Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, and a lot more. And has some Undead in Jungle and or Pirate style in it.
My Shifting Sands project is all about Undead, Arabian and Egyptian style Undead.
This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...
I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.
Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.
Enjoy! ( or not)
Bats and a Murder of Crows
EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give the project an oldschool vibe/.
Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread. ( Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon) and the Egyptian ones are in Shifting Sands Project)
EDIT: Since the 3D printing bug bit me, the bulk will probably become 3d printed now.
EDIT - Asked to merge my Undead Threads into one.
Now CHILDREN of the NIGHT.
This is for all the Ghotic Undead and their friends like Werewolves/Witches/Demons etc etc..
Ral Partha Female Vampire
Lurien and Aysa
Tried to keep this in very, very simple colors. I think he came out okay. Sometimes simple is good, right?
* Cape and layers came out well.
* Staff shading was good.
* metal highlights worked out well. Used an ink wask to fill in the deeper areas and shade and edge highlighted.
* brightened the scale mail in the front which I think added a cool effect.
* The staff and bones didn't differentiate enough. I tried doing a dry brush that failed pretty bad. Then went back and just did similar tones.
* I wanted to have more color in the body, but didn't see how to do it without pulling away from the grimdark look. Open to suggestions you may have.
* Also could have differed the band colors on the staff a bit more.
Open to feedback on this one.
I also need some good basing ideas.
Who's Online 14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)