First time poster, long time painter - Ebonwrath

Thanks guys - I'm learning tons on the forums and on youtube - I actually did this dragon just a few weeks ago and look at it now sort of wishing I had known more. Oh well - there's always rubbing alcohol if it gets to be too disappointing.  My proudest work so far is in the show-off forum. My bugbadger is my masterpiece so far.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/63909-bugbadger-if-he-kills-it-he-wears-it/

I really love painting and wish I could work in alot more. Sometimes, I see someone's work and I'm inspired, sometimes crushed. I also really appreciate the encouragement on the forums. So many places where the keyboards of the internet are unfettered just get draining.

Welcome Welcome!

To kill stickiness you might want to try Testor's Dullcote or a brush-on sealer. (Reapers or perhaps Liquitex.) Just make sure you shake well first. ^_^

I do really like what you did with the dragon, and I think Baugi's suggestion to try and add more shadows would give it that extra touch of realism. Either way, it's a neat dragon!

Agreed!

Since you didn't mention the types of paint used, I would use the Dullcote spray first. Don't want to rub off your wonderful colors!

If you use ANY spray sealer, be sure to do it in a Low Humidity environment. High humidity can cause spray sealers to form white spots, known a s 'Frosting'.

Not a nice thing to see on a figure that you have spent a lot of time and effort on!

8)

George