Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

ladystorm

So has a campaign begun to get everyone that is a backer to add just $10 more?  I would be on for that.  Trying to keep myself from adding $100 more knowing it would not make a big difference with me being the only one to do it. :)

I'd do it if others do it... 

Let me start this adventure.  I just bumped mine up from $200 to $250. (assuming it will get to $300 by the time everything is finalized like KSII.)

I bumped to $400.

Somebody else bump their pledge...

• Like 3

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Bones 3 for me I think. The backlog is too large, and I get murdered between shipping, exchange rates, and tax. Essentially, everything is <price>*2 because of those factors.

I am watching the KS with mild interest though. I've put the following on my wishlist:

- Marthrangul

- Mouslings

- Kyra & Lavarath

- Paint Set B

If I put them all into the pledge calculator, they tally up to $71. Add on $20 for shipping = $90 USD. Convert to CAD = $115. Add 5% tax = $120 CAD for 12 paints, 2 "epic" minis, aUnd 8 mouslings. That's way too much money.

Considering I have about 250+ minis still to paint from Bones 1 and 2, adding 10 more at a price of $12 each is steep. Even if you strip out the paints and say 10 minis for $10 each, it's still crazy.

Reaper offers free shipping over $35 to Canada. I'm better off waiting for retail prices and paying $0 shipping. Mouslings will probably retail for $10-$15 (not much KS discount on those IMO, I find it hard to believe Reaps would charge more than $2 for a "small"-sized mini), the paints are $3.50 each = $40 US, and Kyra will probably retail for ~$35-$50. So I'd pay $85-$100 USD.

Still, Reaper runs a fun Kickstarter and I'm enjoying the ride even if I'm not on board this time :)

Know the feeling, but for me it's a first and I really like what I'm seeing as a newbie so I'm all in for pledging in this kickstarter. Like I said in a previous post, I will send the order in the USA close to the Border therefore alleviating the cost of shipping to Canada. I will take take delivery myself and cross the border dealing directly with Canadian Custom. I have done this often in the past and it makes a big difference when you deal directly with CBSA officers at the Border rather than let the package being handled in the shipper warehouse. I'm still taking a hit at the currency conversion but hey that's life in Canada... Edited by Voxpopuli
  • Like 3

Repeat above as often as necessary. It is not required that you use any of your pledge on rewards, but failure to select any items means we will never know what to ship you

You guys chased pretty hard on the stragglers from Bones 2.  Did you finally get everyone or did you have to issue any refunds for ID:10T errors?

We had about a dozen people that are still in limbo. Too late for automated refunds, no contact to determine the best possible method to clear it up.

I like metal for my own PCs, but as a PFS GM who frequently runs public games, I appreciate the durability of Bones as loaner minis.

A lot of role players lack the experience to know how to properly handle a painted miniature.

• Like 11

I like the Henge, but I wonder about the viability of more generic terrain/scenery elements in Bones.  Stuff like fences, hedges, boxes and crates, that could be used in a lot of settings.  I know there are companies that sell terrain, but they aren't Reaper, and it seems like Bonesium would be a perfect low cost option for a bunch of that stuff.

• Like 4

I like the Henge, but I wonder about the viability of more generic terrain/scenery elements in Bones.  Stuff like fences, hedges, boxes and crates, that could be used in a lot of settings.  I know there are companies that sell terrain, but they aren't Reaper, and it seems like Bonesium would be a perfect low cost option for a bunch of that stuff.

I have some old resin rock walls from Armorcast that I got back in the mid 90s. They would be awesome in Bones.  They were about a half inch wide, about an inch tall,a nd came in various lengths. 

• Like 4

I did two sizes of crates, two sizes of barrels, sacks, jars, a table, a bench, and a bookcase for the Bones II KS.  They either are available now at retail or will be soon.

• Like 14

I prefer all D&D minis in bones now. No matter how careful I am with my mini I always rub paint off.

Or it gets knocked off the table.

Or the cat sits on it.

The stuff you can do with a bones mini! You can give painted bones (they do love the orcs)  to 3 year old boy twins. They will step on them they will kick them, they will throw them across the room... and they still are fine :)

Edited by Bathory
  • Like 15