I'd rather just spend all that money on making a totally killer man cave/game room, and then having all the benefits of a game store, but only having to allow people *I* want to hang out with.

For some reason, I see you in your basement all by yourself.  

This is starting to bring to mind a thread from a while back in which someone complained that their FLGS wasn't so F... apparently, the staff had an attitude of "If we don't already know you and you don't buy half a K of GW at a time, you're not worth our time."

Now I'm starting to wonder if that hobby shop wasn't just a storefront equivalent of someone's basement...

That is a good way to put it, I think I have been to stores like that as well. Hmmm

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully I am already so swamped by unpainted figures (and more on the way from a couple Kickstarters) that I'm not very tempted to buy more...well except for Imperial Assault. Then there's a whole bunch of X-Wing figures I don't have....

Oh, and they have Battletech figures too...

Oh crap.

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch
  • Like 5

Very very dangerous... I had a very large used book store a block away from my house back in H.S and college... very dangerous...

Part of me says, "Oh, squee! How awesome!" and part of me says, "Oh, you poor bastich."

From working in a game store... I could also add to the t-Shirt ideas:

I AM NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND.

"...AND NEVER WILL BE." Some folks don't take a hint so good.

• Like 7

Tru story bro.

I do not doubt you for a minute.

San Antonio store I was talking about earlier, with the extremely patient manager? A nice lady worked there. Had pink hair. She could tell you stories. Horrifying stories that would destroy your sleep for days and eradicate your sex drive and your faith in humanity for about as long, the kind of stories that makes me wanna go to Cheezburger and look at cute kitty pictures until the horrors in my head fade into the background.

• Like 2

At the time I had a habit of dressing in a baggy Metallica t-shirt, and a paint covered flannel shirt. I did not in any way undergo any type of girlish embellishment of my features. All because I just wanted to be one of the guys, and this helped me one of the guys. And it still happened. I only perish the thought of how bad it would have been if I had myself attractive, or done something like make my hair pink. (Have no idea why brightly colored hair is such a 'must have' feature for some men, but it's like it turns off their brains or something.)

• Like 3

(Rereads last couple of replies. Types thoughts. Looks at thoughts. Edits thoughts. Looks at thoughts again. Decides not to reply, and deletes thoughts.)

• Like 7

Sweet! There is a new gaming store in my town, and it's only a block away from my house!

That's it really, just excited about having a store so close.

& just think of all the money saved on not using gas that can be used on gaming goodies.

I'd love to see a game store in my town. The card shop in town is good for Wizard products & he has GW send him info (thou their requirements are waaaaaay out of his league for his store) but things like minis & things related to them is a no go. I'd love to get Pathfinder stuff from him but he doesn't have a distributer for them.

mom & pop hobby shop is my model supplies shop (no model unless I buy a Revell or Round2 product, sorry for not supporting local but when I can buy from a shop in China for almost 3 times less for what they want on a Tamiya or other Japanese brand kit....). They too also had offers from GW & I think I can get product from them but why when I can buy other things that equal or better quality elsewhere.

Many years ago we had a New Age shop that sold 2nd ed. D&D products (heck I helped them stock their shelves on what to carry, helped I had a thing for the owner's daughter..... ^_^

• Like 3

There are magic hobby shops out there.

They usually have gaming space, and often have merchandise from the dawn of time. You know, like from 1974. Places like this usually don't exactly have sales, but merch can be had for the price it originally sold for... or sometimes, for a little more. Invariably, you can spend hours in there because there's just so MUCH stuff to look at.

Cherish those shops. Sometimes they go out of business...

• Like 4