• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This is a Patrick Keith sculpt  from the Warlord range and I have loved it since it came out years ago.  She would be a really cool player character, I don't know why we don't see her more often.  Great dynamic movement with this one.  Anyway, I threw some color on her, so maybe she'll end up on the table one day. 

• By Inarah
      Here is Lashana, bad-elf female warrior-wizard. I was inspired by a movie I saw recently.  Really enjoyed working with the red and orange colors.  I like how non-traditional and energizing the color scheme is. 

• By bblythe84
      I painted her up as a fun project. Let me know what you think. 

I am trying to improve my painting abilities.

The purple marking on her thigh was supposed to be a skull tattoo, it didn't really work as well as I had hoped.

• By R2ED
      I realize it's not the weekend, but the week was quite busy and I'm happy to have got any of this done at all.  

BATTLE REPORT!

This little wizard's focus for me was going to be brighter colors and trying to do skin and hair better.  I think it came out pretty well.

Wins:
      *  The base color of red tone and highlighting upward to flesh tone seems to be a good mix.  
      *  Keeping to adjacent colors on the color wheel made for a pleasing, eye-catching combo.  I have to say using the reds, oranges, and browns was pretty fun.
      *  I did as much highlighting and avoiding washes as I could.  This has been my practice over the last number of models I've done.  I don't get how the videos show people just splashing it on for amazing results.  I don't get it, can't seem to do it the same, so I resort to taking more time on starting dark and going light.  Much like Dr. Faust's painting videos.  I've learned much from watching him.
      *  Mixing paints is getting better.  I used like colors to lighten and highlight and I'm getting a better balance and understanding of how they may look really different wet, but getting to know how they dry and differs greatly.  
      *  The eyes worked better going in order of black first, white second, black third.  I was doing a white, black, white and it made the eyes look weird.  @Inarah pushed me to try something different and it's been working better.  
      *  The brown hair with little highlights came out good and I'm trying to be very light in my touch to get subtle look versus stark.  Win!

Misses: 
      *  The staff is okay.  I tried to give it like some kind of weathered look or cool effect at the end, but it just didn't sing like I had hoped.
      *  On the back of his cape, there's a part that I tried shading inf that just didn't look believable to the eye.  I tried to hit it a few times to catch the light and how to lighten the edgest, but it was lost on me.  Fail.
      *The skin on his hand held out has a funny look to it up close.  I tried to bring out some of pads of his fingers and palm, but it doesn't look as good as I had hoped.

Overall it's another win, and I'm happy with the results.  
    • By planetmut
      Her face is way lighter in real life. In the pics she looks like she's got stubble...

• Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)