Bases?

Gardensnake

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If reaper is using plastic bases i would bet thay are using some other manufacturer's bases. plastic casting is very costly to start up.

Games workshop sells large bags of square bases for fair prices, http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefr...=DoRace&game=12

EM-4 minis sells plastic bases as well [ wotc was using EM-4 for chaimail] The rise of the Pound may increase costs depending where you at. http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/MINIAATURES_BASES.html

Couldnot resist putting in a plug for Metal bases. With the size of the figs combined with the metal bases, you know you have purchased something solid...it has that wow do I have a fig or what, feel to it...plastic bases reduce the overall weight and feel...

and yes one of the things I like about this new game is the look and feel of the figs as you move them about the table.

Enough of the indulgence and onto the question. Where can I get the metal bases that were eluded to in this discussion string? :rock:

I TOTALLY agree with CanuckWarlord. I have a few Warlord models with metal bases and they are SOLID. I was a little disappointed to see the newer Warlord models with plastic bases. I must admit that due to the cost, I have been mounting my DHL models for the Walord game on plastic bases.

- dewen

:lol: Thanks Flynn really appreciate the quick link. I'll be ordering them very soon.

From Dewen's posting, I must infer that future warlord figs are coming out with plastic bases? I have 3 that I've recently purchased that have come with plastic....is this the future trend for all Warlord Figs? I certainly hope not. If the creators of this new game are paying any heed to these discussion forums that would certainly be a suggestion I would make to them... keep the feel of the game as is...METAL all the way!

Its would be foolish to make the figures plastic. As stated plastic casting costs thousands upon thousands to start up right, its very dangerous, the fumes are lethal, and real gamers tend to dislike that. Bases on the other hand are $1.40 a piece for metal. Now Id certainly mount characters on these, but to mount grunts, its getting to be 50 bucks for bases alone. Anyways I seriously doubt Reaper would pull a GW and start making armies out of plastic.

Right ... ?

I was worried more about the trend towards plastic bases...having the metal figs is what the warlord is clearly all about..but the finish to it all is the bases and lately my more recent Warlord purchases have come with plastic bases... I will be asking my local retailer to bring metal bases in...still cheaper with the exchange rate to buy them locally then to order from the web store.