• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thrym
      WizKids Dungeons & Dragons
      HELLBORN TROLL

I present to you the almost nuclear looking troll that utilizes FolkArt's Ultra Dye "Purple Rain" as its inspiration and base shadow and wash.  Also included in the skin triad are Reaper Blood Red and Reaper Brilliant Red for the highlights.

I'll add the remaining paint list later when they are in front of me.  For now, pictures:

Some close up shots:

Enjoy!
    • By lexomatic
      So. I decided to try and make some ponds... Maybe with other water features.
      I have 2 silicone mats and several hot glue guns. I used both and used a fondant roller to flatten things out.
      I'm going to try a few things. This is about 1-1.5in x 2+in

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

For International Mini Painting Month I'm bearly getting started...

Grrrrr,
      Kev!
    • By Thrym
      Hellborn Troll
      from WizKids' Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures

I stopped at AC Moore today and picked up one of the FolkArt Pickling Washes I didn't have while my wife was shopping for school play costume materials.  Nearby I found FolkArt Ultra Dyes and picked up two colors to check out; Purple Rain and Pucker Up (a yellow).

I have enjoyed using the Glass Enamels with the long cure time before and thought these might work similarly.   I decided to wash my troll with the Purple Rain to see how it comes out and goes on.

It's fairly thick out of the bottle but I might not have shaken it enough.  It was taking forever to dry so I hit it with some Testors Dullcote to speed the process and reduce the shine.  It's glossy like inks.

Next, I used Reaper Blood Red to give him the Hellborn look I wanted.

Then I pulled out Reaper Violet Shadow to get his hair, teeth and claws darkened.

I then went back over the boney bits with the FolkArt Ultra Dye.  It'll put the glossy touch to the claws and teeth.

I am quite happy with him so far.  

Stay tuned and Enjoy!
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 174 Guests (See full list)