5 Heads, 7 Days, Everybody's Crazy! Discussion Thread

OneBoot

Outside of planning your attack, the absolute most crucial bit is to let go and not worry.  You ain't got time to worry.  Having other competitors will make this much more tense, so remember to breathe and keep moving. 

This. I plan to just stick to posting pictures in my own thread, and not check out the competition until the end. It'll help me stay focused on what I'm doing, rather than worrying about comparing paint jobs. ^_^

If this were just Buglips I'd offer up like my used sweatband from my daily runs, but since Humans are participating, I think I'll offer up a gift certificate or something.

::o: Wow, Bryan! I'm honestly just in it for the fun and the awesome and the sheer insanity of the whole venture. The fact that you're supportive of us in our collective craziness is incredibly awesome!! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 12

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this were just Buglips I'd offer up like my used sweatband from my daily runs, but since Humans are participating, I think I'll offer up a gift certificate or something.

A...a gift certificate...?

But...my planned color scheme must happen...

and i'm getting a 2nd for commission, so can't use that one...

a 3rd one? but...eh...the costs of a 3rd one to the chance of a certificate...ehh...i dont' think i can do it  :down: i'll have to sit the challenge out still

• Like 7

Outside of planning your attack, the absolute most crucial bit is to let go and not worry.  You ain't got time to worry.  Having other competitors will make this much more tense, so remember to breathe and keep moving.

This. I plan to just stick to posting pictures in my own thread, and not check out the competition until the end. It'll help me stay focused on what I'm doing, rather than worrying about comparing paint jobs. ^_^

Huzzah!

I'm flexible on the thread point, but if we can do it all in one thread I'd prefer that.  I think it'd be easier to keep track of update by update and more exciting.  It would also save time doing the OP write-up announcing it, since it would only need one.  And I could do that, given that this will be my fourth rodeo so I can lose a little time on the post.  It's only a few minutes worth, but those minutes may count. 

• Like 7

a 3rd one? but...eh...the costs of a 3rd one to the chance of a certificate...ehh...i dont' think i can do it  :down: i'll have to sit the challenge out still

What are the terms of the challenge? Why would your planned colour scheme not work?
  • Like 3

It might be a complicated scheme.  Participants can paint their dragon any colours they wish, but a complicated scheme may need more than the allotted time.  There's also the compromise factor - the results might turn out pretty good, but are unlikely to be extremely high-end finished display pieces.  The risk associated with a speed challenge is that you may wind up with a partially-finished or ruined dog turd.  There's a chance participation results in sacrificing a large piece.  One that could probably be reworked, but it's always best to only do it if you're willing to accept that the result may be quite hideous.  This risk has never bothered me, but this will be the first time I have co-sufferers. 

• Like 10

You can do it Siri, you're getting extra practice anyways! :P

• Like 3

Huzzah!

I'm flexible on the thread point, but if we can do it all in one thread I'd prefer that.  I think it'd be easier to keep track of update by update and more exciting.  It would also save time doing the OP write-up announcing it, since it would only need one.

I see your point, especially since your Kaladrax thread caught a number of KS commenters' attention. Having everything in a single thread that we could point people to would make things a lot simpler. I'm sure it would make life easier for the mods, too, since I anticipate a large crowd gathering. ^_^

Oh man, I'm getting excited and nervous already, and it's over a year away still! :lol:

There's a chance participation results in sacrificing a large piece.  One that could probably be reworked, but it's always best to only do it if you're willing to accept that the result may be quite hideous.  This risk has never bothered me, but this will be the first time I have co-sufferers. 

Which is why I currently plan to get two, depending on the KS price. Doing the speedpaint at ReaperCon taught me that I can accomplish a lot more than I thought I could in 1 hour, but it also taught me that the results will be...less than optimal.  :ik_oops:

Huzzah!

• Like 9

I am seriously considering doing this.... I love speed-painting, and I'm already getting one anyways...

My concern is speed-painting one and then having no interest whatsoever in painting a second, really nice one. 

hmm... I guess i have a little time to think since he hasn't even been 'officially' offered yet....

• Like 7

It might be a complicated scheme.  Participants can paint their dragon any colours they wish, but a complicated scheme may need more than the allotted time.  There's also the compromise factor - the results might turn out pretty good, but are unlikely to be extremely high-end finished display pieces.  The risk associated with a speed challenge is that you may wind up with a partially-finished or ruined dog turd.  There's a chance participation results in sacrificing a large piece.  One that could probably be reworked, but it's always best to only do it if you're willing to accept that the result may be quite hideous.  This risk has never bothered me, but this will be the first time I have co-sufferers. 

isn't there an old saying about miusery loving company.  you may have alot of company this time.

• Like 4

What are the terms of the challenge? Why would your planned colour scheme not work?

The terms are the same as the crazy challenges I've already done.  They're mostly legacy rules that sort of just happened, but the genesis of this challenge is that Shadowraven threw down the gauntlet and challenged me on my own terms and turf - so that means by the rules my threads have been done by.  Size 0, no prepwork, etc.  While other people are free to join in on it, changing the nature of these rules would inevitably change the nature of the whole challenge. 

Basically this is an opportunity for other people to take me on and prove they can do as good or better. 

• Like 6

It wouldn't work because what I plan would take far longer than 5 days to finish, and I don't want to rush it. Maybe i'll pick up a 3rd Tianot (cost depending) and use that for the challenge so i can participate

but i also dont' have a size 0 brush so perhaps it is best if i just observe the challenge, rather than have to buy another dragon, and new brushes, in order to participate. 

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 6