Sign in to follow this  
Darcstaar

77185 Earth Elemental 2015 Summer Exchange FROM SGHawkins09

Wow, I really like the snow idea on the elemental.  Very "cool"!  That snow is very well done too!

• Like 1

That is inspiring work! Love the crystals on his shoulders & the colors you got on his skin.

I will admit when I first saw it I thought of this:

bumble1.jpg

• Like 5

OK Everyone.

I'm so jazzed by the minis SGHawkins09 sent me for the 2015 summer exchange.

This was the Bone Earth Elemental 77185 painted in an ice/snow theme, based as such.

It might be a great proxy for a certain Disney Movie all the kids know by heart these days...

She fogot to take pictures, so I did her the honor.  She should be very proud of her work.

I love how in certain shots/angles, the snow effect looks like it's melting!

This figure and its partner have taken up front positions on the Shelf of HonorTM

Lovely paint job and the crystals are well done.   I also like the ice blue glowing eyes!

Looks like you are holding out on us though!   I quote "This figure and its partner have taken up front positions on the Shelf of Honor", there is a clear mention of a partner in here... but no pictures...  :devil:

• Like 2

I utterly despise Winter in general AND snow in particular. Despite that I think your creation is WONDERFULLY imaginative & BEAUTIFULLY executed. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 3

Thanks for taking pictures Darcstaar!

What did you use for snow?

Some powdered snow from Woodland Scenics mixed with Secret Weapon's Realistic Water topped with some fresh powder. I ended up mixing up too much which is why there is a lot on his base.

• Like 5