Sign in to follow this  
Patrik Strom

Roborally robots

Figures for one of my favorite boardgames! I already had a set painted but I messed up the varnishing so I had to get a new set and this is the result.

post-6964-0-63371500-1436470927_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

I like!

Some of Phil Foglio's early design work and illustration, weren't they?

• Like 1

Yep, I'm pretty sure his designs were used for all the Roborally bots as well as some of the interior artwork for the original game (early 90's as I recall).  Although he was doing What's New with Phil and Dixie in the early 80's for Dragon magazine.

Aww, the good ol' days!

=-Jake

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/devil-may-crytm-the-bloody-palace

now live

Automatically Appended Next Post:

About

Based on the Bloody Palace mode from the critically acclaimed Devil May Cry™ 5 video game, Devil May Cry™: The Bloody Palace is a dynamic and fast-paced board game for 2 to 4 players where style counts for everything. Players each take control of an iconic Devil May Cry™ devil hunter and try to outscore each other by building the most impressive attack combos and achieving the highest style rank.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
      Unfortunately, we are unable to ship pledge rewards to the following countries:

Afghanistan, Argentina, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, Burma, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Republic of Guinea, Republic of Guinea-Bissau, Gyana, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon and Syria, Libya, Mali, Martinique, Mexico, New Caledonia, North Korea, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Reunion Island, Somalia, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, The Republic of Maldives, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela, Yemen and Zimbabwe.

If your territory is listed above we hope to be able to offer this product to you at retail but are unable to commit to shipping to these territories during the Kickstarter.

Whilst we will strive to deliver your rewards in a timely manner, you may not receive your reward before the product is available for purchase at retail, or other promotional opportunities such as conventions. We have ensured that the pledge reward offered is packed with fantastic value and Kickstarter exclusives to compensate for any potential delays. However, if this unacceptable to you, please do not back this project and instead wait for the retail release. Thank you for your understanding.

Any pledges confirmed after our pledge manager deadline will be shipped from the UK hub at a later date and will likely incur increased shipping costs.  
      Note: they've got several open project, but have also just got £5million in extra investment funding so while timeliness of delivery may be an issue, worries about whether their ongoing projects can be afforded are probably no longer an issue
    • By Darsc Zacal
      EDIT: link to the live kickstarter:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/hellboy-the-board-game/description

The Hellboy board game will be a co-operative experience in which players face off against some of the comic’s most famous foes. Up to four people take control of iconic BRPD members, such as Hellboy, Abe Sapien and Roger the Homunculus, before exploring gothic locations and uncovering ancient artifacts.
      Set to make its Kickstarter debut in April 2018, the Hellboy board game will feature stunning, pre-assembled plastic miniatures that accurately capture the look and feel of Mike Mignola’s world famous comic series.
      “Hellboy has a great cast of characters, diverse locations and legendary monsters from the pages of folklore and myth,” said Ronnie Renton, Mantic CEO. “The comics provide a fantastic foundation on which to build an immersive, fun and fast-paced co-operative board game that will let players experience some of their favorite moments from the series.”

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/batmantm-gotham-city-chronicles/comments

KS only (not coming to retail as Monolith made a loss on the retail version of their Conan game)

optional buys

plus lots of unlocked stretch goals

game roughly based on the fairly well recived Conan game engine, they did a decent job with the Conan minis too so if your into batman and have the (significant) buy in it's probably a wise pick.
    • By paedia
      [Warning: lots of images incoming]

Next up on my table are the miniatures from Cerebria: The Inside World, a boardgame from Mindclash Games in which the forces of Bliss and Gloom vie for control of an evolving personality.

I'm going to try to do these two at a time (one from each team); the first two will be Harmony and Malice.

Session 1 - prime + zenithal highlight

Harmony

Malice

Session 2

Harmony
      With the airbrush, I did base+shading of the wings and base of the body. Colors used:
      - Twilight Blue
      - Snow Shadow
      - Surf Aqua
      - Violet Light
      - Sunset Purple
      - Maggot White

Malice
      For malice, I'm starting with the NMM-bronze-ish body. I base coated with Khaki Shadow, then used Ghoul Skin and Moldy Skin for initial highlighting. Shadows are Woodstain Brown and NMM Gold Shadow (which I am not that fond of for Gold, but seems to work well here). Any other color recommendations? I finished up the session with basing the skirt in Redstone.

• By HornedTurtle
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165626423/terror-below?ref=90d7aq&fbclid=IwAR2xtVQC9lIGiYyEd2gOSwlxkcNUOWplBWCbWYtmcEOC3h_e9HjEgoz8aZU

Terror Below is a game of government experiments gone wild in the Nevada desert.

The game has a retro look and is very reminiscent of the movie Tremors.
  • Who's Online   55 Members, 2 Anonymous, 84 Guests (See full list)