I love doing scenes and i took a lot of time doing this one. I tried many times to heat up in water the candleabras but they just would not straighten out. if someone knows a trick or two send 'em my way. Putting in the tiles one by one took a long while, had to stop regularly because the glue gave me headaches after a while. It was all worth it.

post-14038-0-15100400-1436025573_thumb.jpg

post-14038-0-35196100-1436025611_thumb.jpg

post-14038-0-00058000-1436025733_thumb.jpg

post-14038-0-40453500-1436025767_thumb.jpg

• Like 11
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty cool; nice job!!

As for the candelabra--did you use hot water or boiling water? Boiling water is what you want. That said, I don't know how it'll work with painted things.

• Like 2

If the PVC is being too stubborn for heat treatment, you can run a wire or a paper clip through the middle.  Then you can bend it straight.  In this case I'd sharpen the end of the wire and run it up through the bottom of the base.  Might stab a needle through first to make a guide path.  No need to heat the wire or the needle.

Second what Kitchen Wolf said about a wire up through the middle.  Though, first I might try boiling water, leaving the mini in there for a good minute or so and then holding it straight while dousing it with cold water for another minute or so.  It just...works.  I've never seen a Bonesium piece not hold the shape I put it in...  You may need to repaint after the boiling, but it's a small price to pay.  Keep it up, I dig the throne/summoning orb part particularly. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.