• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      I only saw one thread about crackle paste when I searched these forums.

So, I’m going to share how it’s going for me.

I started with washed and dried 1” and 2” Reaper Bases.

I put this garbage on a 2 inch base first.

Don’t buy it.  I got it at Hobby Lobby at the time because they were out of Folk Art.

To be clear, this is Crackle Medium.
      It is meant to be painted on a primed or rough surface I guess, and painted thin. I put it on kind of thick.  It didn’t crackle at all!

So, I got a tub of this stuff on Amazon.

The directions state “put over a thin layer of PVA glue.”  Pfft, who has time for that extra step?

Here is the result on a washed but otherwise un prepped set of bases.

1 inch

2 inch.

Lousy!
      So, the surface needs something for crackle paste to work right.

This is a 1” base with a thin layer of PVA glue.

This is a 1” base with just hitting it with 220 grit sandpaper and washing it again.

I also used the 2” base with dried crackle medium on it.  Not pictured.

This is a 2” base covered in black brush on primer.

Here is the result on the 2” base over dried crackle medium.  It was hard to get the stuff into a uniform layer, as the medium created a very hydrophobic surface, so the paste slides around too easy.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Brutogg Corpse-Eater, my first finished adventurer from the game Cursed City by Games Workshop.

Had a lot of fun painting this guy, I experimented by giving him grey-hued skin to represent his unhealthy eating habits (he eats zombies) and it worked better than I thought it would.
      Annoyingly though, I had to leave the bits under his coat unpainted (just couldn't get a brush up there), nobody will notice unless they turn him upside down, but it still bothers me that he's technically "Unfinished".

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By WhiteWulfe
      Finished my first mini this year, and oddly enough it was a speedpaint, taking just over an hour...

On the flipside, some of those colours work together really, REALLY well, like Sunrise Orange and Heart Throb Paint.

• By Katiepult
      Done. Tried a new technique for me with very dark green base acrylic with the skin tones on top. I kinda like it. 

• By Darcstaar
      Another addition from WIP completion.
      WIP Link here.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/91014-darcstaar-vs-bones-i-ep-7-kagunk/&tab=comments#comment-1931906
      I was going for an Ice Ogre vibe here.  Being that he is likely surrounded by frost-resistant and fire-vulnerable enemies, I wanted his shield to be a fire weapon.

This has always been a favorite model of mine from BONES I.

I hope you like it as much as I do.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)