• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Nolzur's do make a few great monster minis, even though most -if not all- of their humanoid minis are too small, weedy and have too shallow detailing for my liking. Here is one:

Yep, a dead head.

50mm base.
      The main colour is Citadel Contrast Plaguebearer flesh, the rest is regular paint.

This mini was finished September 12th 2020.

Zombie Beholder
      Nolzur's Marvellous Miniatures, Wave 11 2020
      Wizkids
      I have no idea who sculpted this, as WizKids do not -as far as I know- publish this info.
      PVC,
      50mm base
    • By Pingo
      Happy birthday, @TheAuldGrump and @Inarah. I hope you enjoy this. Notes follow after the photos.

This is Grenadier’s Hippogriff, #138 from the Fantasy Lords series way back in 1983, now sold in lead-free pewter by Mirliton Miniatures, Italy. It’s well sculpted, with securely fitting wings.

I wanted to paint something different from the common hippogriff colorings, something with a little challenge to it. So I decided to go with several black and white patterned creatures. The front end is based on an osprey, the wings on a hoopoe’s, and the hindquarters on a zebra, all somewhat modified to suit the figure and to blend where the shifts happen.

Whenever you’re going to paint a chimeric model, a creature made up of the parts of other creatures, it’s a good idea to go look at real animals to see how their colors and feathers and skins look, and also how they blend into other things. If nothing else, there are excellent visual resources on the internet.

Technical notes:

• By MoonglowMinis
      I've got more dead things for you today.  @Igormortis isn't the only one looking for some dirty dead!  Here's my little collection of swamp zombies.

The crowning jewel of this set is of course the Dreadmere Wight from Bone 4 Dreadmere.

He's got plenty of character packed into such a simple model.  I love him.

Along side him we have a repainted Zombie from D&D Giants of Legend prepaints (#40).

I've had this guy for ages, way before i learned to play D&D or ever picked up a mini brush.  His paintjob was pretty bland and I definitely think I (un)livened him up.  Would make a great shaman-type mini.

And filling out the horde we have the Zombies from the Castle Ravenloft board game.  Again.  Rather bland sculpts, but I like them a lot more now.  Their weird posture was the inspiration for the swamp theme as I imagined them pulling themselves up out of the muck.

All together, they're a fun thematic set and add for some variety to my dusty Graveyard Zombies.

Which one do you like best?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Crawling back from the dead here with this fun little handful of zombies!  Added some gravestones to a few of them using popsicle sticks.  Just good ole' classic grave crawling zombies.  Went for a dusty color palette.

Which one do you think turned out best?

• By 72moonglum
      Hello fine fans and lovers of the Reaper Miniature World!

So today I've got two figures to post. I'd do them together, but different sculptors and different genres.

The first one is an old Julie Guthrie figure from the eighties, Woman Warrior With Two Swords.  I think she came in a box from the range "the Adventurers", which was full of female player characters.

So here she is:

In one of Anne's podcasts, she was doing non-metal metal and I'd asked her about her base colors and she suggested more grey as opposed to a blue beginning, so with this figure and her metals, I started out with Rainy Grey instead of Ashen Blue which is what I normally use.  I think she came out pretty decently, even though of course I'm never satisfied with my own work.  Such is the curse of the painter....

Anyhoos, hope you enjoy her, a very fun and basic figure.  One of the reason I like old school minis as I've mentioned before.  She strapped on her armor, grabbed her blades and took off.  No ladening herself with bags, sacks and knick knacks.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)