tiamat is not IP, and five headed dragons aren't IP, but a five headed dragon named tiamat is IP

@Wax Eagle is correct. Ina addition, His official name is not Tiamat. Since we have not announced the official names, this has become "Tianot" in the way of the internet...

@Ryan Blackstock - the Ogres are 2" to the tops of their adorable heads. Sir Forscale is 1 3/8" to the top of his helmet.

Huzzah!

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 17

Is there a way to turn off that horrible autoplay on the videos?

I don't know if anyone answered, but it's a stupid script they are using. I'm using adblock to disable it. Unfortunately, it also removes the video. Stupid kickstarter "improving " nothing.

• Like 1

This is so weird. I was super hyped last KS, this time around I feel a lot more balanced!

Since last time I have both gotten into Warmachine/Hordes and gotten a large box of bones in the mail  :devil:

That dragon + rider sure looks sweet tho!

More terrain looks promising. Stone circles doesn't really do it for me, those are the easiest things to make yourself..

• Like 3