Sign in to follow this  
Jaws

Custom Redemptionist #2

Second character pieced together from the bits pile. Flagellants and techno priest parts. Sword.. might be lizard men bit. 

Not happy with the osl here, but it's for the tabletop, so I might just flesh it out later. :)

post-13938-0-82638500-1436244153_thumb.jpg

post-13938-0-17172000-1436244156_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jaws
  • Like 16

I think your right, looks like one of the lizard,en swords to me. He's very cool. Love what you've done here. The flesh is especially interesting. Care to share how you did it?

I think your right, looks like one of the lizard,en swords to me. He's very cool. Love what you've done here. The flesh is especially interesting. Care to share how you did it?

This is all done in two-step GW paint style. Bronzed Flesh, washed with Seraphim Sepia.  

The right side of his chest was washed with a dark red wash after the above dried. I added some water to the edges of the washed area, after application, to make it blend more seamlessly.

The entire miniature was drybrushed with something similar to bleached bone as a final painting step.

Weathering was done with a thin black, and brown, ink, on an almost dry brush. Then I just stomped it all over to leave weathering marks. 

The last step really ruins your brush, so if you try it, use one with an already ruined bust. 

Edited by Jaws
  • Like 1

Oh my this looks amazing. Great conversion and great paint job. After the bruised/burnt flesh looks fantastic. Also really like the metallic look on his skirt and the lighting effects on it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      I wasn't planning on ever doing any more Work In Progress threads (The number of threads I've abandoned outnumber my finished threads by a pretty ridiculous amount at this point), but I'm trying to get back into the habit of painting every day and my brain is being a real jerk about it (he'd be a lot happier if I gave up on this whole painting nonsense and just stared mindlessly at a screen all day).
      So the idea is if I post an update a day, regardless of how much progress I've made, I'll shame myself into making sure I've done enough for a worthwhile update or something.

Day 1 (Which was yesterday):-

The King and his Seahorse have been undercoated, washed and I've started on the base, I got part way through applying the pumice paste before I realised I couldn't get to the middle without getting it all over the Seahorses tail/tentacles/tail-acles?
      Today I want to try and finish the base, and maybe start on the Seahorse. 
    • By aku-chan
      "During the opening stages of the Great War, it was quickly discovered that the human mind was too fragile for soldiers to spend any time in areas that had been heavily corrupted by Void Space.
      One of the solutions to this problem was to lift the restrictions on deploying Automaton Troopers to the front-lines. Drawing power from naturally occurring energy fields and equipped with self repair and competent AI systems, they could theoretically operate indefinitely without contact with their human creators.
      However, despite being deployed in large numbers, in the end they did little to halt the advance of the Void.

Centuries later, many can still be found and most pose a threat to the humans they once served.
      This particular model, now known as a Flower Knight due to the flora it spontaneously generates around itself, is not openly hostile to anyone it comes across but will not tolerate any damage to the gardens they both create and guard."

Presenting the Flower Knight from Kingdom Death.

This is another one from the Cupboard of Unfinished ThingsTM that's been waiting for me to bring it back to the table for a final painting session or two. It's not a patch on the many, many other Flower Knights out there on the Inter-webs, but I'm really pleased with it.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody,

just got finished with this little lady last night, a female cleric from the Hackmaster series, sculpted by Jim Johnson.  Like usual, looking at everything so closely I can see so many glaring errors, but I give up, must enjoy what I've done and not complain.  

This little cleric lady looks kind of nun-like, but I didn't want to do her with blacks and whites so went for reds, oranges and yellows instead. Maybe she worships some kind of fire god, who knows?

Anyway, fun figure to paint and has that characteristic Jim John face, angular and a good time to paint:

My metals turned out I thought really blue, and upon reflection, the breastplate would have looks really cool were it to have been black, but  maybe for my next female cleric, who knows?

And just in case you're curious, she is wearing a shoe, but it ended up getting a little too hidden in the grass.

So anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By aku-chan
      Yet another new mini, this time it's The Visarch, a mysterious Elfin knight.

I wasn't actually planning on starting him yet, but made a nice dark red mix for something else that I thought would look great on the inside of his cape:-

It's 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > Black Wash > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black with a brushtipful of Ochre Yellow.

Since this guy jumped the queue it could be a while before anything else happens to him.
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)