Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

Long Shot Loim - Red Box Games.

This is the last of the Brigand Series by Tre Manor;

Long Shot Loim served under the Duke of Norfolk, He wasn't always a scoundrel,

nor a brigand.  Ever since that fight in the tavern, he had been on the run.

He didn't relish the thought of having another personal confrontation, so he used

his other skill. He was lethal with a bow, and it kept him far enough away from his

target to hear nothing.  He always laid a sword at his feet, you never know if an emergency

were to occur.  He was smart enough to always give himself a back up.

Comments and Critiques are always appreciated, and desired.

I really do appreciate feed back.

Jay

I have added two photos of the trio of Brigands to the photo set.

So here is Smarty Sean, DIrk the Ne'r Do Well, and Long Shot Loim

together.

Should have done that in the beginning.

Here they are:

post-12655-0-04151900-1436997735_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-72438400-1436997735.jpg

post-12655-0-30373600-1436997736.jpg

post-12655-0-84751100-1436997736.jpg

post-12655-0-45740600-1436997737.jpg

post-12655-0-31819100-1437099578_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-01952900-1437099579_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 17

Looks good Jay! I like the little bit of glint you put on his sword scabbard at the bottom. 

The only critique I would give is how you laid the sword at his feet.  Parellel like that, almost makes one think it is just a stem off the mini.   Next time maybe stick it into the earth at a slight angle so it appears like he can just reach out and grab it to start swinging.

(you asked after all)

(OH and I see zero orange there.. just saying)

:devil:

• Like 2

Looks good Jay! I like the little bit of glint you put on his sword scabbard at the bottom. 

Next time maybe stick it into the earth at a slight angle so it appears like he can just reach out and grab it to start swinging.

I tried standing the sword up, and it became THE focal point !

I maneuvered it all around and it just didn't look natural, finally I laid it down so that it fit.

It only looks like an extension of the sprue in that lasts photo, its far enough from his feet.

I thought you would have picked up the orange and brown I mixed for the highlights on the leather breeches !

:wacko::rock::upside:

• Like 3

Next time maybe stick it into the earth at a slight angle so it appears like he can just reach out and grab it to start swinging.

I tried standing the sword up, and it became THE focal point !

I maneuvered it all around and it just didn't look natural, finally I laid it down so that it fit.

It only looks like an extension of the sprue in that lasts photo, its far enough from his feet.

I thought you would have picked up the orange and brown I mixed for the highlights on the leather breeches !

:wacko::rock::upside:

Hummm   I definitly missed that.. I did see the brown highlights but they looked more yellow than orange.   More than likely my monitor than the actual image.

I sit corrected.   :blush:

Edited by robinh
  • Like 2

Wow, another great job.  Your contrasts on your colors are very nice.  My monitor reads the brown highlights as orange when I look at it closely.  Not a glaring orange, just a nice brown highlight.

• Like 2

Thank you Malefactus, Silvervane, and Citrine.

Since I admire all of your work it makes me happy to hear that I am

getting better.  I've been working on improving the intensity of those highlights,

with an occasional brush tip spot highlight.  Never thought I would do that !

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 1

Was thinking of adding a photo of all three brigands together to the photo set ?

Good or bad idea ?

Jay

• Like 1

Was thinking of adding a photo of all three brigands together to the photo set ?

Good or bad idea ?

Jay

Fantastic idea! You read my mind I was going to ask you to do that today, but got busy.

I have added a two set of photo's of the three Brigands to the initial photos of Long Shot Loim.

I should have done that in the beginning.  They are a threesome group of Brigands/Scoundrels.

Now you can see the inter-connectivity.

Jay

• Like 1