Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Thunderbolt Mountain elves

Your FANTASTIC creations perfectly suits how I picture Elves...svelte, elegant, capricious, & totally egocentric. You took care of the svelte & elegant part in FINE FASHION. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

Congrats Inarah, very excellent Job.

I love Tom Meirer sculpts, and you did a beautiful job on his elves.

I've been using his sculpts to improve my brush control, and blending all year.

Oh Yeah, Eye's are OMG difficult !

• Like 3

Oh, those are beautiful! I have a few, and I know how impossibly tiny they are. You did amaaaaazing work with those eyes.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning Reapermaniacs,

So here's one I've had painted for about a week or so but have never just gotten around to sit down at my normal computer to post him.

This one is one I've actually had for a long time, and it's an old lead version back from the seventies.  I had to at one point I think scrape off some paint. I had another newer version of him, but the detail was pretty soft so ended up painting up the original, whose details were so much more nice and crisp.

And being he was a "high" elf, I wanted him to have some nice light colors, no greens and browns.

Anyhoos, here he is:

I've been on a recent kick painting these older miniatures, even old by Partha standards (pre-eighties).  I think I'm going to keep painting them, putting them into my normal mix of newer, old Partha figures.  In any case, hope you like them!

• By 72moonglum
      Morning everybody!
      So just finished this one up and got photos edited.  I've had this figure for a while now, just finally getting time to paint it, he's Ral Partha, Wizard from Ral Partha's Personalities and Things that Go Bump in the Night series.  One of the first miniatures of that series, and this might be the second version.  There was another version with a shorter hanging cloak, and then one was done many years later, where you are able to easily see Tom Meier's progress over the years.  This was sculpted in the seventies, in the infancy of Ral Partha. It's a fun miniature and this is just a huge and heavy chunk of lead.

and then kind of little close up of his tomes:

and this figure oddly enough at one point came in a gold plated version as some sort of prize.  No idea why I have it, I think it came from when my brother was working at Star Realm, our local game shop.  Sadly, as I was bringing him upstairs to photograph, he did a nose dive onto my basement, concrete floor and got a piece of his gold plating knocked off around his hat:

Beyond that he has certainly seen better days with rust/mold or whatever happens to gold plating after 40 years or so.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this little look into miniatures history!

Mark
    • By 72moonglum
      Hi Reapertronics!

So these are two I've been working on for the last week or so, two really small Tom Meier sculpts from Dark Sword Miniatures, ones from another post on the forum where I was complaining about eyes. Two really fun figures I think, excellently sculpted by Meier. Here's the first one:

and a few shots of her face up close.  The eyes aren't perfect, but they turned out better than the first try before my repaint:

and then here's the male halfling thief. He's nice and basic, with a classic old school feel. He almost gives a Bilbo Baggins type of feel to this is you ask me:

and then here they are together:

and to give you an idea of their size, I put them next to a few recent reaper models, a few of my favorites, the female hobgoblin archer (metal version with nose) and the other one is one of the dark gnome gals:

So anyhoos, lots of photos, hope you enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      So I'm working on a really small figure a newish Tom Meier Halfling Druid from DarkSword Miniatures.

I painted the eyes and was kind of satisfied with them but one seems to be bigger than the other, which means I think I painted the black first outside of the target eye that was sculpted. One eye is okay the other one it too big:

so when we get really close to the figure I can see how uneven she is, but she is really, really small:

So my first general question is, would this be enough to frustrate somebody to repaint?  

So with this in mind, the "good" news is I just went from a nice pair of magnifying nerd goggles that go up to around 2.5 to some other ones that I have sitting around that are 3.5 x magnification.  So I almost feel I have a good enough view of the eyes to edit it a little bit.  I'm just wondering if it's all worth it?  Any suggestions?

• By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody!

Here's a figure I just finished a few nights back and got her based.  She's a old, classic Ral Partha figure, Adventuress 01-018, so in that long list of Partha figures in "Personalities and Things that go Bump in the Night" range, number 18.  I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I read out there on the Lost Mini Wiki that this was the first female adventuring type of miniature that was cast.  This is in all honesty the second version of the sculpt, don't have the first one. On the bottom, she had 1976 stamped on its base so it's a nice old figure.  

I tried not to paint her in too bright of colors, kind of wanted her to be able to wander around with kind of calm colors.  Anyways, hope you enjoy this "historic" little mini, she was a joy to paint!

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)