Bones Kickstarter #3 Discussion

ladystorm

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all of the add-ons that I want, we still haven't hit my baseline pledge of $300 that I put down at the onset so I'm happily just sitting back and watching it grow. I'd love to see us tick past another goal today, despite it being the weekend.

• Like 7

They are out of $1 pledge levels! Hoping we hit that goal today. Looking forward to some add ons that I can use to raise my pledge level. I know they are out there hiding!

They'll add another shipping wave for the $1 pledges. Have no fear.

• Like 4

At the moment the average pledge is almost $113.

At first this just struck me as normal.  Then I remembered that there are at least 2,500 $1 pledgers.

• Like 9

I upped my pledge accordingly this morning to deal with the add-ons I want. I would not be adverse to upping it more for more add-ons that I want.

I do have a hard ceiling on what I'm willing to spend however. 

• Like 3

At the moment the average pledge is almost $113.

At first this just struck me as normal.  Then I remembered that there are at least 2,500 $1 pledgers.

The deceptive part is that a $1 pledger could be anywhere from $1 to Whatever..

If you run with the random wild elf guess that ever $100 backer is actually in for $125, then divide what's left by 1500 of the $1 backers... You end up with your average $1 backer still in for 53.

The average $100 backer can't be in for $150 yet, because that puts the total from $100 backers over the total raised. So we know their average is under $150.

It would be interesting to see how many of the $1 backers are really just at $1 and haven't added yet.  I don't even know if there's anywhere that statistic could be pulled other than by the Reaper folks, and i bet they aren't sharing. 

If there are a ton of $1 pledgers still at low levels, the goal would be to entice them with more addons as many of them might just be here for addons.

If there are a lot of $100 pledgers coming in over the last few days then the core would be the draw and improving the core would be a goal to get more $100+ pledge level folks in.

Of course at this point this is all number guessing theory.  I would imagine anything I can think up in terms of number levels, pledges and coercing more pledge dollars in has been analyzed 6 ways from Sunday by the folks at Reaper already.  So instead of staring at a web page, I think it might be time to head to the reaper game store here local and see if I can't pick up something to paint.  Nothing in my current "waiting to paint" queue is really calling to me today.

• Like 3

I stand at 150$ ( includes shipping), I will definetely get both paint sets ( if it comes maybe even a third).

So far at least the arsenal and the black corsairs. Kyra and Lavarath for sure.

If something more interesting come up, I will switch funds, but else the lycanthropes and maybe a dragon.

Still hoping to see the new succubus, crossing my fingers for any prehistoric mammal or dino ( a guy can hope right?).

Female barbarian tribe?

• Like 4

Basic data for today so far.

Time Backers Pledges
100 9147 $1,031,430
200 9151 $1,032,144
300 9153 $1,032,458
400 9159 $1,033,213
500 9161 $1,033,202
600 9163 $1,033,359
700 9164 $1,033,761
800 9171 $1,034,509
***900 9178 $1,035,257 ***
1000 9183 $1,036,555
1100 9193 $1,037,844
1200 9205 $1,039,319

***I do not have the 0900 hour data and instead just used the previous two hours to estimate what it might have been so that the rest of my statistics can be written. Let me know if you happen to have that time slot.

Edited by Talae
  • Like 4

My pledge is currently either spot on at $160 or a bit high, depending on whether I get the full core set or whether I just add on the bits I want.  The core currently has to add a few more cool things to win me over. 

Which is fine, honestly.  I know eventually something awesome is bound to turn up...  ^_^

• Like 2

My pledge is currently either spot on at $160 or a bit high, depending on whether I get the full core set or whether I just add on the bits I want.  The core currently has to add a few more cool things to win me over. 

Which is fine, honestly.  I know eventually something awesome is bound to turn up...  ^_^

I've seen similar comments to this a couple of times, and it honestly baffles me a bit. I think this Core has more wins and must-haves for me than either of the previous two, and I didn't have many complaints about the previous two. ^_^

Likewise, the only Optional pledge I've turned down thus far was Paint Set 2, because I already have 1/3 to 1/2 of it (and would rather order the remainders immediately rather than wait, if I decide I must have them).

Different (paint) strokes for different folks, obviously.

• Like 8

We haven't seen a pathfinder set yet, but Bryan alluded yesterday that it was coming. One of the posters gave a wishlist, and Bryan let slip that *some* on the list were slated to be bonesified.

I have a long wishlist (and own a fair number of metal releases already), but would love (and buy multiples of) the following:

Aglanda: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Pathfinder/latest/60136(I have almost bought this one 4x)

Any of the ogres (I'm painting two in metal. They're so heavy and expensive!) http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Pathfinder/latest/60027

Red mantis assassins (I own one, but they're mooks, so more are always needed!) http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Pathfinder/latest/60049

Grey Maidens: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Pathfinder/latest/60025(Again, on my short list for almost buying)

We need more royalty: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Pathfinder/latest/60075 King Castruccio Irovetti, or Jade Regent: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Pathfinder/latest/60097, or Queen Ileosa: http://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/pathfinder/latest/60031

And add any of the others and I'll be happy.

Edited by gmpathfinder
  • Like 2

Yeah, LK that's sort of where I'm stuck, actually...  I'd like to order multiples of some things (weapon sprue, invisible people, Lycanthropes) and honestly I could wait and get the things I want from the original portion of the core later.  It's not that I don't like it, it's that I can wait.  I'm actually thinking the same as you on the paint, I'm only pledging for new colors because I want to be able to buy existing colors now if I decide I need them. There's nothing wrong with retail sales, I've heard Reaper is rather fond of the concept.  :;):

I do rather think that the balance will tip on the core, I just figured it was worth evaluating.  ^_^

• Like 4