• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Here's a simple one for you.  Painted the Great Worm as a Purple Worm to the surprise of no one.

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

• By MoonglowMinis
      Couldn't find a better thread to post this in.  Has anyone else ever had mold grow on their minis?

I have a set of bones that have been sitting around for about two year. They were super glued to a reaper base. Baking soda and super glue were used to blend the integrated base into the round base. There's also a layer of cheap craft paint as primer.

These guys have been sitting on my painting table in a former sun-room for about two years. 

I noticed the bases had yellowed a bit, which I've begun to notice on some of my other older bases using baking soda as a basing material. But when I checked on them I noticed small fuzzy looking orange tufts. 

I can only assume this is mold.

The only things I could think of to cause this are the baking soda or the water used to clean my brush before priming. 

Has anyone else seen this?

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hello again!  I'm back with an assortment of Bones that are serving as my Rangers of Shadow Deep solo party.  Decided I wanted a classic fantasy look, but didn't want to fall into the cliched green cloak look.  With that stipulation, I settled on a more autumnal color palette, and tried to keep this aesthetic across the entire party, without anyone looking like they were wearing matching uniforms.  I'm pretty pleased with the results and I tried to push myself with each mini.  What do you think?

More Photos and Thoughts Beneath the Spoiler:

I have only played a few scenarios of Rangers of Shadow Deep, and I'm honestly not sold on the whole solo-game thing.  But if the game has done anything for me, it has given me motivation to paint more and has given purpose to some of the things I already have painted.  I already ordered some extra gnolls and ghouls to meet the required numbers and will likely be showing off some monsters soon.

Which character do you like best?

What games have motivated you to paint those piles of shame?

Feel free to share your own photos!
    • By Cicciopiu
      Hello Forum friends, I'm being quite productive lately  Gonna show you the most recent mini I painted: Small world Sophie.
      Ok, I have to say I'm in love with this chibi minis, I'm gonna buy lot more cause I find them so funny to paint!
      About the paint job, well, anytime I manage to paint Sophie, my color choice for her wings is always Violet (or purple if you prefer) and so why do not make my life easy and go for a complementary palette? So, purple and yellow. Easy peasy...
      Anyway, this is the result, I'm quite happy of her, I hope you'll like her too.
      As always every C&C is more than welcome :)

Hi-res Pic 1
      Hi-res Pic 2
    • By golldan
      Worked on some critters. The leeches were painted Walnut Brown and highlighted in medium grey. Then I went over them with Turbo Dork - 3D Glasses. Then wash of Nuln Oil Glossy. Ended up with the slimy/glossy look I was trying for.

Dire Crab, I was inspired by the color scheme that many have posted here, which i think they were modeling a Blue Crab which seems to be more green with many interesting colors in it. I painted the whole thing Ivory, and then glazed inks and washes up and tried to be careful on where I laid the wash/ink down. Some were just one coat, like Reikland Fleshshade for the edges of shell and claws. Also uded Army Painter green ink and Nuln Oil (for mix with green for darkest part on top of shell) for shell/legs/claws, Reaper Sepia wash for in-between colors and the underside. Only paint I used was bit of black at tips of claws, and Tropical blue watered down to thickish wash for blue on claws/legs.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)